Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Punaweb Forums
 Building in Puna
 Moving a shed/tinyhome
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Please note: All postings, business listings and advertisements are made available here, without charge, as a public service by Punaweb. No recommendations or endorsements of any specific posting, business listing or advertisement are made or implied by Punaweb.

Author Topic  

ProjectDomecile

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2019 :  06:27:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've acquired a small (8' x 12') single-room storage shed/tinyhome that is currently sitting on a neighboring lot, approximately 900' from my own lot. Who can I contact, and how much should I expect to pay, to have it loaded onto a flatbed and driven the threeish blocks to the concrete pads I want it to live on?

lquade
Punatic

1041 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2019 :  08:31:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well a couple of choices. you could call conans or keaau services and they would bring a crane and a truck. or you could rent a flatbed trailer and do it yourself. my husband and i, did this a few years back with a shed a bit bigger than yours. we jacked it up until we could back the trailer under it and slowly went on our merry way. we went about a mile and chose a very quiet road day but would be significantly cheaper..
Go to Top of Page

My 2 cents
Kamaaina

654 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2019 :  19:05:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I needed some roofing material moved from one area of the property and hoisted onto the new perlins Puna Rentals sent a truck and driver. The truck was a flatbed with a crane mounted behind the cab. The driver hoisted the material onto the flatbed, drove it to the new building and hoisted it onto the roof perlins. It only took about an hour, minimum charge, like $200. This would be perfect for what you want to do. Did I hear somewhere that Puna Rentals went out of business or did I dream that? If they're gone you might try some roofing companies since they do this all the time.

You can minimize the cost by having everything ready when the truck gets there so that all he has to do is put his hook through a loop and take it where it has to go.
Go to Top of Page

ProjectDomecile

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  21:01:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wound up using Paul's Repair in Pahoa, for $250. It worked out great!
Go to Top of Page

terracore
Punatic

5357 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2019 :  15:20:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update! Can you tell us how they did it?
Go to Top of Page

ProjectDomecile

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2019 :  22:20:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They brought in a big tilting-flatbed tow truck. The shed was on skids, with holes drilled into the skids, so they just put the hooks into the holes and hoisted it up onto the flatbed while tilting said flatbed.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Punatalk © 2003 to 2014 Punaweb Go To Top Of Page