Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Punaweb Forums
 Farming and Gardening in Puna
 Centipede grass seed or better?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Please note: All postings, business listings and advertisements are made available here, without charge, as a public service by Punaweb. No recommendations or endorsements of any specific posting, business listing or advertisement are made or implied by Punaweb.

Author Topic  

randomq
Punatic

USA
1112 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  19:23:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got some gravel and cinder I'd like covered in grass. So far, I have several nice patches of centipede grass. Can anyone recommend where to get centipede grass seed affordably, or perhaps a better alternative? I like not having to mow...

Kenney
Punatic

USA
1220 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  18:32:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We filled the low spots and leveled our back yard with red cinder and spread Centepede grass seed and added a few bags of Ace garden soil on top. We got ours from Amazon. I think it was close to 40$, but it was cheaper than anywhere here. Itís doing well, but I wish I had spread more seed before weeds took over the bald spots. It is nice that it stays close to the ground and doesnít get tall. Once itís established, it is so dense, it doesnít allow weeds to grow.
Go to Top of Page

Chas
Da Kine

456 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  13:39:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you still have to mow this but not as often? Can you get away with not mowing at all?
Go to Top of Page

Kenney
Punatic

USA
1220 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  18:26:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the whole yard was centepede grass, I donít think weíd have to mow at all. It really hugs the ground .
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Punatalk © 2003 to 2014 Punaweb Go To Top Of Page