Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Punaweb Forums
 Building in Puna
 Package Homes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Please note: All postings, business listings and advertisements are made available here, without charge, as a public service by Punaweb. No recommendations or endorsements of any specific posting, business listing or advertisement are made or implied by Punaweb.

Author Topic  

Hunt Stoddard
Da Kine

360 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2017 :  22:33:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have opinions on the various home package offerings from HPM, Argus, Honsador, and whoever else does them?

I have noticed the Argus packages are cheaper but provide less than HPM. Basically they are house shells. You don't get drywall, exterior doors, flooring (other than plywood subfloor). And of course, no electrical, plumbing or fixtures.

Honsador seems to have a pretty polished selection, but I haven't had a chance to get a price list.

I'm planning on doing owner/builder and going with post and pier. One question I have in particular is how to get the trusses up. I'm assuming you have to hire a crane or something. Trusses for a 3br 2ba house must weigh a few hundred pounds each.

Mangosteen

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2017 :  07:49:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check out Castle Block package homes.

http://castleblock.com/Affordable_Housing/faq.html

No wood, no termites.

Love mine.
Go to Top of Page

Seeb
Punatic

1702 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2017 :  15:23:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HPM is pretty full service if youíre going frame. If you havenít set trusses get someone to do it for you - there are too many opportunities for disaster.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Punatalk © 2003 to 2014 Punaweb Go To Top Of Page