Punatalk
Punatalk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Donate
 All Forums
 Punaweb Forums
 Puna Politics
 Tulsi for President

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Frank Posted - 12/19/2018 : 17:30:45
at this moment she has my vote...http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2018/12/19/used-bucking-establishment-gabbard-eyes-white-house-run/

and she's from our district!

strike the "from" insert "represents"
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
leilanidude Posted - 06/18/2019 : 14:19:55
Will probably drop out after that debate.
Frank Posted - 06/13/2019 : 18:22:21
Democratic Party activists want hillery!!!!!

On a positive note...Tulsi will be front and center in the first debate -https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/06/13/breaking-news/tulsi-gabbard-joins-20-others-for-first-dnc-presidential-debate/

Should be interesting
HereOnThePrimalEdge Posted - 06/11/2019 : 22:14:01
An article which highlights Tulsi’s childhood and formative years.

Tulsi Gabbard Had a Very Strange Childhood.
Which may help explain why she’s out of place in today’s Democratic Party. And her long-shot 2020 candidacy.
When FiveThirtyEight asked 60 Democratic Party activists whom they didn’t want to win, Tulsi Gabbard came in first out of 17 candidates

Now as our representative, she barely represents us:

In the house, to which she was elected in 2012, Tulsi Gabbard does not behave like a representative who wants to remain in Congress; she appears to be building a political platform for another office. Her legislative record amounts to one anodyne bipartisan bill on veterans’ affairs, but she is constantly introducing “messaging bills” — non-committee-specific, hopeless pieces of legislation...
https://www.thecut.com/2019/06/tulsi-gabbard-2020-presidential-campaign.html
riversnout Posted - 05/30/2019 : 12:35:33
"What do you think is the most important problem facing the country today?"

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1675/most-important-problem.aspx

National security 1%
Elections/Election reform 1%
Situation with Russia * (Less than 0.5%)

Puna residents and voters deserve a real answer? How about we discuss things that people actually give a damn about?
kalakoa Posted - 05/29/2019 : 08:46:34
Puna residents and voters deserve a real answer.

Puna residents and voters have consistently failed to demonstrate that they deserve anything at all.

HereOnThePrimalEdge Posted - 05/29/2019 : 07:46:39
She said the article was fake news. My god, learn how to read.

The article contained the issue of Putin & national security, international players in that scenario, and their possible relationship to Tulsi, and a huge unknown factor about whether they were encouraged or unencouraged, coordinated or uncoordinated. Tulsi refused to address any of that.

I can read perfectly well, with comprehension, the full scope of the situation.
Not just the excerpt that tells a small part of the story. Tulsi’s reply, unfortunately leaves us guessing.

Puna residents and voters deserve a real answer.
riversnout Posted - 05/29/2019 : 07:02:29
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge
He states clearly, unequivocally that there is simple answer to the question “Is Vladimir Putin is a threat to US national security? Tulsi didn’t answer “yes” she replied “fake news.”

REP. TULSI GABBARD: "You know, it’s unfortunate that you’re citing that article, George, because it’s a whole lot of fake news. What I am focused on is..."

She said the article was fake news. My god, learn how to read.
HereOnThePrimalEdge Posted - 05/29/2019 : 05:37:12
Robert Mueller who lead the two year investigation, made it easier for Tulsi to answer a question about Russia and national security when he spoke this morning, Wed, May 29th:

"As alleged by the grand jury in an indictment, Russian intelligence officers who are part of the Russian military launched a concerted attack on our political system. The indictment alleges that they used sophisticated cyber techniques to hack into computers and networks used by the Clinton campaign. They stole private information and then released that information through fake online identities and through the organization Wikileaks. The releases were designed and timed to interfere with our election and to damage a presidential candidate."

He states clearly, unequivocally that there is simple answer to the question “Is Vladimir Putin is a threat to US national security? Tulsi didn’t answer “yes” she replied “fake news.”

I hope as our representative in Congress, Tulsi reconsiders the situation.
TomK Posted - 05/29/2019 : 00:23:05
I don't know why Tulsi won't answer such a question, but I don't think she's a viable presidential candidate. On the other hand, Hawaii is located in a rather important strategical point in the Pacific and we have a president who doesn't care about North Korea's threats and even sides with a rather evil dictator.

This is something that all of us in the Pacific should pay attention to. Although North Korea may not yet have the technology to threaten the islands, we don't know that for certain. Secondly, any conflict involving North Korea will no doubt involve forces in Hawaii being involved. It is something to which we should all pay attention.

But we should also pay attention to the horrific actions the North Korean government has carried out against its civilians, and to have our president side with Kim Jong Un makes me feel sick.
leilanidude Posted - 05/27/2019 : 13:06:05
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

Vladimir Putin is a threat to U.S. national security?

Last week Putin flew a Russian bomber into US airspace. It had to be intercepted by Air Force fighter jets.
So my yes or no answer is yes.
Tulsi?

That wasn't so difficult, was it?

Why can't Tulsi answer such a simple question? I thought the DemoRats were all up in arms against Putin/Russia?
HereOnThePrimalEdge Posted - 05/27/2019 : 12:01:39
Vladimir Putin is a threat to U.S. national security?

Last week Putin flew a Russian bomber into US airspace. It had to be intercepted by Air Force fighter jets.
So my yes or no answer is yes.
Tulsi?
leilanidude Posted - 05/27/2019 : 11:53:30
quote:
Originally posted by riversnout

leilanidude, do you still beat your wife? Answer a simple yes or no question.

Straw man attack.

Again, this was a simple yes or no question.

Do you believe that Vladimir Putin is a threat to U.S. national security?

Democrats made a 2 year investigation/witch hunt out of this, claiming that he is.
Frank Posted - 05/27/2019 : 08:08:36
riversnout for VP to Tulsi!

eta only kidding ...+1 river
riversnout Posted - 05/26/2019 : 21:39:39
leilanidude, do you still beat your wife? Answer a simple yes or no question.
kalakoa Posted - 05/26/2019 : 16:05:49
a simple yes or no question

A stupid and misleading question. We're well beyond mere "state actors" at this point.

Punatalk © 2003 to 2014 Punaweb Go To Top Of Page