Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Punaweb Forums
 Puna Politics
 Mazie Hirono - Paniolo?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Please note: All postings, business listings and advertisements are made available here, without charge, as a public service by Punaweb. No recommendations or endorsements of any specific posting, business listing or advertisement are made or implied by Punaweb.

Author Topic  

HereOnThePrimalEdge
Punatic

South Sandwich Islands
8305 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2019 :  11:18:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mazie Hirono does Hawaii proud. She must have spent some time as a paniolo on the slopes of Mauna Kea, because today in her questioning of AG William Barr, she lassoed, roped him to the ground, and with dates, documents, and hard facts explained what really happened the last few weeks since the Mueller Report was issued.

Good job Mazie. Someone in our government is working.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/01/politics/mazie-hirono-barr-senate-judiciary/index.html

Punaperson
Da Kine

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2019 :  11:40:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're quicker on the keyboard than I am - I logged on just to say how proud of Mazie I am. In these days of spin, alternative facts, and just plain old lies, it is reassuring to hear our Senator speak the truth to power.
Go to Top of Page

Chunkster
Punatic

2085 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2019 :  13:50:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't always been a big fan of Hirono, but she won some respect today. Sad thing is that only the people who already know the truth about the "testimony" will listen to her. At least somebody pointed out publicly and effectively how criminals have taken over key elements of the executive branch, and there's value in that.
Go to Top of Page

AnnieFC

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2019 :  19:35:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am very impressed by her questioning today. Hirono (HEROno) did great!
Go to Top of Page

Frank
Kamaaina

993 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2019 :  18:25:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think Hirono represented the people of Hawaii very well at all in her questioning/NON-questioning of AG Barr...She's demonstrated that she wants the issue to be about HER, not the interest of the people of Hawaii...

1 maybe 2 questions, which were not allowed to be answered (afraid to ask a question and wait for an answer?) I'm not incline to vote for a politician who makes the issue about themselves
Go to Top of Page

HereOnThePrimalEdge
Punatic

South Sandwich Islands
8305 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2019 :  21:30:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
her questioning/NON-questioning of AG Barr...She's demonstrated that she wants the issue to be about HER

Do you have examples of non questions? Examples of how the proceedings were about her and not Barr?

2 questions, which were not allowed to be answered

If you watch the entire testimony, including when other Senators questioned Barr, he was elusive, and didnít answer a number of times. Mazie offered him another opportunity to do so, when he stalled she simply continued with her next question as her time with him is limited. The chairman will cut off a Senator when their time is expired.
Go to Top of Page

TomK
Punatic

USA
8505 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2019 :  01:32:32  Show Profile  Visit TomK's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"I'm not incline to vote for a politician who makes the issue about themselves"

I know of no living politician, whether they represent Hawaii or not, that doesn't make the issue about themselves. There may be one or two I can think of that didn't do that, but they're dead.
Go to Top of Page

Frank
Kamaaina

993 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2019 :  07:07:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have examples of non questions?

4 min and 21 sec of hirono's 4 min 52 sec time with AG Bar were dedicated to personal attack, including false accusations and character assignation, on AG Barr. I consider this disgusting display cheap and self serving, unbecoming and not in the interest of the Hawaiian people...this was a display of NON questioning

In my opinion she Squandered her precious time, Hawaii voters precious time, with AG Barr in the interest of her ego...This is NOT about hirono or her personal vendetta. She needs to follow her own advise - Shut UP Mazie

eta - spelling

Edited by - Frank on 05/04/2019 08:54:47
Go to Top of Page

leilanidude
Punatic

USA
3645 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2019 :  08:27:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
4 min and 21 sec of hirono's 4 min 52 sec time with AG Bar were dedicated to personal attach, including false accusations and character assignation, on AG Barr.
=============
[Deleted by moderator. Off topic.]
Go to Top of Page

BillyB
Da Kine

240 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2019 :  08:39:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I know of no living politician, whether they represent Hawaii or not, that doesn't make the issue about themselves. There may be one or two I can think of that didn't do that, but they're dead."

Definition:

Statesman: A dead politician.

"HEROno" or Hero? No! Or, Her O No. depends on your point of view

Edited by - BillyB on 05/04/2019 08:46:24
Go to Top of Page

Rob Tucker
Kama'aina

9836 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2019 :  09:07:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"She needs to follow her own advise - Shut UP Mazie"....

She's not being paid to shut up. She is being paid to speak for her constituents and I believe the general consensus is she is doing just that.
Go to Top of Page

Frank
Kamaaina

993 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2019 :  12:01:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She is being paid to speak for her constituents and I believe the general consensus is she is doing just that.

So, the general consensus of her constituents, concerning the issue at hand, is...exhaust 95% of your allotted time, Mazie, to attack AG Barr personally, for us the constituency, rather then have their senator ask pertinent questions as to weather or not AG Bar committed some sort of crime ?

If this is a correct assumption, the bar is set on the floor for meaningful judicial/legislative representation in Congress by Mazie...

Go to Top of Page

Rob Tucker
Kama'aina

9836 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2019 :  12:11:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah Frank, You have an opinion and we have heard it.
Go to Top of Page

kalakoa
Motormouth

12429 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2019 :  14:38:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have their senator ask pertinent questions as to weather or not AG Bar committed some sort of crime

No crimes were committed; the administration investigated itself and found zero evidence of wrongdoing.
Go to Top of Page

Frank
Kamaaina

993 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2019 :  08:48:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mazie jumps on the wagon, equipped with flat tires, again...

https://bigislandnow.com/2019/09/15/sen-hirono-calls-for-kavanaugh-impeachment/
Go to Top of Page

lquade
Punatic

1056 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2019 :  11:09:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when maize shows up in any form i turn it off. her pontificating is an embarrassment to hawaii. yes, most politicians are full of themselves, but she takes the cake..
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Punatalk © 2003 to 2014 Punaweb Go To Top Of Page