Punatalk
Punatalk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Donate
 All Forums
 Punaweb Forums
 Puna Events
 Pahoa Roundabout Landscaping

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rene Siracusa Posted - 05/02/2019 : 15:41:39
Malama O Puna and Mainstreet Pahoa Assn are partnering with State DOT - Highways Div., Puna Community Policing, & Youth Challenge to weed, plant and maintain the roundabout, which was getting pretty seedy looking. A community workday has been scheduled for this Saturday, May 4 from 9 am to noon. If you would like to help beautify the entrance to Pahoa and the gateway to Puna makai, put on your best gardening outfit and meet us in front of Subway. If you can't physically attend but would like to support this effort, tax deductible donations will be accepted. Pls make checks payable to Malama O Puna, whose mailing address is POB 1520, Pahoa 96778. You will receive a receipt for the IRS.
mahalo plenty,
Rene
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Rene Siracusa Posted - 05/12/2019 : 12:06:12
Carey -
So I snoozed, I loozed. I must remember to check this site more often...

Thanks anyway,
Rene
Carey Posted - 05/12/2019 : 09:10:17
Rene, just rehomed the naupaka on Friday...
Rene Siracusa Posted - 05/11/2019 : 13:29:16
The first planting day was a success, and we will now fill in between the Manila Palms at our next gardening session, which is now scheduled for Saturday, June 8 at 10:00 am.

We will provide tools & gloves & light refreshments. If you have gallon jugs of water, we can always use them.

This is a "feel good" project because you see the results right away and all the passing cars give you shakas & mahalos. Please join us.

malama pono,
Rene
Rene Siracusa Posted - 05/11/2019 : 13:22:46
Hi Carey -

Yes to the naupaka. Are they the kahakai or the kuahiwi? How many do you have and what size pots?(I can return the pots later).

mahalo,
Rene
Carey Posted - 05/02/2019 : 17:27:02
Rene we have a handful of Naupaka that we had started a year ago for another project & these were leftover...
Could you use them (me thinks they really wanna be planted)

Punatalk © 2003 to 2014 Punaweb Go To Top Of Page