Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Punaweb Forums
 Punatalk
 Best Pahoa Burgers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page

Please note: All postings, business listings and advertisements are made available here, without charge, as a public service by Punaweb. No recommendations or endorsements of any specific posting, business listing or advertisement are made or implied by Punaweb.

Author Topic
Page: of 3

Peter Easterling
Da Kine

263 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  17:10:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every now and then I put down my bowl of noni and tofu for a good old hamburger. I suggested to my honey that we do a Pahoa Hamburger Review. Service, ambiance, price and mainly, the food. Luquin's, Kaleo's and Black Rock have burgers. Anyplace else? I hope it does not warrant an explanation but I have not included Burger King for consideration.

Any other burgers available? We will sample them all and report our findings. We went to Kaleo's last night and were surprised at the burger. Final reviews will be released upon completion of our secret shopper mission.

rainyjim
Punatic

2079 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  17:13:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Semi off topic but I love the burgers at Punalu'u bakery in Naalehu. They are my favorite!
Go to Top of Page

Obie
Punatic

USA
3723 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  17:14:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
L & L has the cheapest burger and fries in Pahoa.

Try it, you'll like it it !!!!
Go to Top of Page

deserteagle50ae
Da Kine

USA
363 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  17:16:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HILO Burger Joint, onolicious!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Oneself
Kamaaina

USA
924 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  17:26:25  Show Profile  Visit Oneself's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If your on Kona side, Ultimate Burger is the best burger I've had on the entire island. Rivals some good burger spots back mainland.
Go to Top of Page

terracore
Punatic

5854 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  17:36:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, I haven't found a great burger in Pahoa yet. I haven't been to L&L, though I have been to Blaines at Orchidland (I think that almost qualifies as Pahoa) and they are no better (maybe worse) than the burgers they have at True Value next door. Kaleo's and Black Rock, they are just ok... not remarkable in any sense, and even less remarkable considering the price. I have never had a burger at Luquins. Though not in Pahoa, but at least in Puna, the burgers at Lava Rock Café in Volcano are better than anything I've had in Pahoa.
Go to Top of Page

james weatherford
Punatic

USA
1921 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  17:40:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fresh, Puna-pastured beef.
Right from our farm on the makai edge of Pahoa.
You cook.
Now taking orders for next available: end of November.

:)
Go to Top of Page

coastal
malihini

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  18:04:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I actually like the Kaleo's burgers. Most everything they have is good. And when you're looking for a sit-down menu, they're pretty much tops on my list for Pahoa.
Go to Top of Page

terracore
Punatic

5854 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  18:08:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The James Weatherford beef is awesome. We will be getting more.
Go to Top of Page

palanist

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  18:13:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(Luquin's has a pretty good burger) Sadly I think we need a few new restaurants in this town like a Burger joint with ice cold beer on tap, Japanese food and sushi Bar, All you can eat spaghetti with great garlic bread, A great Mexican restaurant like "Lucy's". My husband and I have 20+ years on the Island.....I can go on and on... we still love it here!!
Go to Top of Page

csgray
Punatic

3338 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  18:13:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a great burger and fries at Pele's Kitchen recently. I grew up in the Midwest where my parents bought a half a steer every year from neighbors and I am a burger snob, but this one was good. You can also get a beer or drink from the bar "next door" which is convenient.

People need to support this place or they will disappear.

Carol
Go to Top of Page

fishenjim
Da Kine

USA
376 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  18:36:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had three Sunday breakfasts at Pele's kitchen and found it plenty good reasonably priced and friendly service. I work at Kaleo`s so I'll put in my vote for Kaleo`s. Besides it's the only burger I've had in Pahoa. I've had dozens and dozens of different calamari and can truly call Kaleo`s exceptional. And I'm certain no one will get the kind of service being discussed on another thread currently. Better not say any more or Rob will hit me up for advertising.
Go to Top of Page

bluesboy
Kamaaina

914 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  19:34:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since we're talking pahoa - I always enjoy a whopper from Burger King.
Go to Top of Page

deserteagle50ae
Da Kine

USA
363 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  20:21:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I second that for the whopper. Funny, I was just there five minutes ago eating a whopper combo.
Go to Top of Page

lavalava
Punatic

Reunion Island
1275 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  21:21:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BK and L&L are at the bottom of the quality imho. Pele's has that home cooked feel...
Go to Top of Page

PauHana
Da Kine

374 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2014 :  08:02:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Black Rock has a good old American hamburger at a reasonable price.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Punatalk © 2003 to 2014 Punaweb Go To Top Of Page