Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Punaweb Forums
 Punatalk
 Internet in Lower Puna
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Please note: All postings, business listings and advertisements are made available here, without charge, as a public service by Punaweb. No recommendations or endorsements of any specific posting, business listing or advertisement are made or implied by Punaweb.

Author Topic  

AlohaReeds

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2019 :  12:01:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read in a (bad) yelp review of Aloha Broadband that there is a company called BAMF which is offering wireless broadband in selected parts of Puna. Does anyone have any experience with BAMF?
Anyone using it? Reliability? Support??

Not loving my "24 hour" customer "support" experience OR my "service" from Aloha Broadband lately... (I think AB has a very different definition from the dictionary one of all of those terms - 24 hour; support, and service. grrrrr!!!)

knieft
Punatic

1005 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2019 :  12:27:04  Show Profile  Visit knieft's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lower Puna is a pretty broad slice, but since we lost our "unlimited" Exede during the recent festivities, we a AT&T hot spot thing. 50GB/month or 100GB/month if you get DirecTV.

Ends up being about $120/month for both.

I had to go to AT&T in Hilo to ask about it--couldn't find it online, cause it doesn't have a name really.

This is possible because AT&T installed a cellular on wheels (COW) on a property just south of the 130/Kamaili intersection that has visual from Kalapana to 4 corners (or used to). In any case, I understand that the COW may well become permanent.

Works very well with a three bar signal...

Cheers,
Kirt

edit, typo

Edited by - knieft on 08/15/2019 14:56:07
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Punatalk © 2003 to 2014 Punaweb Go To Top Of Page