Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Punaweb Forums
 Building in Puna
 Building code and permit hanky panky
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Please note: All postings, business listings and advertisements are made available here, without charge, as a public service by Punaweb. No recommendations or endorsements of any specific posting, business listing or advertisement are made or implied by Punaweb.

Author Topic  

birdmove
Punatic

USA
1330 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2019 :  05:57:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

https://www.westhawaiitoday.com/2019/03/13/hawaii-news/official-charged-with-enforcing-building-codes-didnt-get-permits-for-residence/

Jon in Keaau/HPP

Seeb
Punatic

1949 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2019 :  07:48:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crooked to the bone - giving everyone else the death by a thousand cuts , but Woops forget to get a permit at all for his house.
Go to Top of Page

randomq
Punatic

USA
1452 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2019 :  08:17:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Show me the man and I'll show you the crime" - Beria, Stalin's Secret Police Chief

Do we want to live in a witch hunting nanny state where unelected officials tell us what we can't do in our own homes?
Go to Top of Page

Rob Tucker
Kama'aina

9698 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2019 :  08:31:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a new battle shaping up with Neil Erickson... I seem to be the only one willing to take him on.
Go to Top of Page

kalakoa
Motormouth

11674 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2019 :  11:20:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Neil Erickson

Isn't he the guy who owns that hostel downtown, the one that has no problem getting "as-built" alterations approved? For R-3 occupancy, no less.

http://qpublic9.qpublic.net/hi_hawaii_display.php?county=hi_hawaii&KEY=230090350000

It's like a block from that farmer's market that can't seem to achieve compliance.
Go to Top of Page

randomq
Punatic

USA
1452 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2019 :  16:39:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've seen Neil fight the "government employee" attitude and encourage inspectors to be friendly and helpful. He even gave a friend some tips on circumventing the bureaucracy. Hard to square that with some of the discussion here. Is he a good guy stuck in a bad situation, or doing something fundamentally wrong?

In any case, how much nicer if his inspectors just gave you a sheet of suggested safety improvements.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Punatalk © 2003 to 2014 Punaweb Go To Top Of Page