Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Punaweb Forums
 Punatalk
 Sen Gabbard speach at MK this weekend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Please note: All postings, business listings and advertisements are made available here, without charge, as a public service by Punaweb. No recommendations or endorsements of any specific posting, business listing or advertisement are made or implied by Punaweb.

Author Topic  

dan d
Punatic

USA
1059 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2019 :  06:50:36  Show Profile  Visit dan d's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Itís so good to be home, itís so good to be here. Mahalo nui to the k#363;puna here for your kind words and your warm welcome, and the example that you are setting for not only the people who are gathered here but for the many who are watching from across the United States, and around the world. Iím grateful to be here to be able to share my Aloha with all of you as we recognize that what is happening here is about so much more than just a telescope. That this speaks to not only the history of disrespect and dishonouring of sacred places here in Hawai#699;i, but this alarming trend that we see happening around the world. The danger and the consequence of what happens to us as people when we lose touch with our spiritual roots and when we lose touch with ke Akua and these sacred places, the replenishment that we get when we come to places like this, when we have the opportunity to say our prayers to fulfill our cultural practices.Ē Ė Rep. Gabbard

HPP

Edited by - dan d on 08/12/2019 06:50:54

randomq
Punatic

USA
1762 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2019 :  08:26:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gee, who knew Tulsi was so deeply spiritual, saying her prayers on the mauna...
Go to Top of Page

PaulW
Punatic

5534 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2019 :  08:34:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"the example that you are setting" = If the courts don't rule in your favor then block the road until they do.
Go to Top of Page

leilanidude
Punatic

USA
3645 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2019 :  08:40:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a ditz. . .
Go to Top of Page

HereOnThePrimalEdge
Punatic

South Sandwich Islands
8305 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2019 :  09:05:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the history of disrespect and dishonouring of sacred places here in Hawaii

Tulsi "Ruggles" Gabbard
Yet another Puna representative getting paid by us so she can follow her dream.
What has she done for Puna since she started running for president? Was she here more than twice during the duration of the flow? Has her increased national exposure benefited us in any major way?
Go to Top of Page

Seeb
Punatic

2017 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2019 :  09:13:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How close is that to state sponsored religion
Go to Top of Page

Frank
Kamaaina

993 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2019 :  09:40:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

the history of disrespect and dishonouring of sacred places here in Hawaii

Tulsi "Ruggles" Gabbard
Yet another Puna representative getting paid by us so she can follow her dream.
What has she done for Puna since she started running for president? Was she here more than twice during the duration of the flow? Has her increased national exposure benefited us in any major way?

@hopte from another post...Mazie Hirono does Hawaii proud. She must have spent some time as a paniolo on the slopes of Mauna Kea...she must have grown tired of riding or maybe she just has no opinion on the issue of TMT or the plight of citizens of Hawaii...Who knows, she is silent, along with Schatz and Case. NO real benefits for our State from these three. Hirono throws her support to the folks crossing the border down in Texas...thats sooo empathetic...

Go to Top of Page

Frank
Kamaaina

993 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2019 :  09:46:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

What a ditz. . .

Name calling is a good offence in debate?...or is name calling just offensive and counter-productive?
Go to Top of Page

HereOnThePrimalEdge
Punatic

South Sandwich Islands
8305 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2019 :  09:59:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
has no opinion on the issue of TMT or the plight of citizens of Hawaii...Who knows, she is silent, along with Schatz and Case.

All three have stated their support for the TMT and the Hawaii Supreme Court ruling. I've posted their comments on another thread earlier. As for how they benefit Hawaii, I'm working today - - so later. Schatz, Hirono, & Case show up for work regularly, rather than give speeches on the campaign trail.
Go to Top of Page

Punatic007
Punatic

1296 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2019 :  10:08:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She's not too bright. The majority don't approve of the protest there go lots of votes.
Go to Top of Page

knieft
Punatic

1005 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2019 :  17:28:44  Show Profile  Visit knieft's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there any politician I can vote for, or otherwise, that has taken a pro-TMT stance with any vigor?

Granted no one I have ever voted for has won (with the exception of Harry Kim the first time), but I suspect I will be a one issue voter until someone clears the access road completely and construction is started in earnest.

Cheers,
Kirt
Go to Top of Page

HereOnThePrimalEdge
Punatic

South Sandwich Islands
8305 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2019 :  11:35:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who knows, she is silent, along with Schatz and Case. NO real benefits for our State from these three. Hirono...

From Sen. Schatz today, in response to more attracts on the environment, our environment in Hawaii with more endangered species than any other state. Itís an issue he cares about, has worked on in the past, and is no doubt reviewing today:

Monday, the US Interior Department announced significant changes that would weaken how the Endangered Species Act is implemented.

Hawaii has been called the endangered species capitol of the world as its home to animals like the leatherback sea turtle and the Hawaiian nene.

U.S. Senator Brian Schatz took to Twitter and wrote, "This makes me sick. Please, young people, turn out in massive numbers so we can take better care of the earth."

https://www.kitv.com/story/40909096/schatz-sick-over-trump-administration-plans-to-weaken-endangered-species-act?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_KITV4
Go to Top of Page

leilanidude
Punatic

USA
3645 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2019 :  12:04:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frank

quote:

What a ditz. . .

Name calling is a good offence in debate?...or is name calling just offensive and counter-productive?

Do you disagree? Would be happy to debate my statement on her.
Go to Top of Page

Frank
Kamaaina

993 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2019 :  17:35:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Frank

quote:

What a ditz. . .

Do you disagree? Would be happy to debate my statement on her.

I do...name calling is cheap and cowardly...

eta... ing

Edited by - Frank on 08/13/2019 17:37:24
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Punatalk © 2003 to 2014 Punaweb Go To Top Of Page