Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Punaweb Forums
 Building in Puna
 c c and r's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Please note: All postings, business listings and advertisements are made available here, without charge, as a public service by Punaweb. No recommendations or endorsements of any specific posting, business listing or advertisement are made or implied by Punaweb.

Author Topic  

Tinkerdg

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2017 :  09:53:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am wondering about the legal powers of cc & r's. If someone has "snuck" in a structure that does not conform what can the community do about it? I found a place I'd like to buy but am worried about the consequences.

Dmg

Edited by - Tinkerdg on 06/28/2017 10:55:24

Tink
Punatic

USA
1388 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2017 :  13:58:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
May want to modify your name here, awfully close to mine. Back on subject, check what the CC&R's state in their binding contract. Hope you are not noticed. There is always a "Mrs Kravitz" in every neighborhood. Be aware of somebody barking at the board, then the dog catcher (County Code Enforcement), along with the the Building Department until they finally drive by out of curiosity if they know the barking dog to get it to shut up.

Community begins with Aloha
Go to Top of Page

leilaniguy
Punatic

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2017 :  14:31:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be easier to tell you if you'll have trouble if you mention which subdivision. Some subs have associations, but no ccr's.
Go to Top of Page

Vic
malihini

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2017 :  07:07:25  Show Profile  Visit Vic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How about Nanwale?

Cant wait to live in Puna!
Go to Top of Page

terracore
Punatic

4149 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2017 :  16:34:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You don't want to live in Nanawale.
Go to Top of Page

maud gonne
Da Kine

323 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2017 :  07:32:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Terracore: I live in Nanawale, and I would be interested in knowing why you said, "You don't want to live in Nanawale." Does it have to do with CC&Rs, or more generally - crime? or other problems?
Go to Top of Page

terracore
Punatic

4149 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2017 :  14:36:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine lived there, I won't repeat all of his Nanawale experiences here, mainly because I don't remember most of them, but none of them were pleasant. He lived near the Longhouse and had crack heads coming onto his property all the time. Ok, one experience: A neighbor of his went on vacation and when they came back, everything was gone including the appliances, plumbing fixtures, and the kitchen cabinets. They stripped the house down to a shell. I understand that's not the only time that's happened in Puna, but with all his crack head experiences, it made him decide to leave.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Punatalk © 2003 to 2014 Punaweb Go To Top Of Page