Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Punaweb Forums
 Farming and Gardening in Puna
 Premature fruit drop
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Please note: All postings, business listings and advertisements are made available here, without charge, as a public service by Punaweb. No recommendations or endorsements of any specific posting, business listing or advertisement are made or implied by Punaweb.

Author Topic  

Frankie Stapleton
Kamaaina

USA
584 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2017 :  21:53:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone experiencing premature dropping this season? My avocado's losing at least a dozen daily and my breadfruit too. Any ideas on preventing losing my whole crop? Thnx, Frankie

Durian Fiend
Da Kine

USA
188 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2017 :  13:30:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frankie Stapleton

Anyone experiencing premature dropping this season? My avocado's losing at least a dozen daily and my breadfruit too. Any ideas on preventing losing my whole crop? Thnx, Frankie

In Puna? Extreme weather conditions can cause this.
Go to Top of Page

dayna
Kamaaina

USA
907 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2017 :  13:50:07  Show Profile  Visit dayna's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a neighbor who said her breadfruit is also dropping, but mine is not. And we're only like maybe 25-50 foot elevation difference and probably no weather difference.

Dayna

www.E-Z-Caps.com
Go to Top of Page

hrooster
Da Kine

118 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2017 :  16:16:19  Show Profile  Visit hrooster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just noticed the same thing. I'm losing 10 to 15 avocados per day, but only from two of my four trees. We're not in Puna, but on the Hamakua Coast and we're at about 600 feet elevation. It's been quite dry

http://the-hroost.com
Go to Top of Page

dan d

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2017 :  10:02:17  Show Profile  Visit dan d's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The tree willdrop fruit if there is not enough nutrients. We spray Imo on the trees every
2-3 more and give them lots of organic material
Aloha

Dan D
HPP
Go to Top of Page

Susan
Da Kine

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2017 :  21:06:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IMO?
Go to Top of Page

SoCal_to_Hawaii
Da Kine

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2017 :  19:03:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Susan

IMO?

Indigenous Micro Organisms. I've only just heard of this, so dan d, can you explain further? I for one would love to hear from someone who is doing/using this.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Punatalk © 2003 to 2014 Punaweb Go To Top Of Page