Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Punaweb Forums
 Punatalk
 Solar Eclipse?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page

Please note: All postings, business listings and advertisements are made available here, without charge, as a public service by Punaweb. No recommendations or endorsements of any specific posting, business listing or advertisement are made or implied by Punaweb.

Author Topic
Page: of 2

TomK
Punatic

USA
6113 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2017 :  01:05:49  Show Profile  Visit TomK's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Math logic: 4-7+3=0

Language logic: if three people enter the room, how on earth can it be empty?

QM logic: did you influence the result by observing them enter the room?
Go to Top of Page

faroutsider
Da Kine

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2017 :  23:07:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On July 11, 1991 I was on Isla Isabella in Mexico. Looking at totality with binoculars is something I'll never forget, seeing the prominences and corona. Very surreal place to be for the "great eclipse ".
Go to Top of Page

randomq
Kamaaina

USA
715 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2017 :  06:41:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Four people are in a room and seven leave. How many have to enter again before it's empty?

Zero, it's already empty after the 4 people and 3 newborns left.
Go to Top of Page

ericlp
Punatic

China
2619 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2017 :  15:12:59  Show Profile  Visit ericlp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TomK

Math logic: 4-7+3=0

Language logic: if three people enter the room, how on earth can it be empty?

QM logic: did you influence the result by observing them enter the room?

Tom, not so fast, First I want to know how the 7 people left when only 4 were in there in the first place. :) Did you observe that before the 3 people entered? :D Maybe they left at the speed of light and went back in time into some other dimension before they re-entered the room.

Edited by - ericlp on 08/13/2017 15:13:54
Go to Top of Page

TomK
Punatic

USA
6113 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2017 :  01:00:05  Show Profile  Visit TomK's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If they left the room at the speed of light, they would have to be massless, just like photons, or, virtual pairs (see above and google vacuum energy), in which case you can get all sorts of results and can explain them by using both classical and quantum physics in combination despite the contradictions between both explanations. So that's my answer! ;)
Go to Top of Page

ElysianWort
Da Kine

USA
493 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2017 :  09:00:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol! Is the light from a partial eclipse entering that blasted room?Just a reminder: don't look at partial or full eclipses or nuclear blasts without the proper eye protection.
Go to Top of Page

HereOnThePrimalEdge
Punatic

South Sandwich Islands
4989 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2017 :  08:44:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received this from FedEx today. At first I thought it was sent from someone other than FedEx, but it's legit.

So hide the children! Say your prayers! Just like in the Middle Ages, horrifying, disastrous events may unfold during the eclipse next Monday. Your Amazon box might be delayed:

FedEx Service Alerts
Total Solar Eclipse 2017

Friday, August 18, 2017

FedEx is closely monitoring potential effects of the total solar eclipse on Monday, August 21, 2017. Our first priority is the safety and well-being of our team members, and we will implement contingency plans as necessary. Events of this nature often cause pickup and delivery delays and disruptions for FedEx customers. FedEx is prepared to provide service to the best of its ability.

(It's) what the existentialists called "awful freedom" the reinvention of irrationality by marginalized people, just in order to spite science. -Elif Batuman
Go to Top of Page

TomK
Punatic

USA
6113 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2017 :  22:17:19  Show Profile  Visit TomK's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Perhaps they're expecting their delivery drivers who happen to be under the eclipse path to stop and watch it. I know I would!
Go to Top of Page

Tink
Punatic

USA
1391 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2017 :  07:43:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You would not believe all the talk about "calling in sick" so they can go to an eclipse party.

Community begins with Aloha
Go to Top of Page

HereOnThePrimalEdge
Punatic

South Sandwich Islands
4989 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2017 :  08:53:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
expecting their delivery drivers who happen to be under the eclipse path to stop and watch it. I know I would!

You might be on to something Tom. FedEx's main hub is Memphis, which while not in the path of totality, is pretty close. I'd like to think they'll shut down the loading & sorting operation for 15 minutes or so and allow their workers an outdoor break, with eclipse glasses, to take in a rare event.

(It's) what the existentialists called "awful freedom" the reinvention of irrationality by marginalized people, just in order to spite science. -Elif Batuman
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Punatalk © 2003 to 2014 Punaweb Go To Top Of Page