Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Punaweb Forums
 Puna Politics
 Tulsi Gabbard Endorses Bernie Sanders
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page

Please note: All postings, business listings and advertisements are made available here, without charge, as a public service by Punaweb. No recommendations or endorsements of any specific posting, business listing or advertisement are made or implied by Punaweb.

Author Topic
Page: of 4

HereOnThePrimalEdge
Punatic

South Sandwich Islands
4445 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2017 :  14:11:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nuttier than the current head nut.

There's a great episode of BBC's The Thick Of It with a similar plot. It's called appropriately enough, The Rise Of The Nutters.

“Reality is what we take to be true. What we take to be true is what we believe… What we believe determines what we take to be true.” -David Bohm
Go to Top of Page

glassnumbers
Da Kine

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2017 :  04:50:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gypsy69

Leilanidude, Good morning to you.

Did you happen to watch the Big Island video I posted with Hawaii's own Doug Chin explaining his version of the travel ban's importance and possible implications it could have to Hawaii?
Mr Chin stated that this proposed travel ban was just the beginning and that (other countries) could easily be added to the ban in the coming years. Here is the link again.

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2017/04/07/video-taking-on-trump-ag-chin-gets-standing-ovation-in-waimea/

P.S. Leilanidude, Over 20% of the population in the state of Hawaii may not be legal U.S.A citizens.

PaulW, Very interesting point you made regarding the possible future 2020 support from the extreme right for Hawaii's Tulsi Gabbard. Some believe president Trump's election this year was also helped or influenced late by Russia.

Tulsi Gabbard brought up some good points about taking some time to properly investigate the claims made, Who was behind it and what possible chemicals were used in the attack in Syria. She did not want to see a repeat of what happened to start the war in Iraq when claims of mass weapons of destruction were used to validate that war.

I have a few friends in the National Guard here in Hawaii and they think this could be the beginning of a large "staged war", possibly involving Russia. This does Make some sense if Russia's influence was behind these chemical attacks in Syria and the possible late rigging of our new president MR Trump. North Korea could be paying very close attention to these new developments as well. Meanwhile our president MR Trump is also wanting to shake hands and k--- A-- with the president of China.jmo's

Oh yeah? well I have a few friends in the White House, and you know what my mysterious unnamed sources say? That your mysterious unnamed sources are completely wrong, and my mysterious source is higher up in in the chain, so I win. To be more serious russia and china and north korea and syria and iraq don't have a single damn thing to do with Hawai'i. Rob said keep it local. Why is that so hard for you? It's a pretty simple request.

Edited by - glassnumbers on 04/18/2017 04:52:28
Go to Top of Page

gypsy69
Punatic

USA
1851 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2017 :  10:15:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hawaii, North Korea Nuke concerns were recently expressed to the many friends of Glassnumbers.

This may be worth reading for some here.

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2017/04/17/video-hawaii-north-korea-nuke-concerns-expressed-to-white-house/

Very impressed again with our Kupuna, Mrs Mimosa picked out this class clown known as glassnumbers immediately. jmo
Go to Top of Page

kalakoa
Punatic

8610 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2017 :  11:29:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of the language in SCR169 is Oahu-centric, and suggests a "modernization" of the State disaster preparedness plan before the Regular Session convenes in 2018.

While it's nice that they're thinking about this, it's also ... a little slow.

Which is fine, as long as NK (or others) develop their nukes more slowly than the State can come up with a plan.

Go to Top of Page

Chunkster
Punatic

1224 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2017 :  13:25:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Which is fine, as long as NK (or others) develop their nukes more slowly than the State can come up with a plan."

Does anybody do anything as slowly as the State of Hawaii does things? I sorta doubt it, but suppose it might be possible if someone made a great effort.
Go to Top of Page

glassnumbers
Da Kine

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  04:51:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gypsy69

Hawaii, North Korea Nuke concerns were recently expressed to the many friends of Glassnumbers.

This may be worth reading for some here.

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2017/04/17/video-hawaii-north-korea-nuke-concerns-expressed-to-white-house/

Very impressed again with our Kupuna, Mrs Mimosa picked out this class clown known as Gypsy69 immediately. jmo

Thank you for speaking the truth, since you're the one who helps to block progress and then complains about the lack of opportunities for his own kids, so I'm glad you admit that you're a clown. Another clown thing you do, you block progress, and then get all worried about the lack of preparedness Hawai'i has if North Korea were to nuke Hawai'i. Do you know the amount of building and infrastructure it would take to survive a nuclear attack on an island? It would make TMT look like a walk through the park. So you really have no leg to stand on even talking about this, because you would block all the construction needed to prepare Hawai'i against a nuclear attack to begin with.

Edited by - glassnumbers on 04/19/2017 04:54:47
Go to Top of Page

kalakoa
Punatic

8610 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  07:45:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
block progress and then complains about the lack of opportunities for his own kids

While this is a fair assessment, it's not exactly fair to attribute the anti-progress to a single pseudonymous individual.

Anti-progress is simply a way of life, here.
Go to Top of Page

HereOnThePrimalEdge
Punatic

South Sandwich Islands
4445 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  15:56:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anti-progress is simply a way of life, here.

I can accept, even appreciate an honest Luddite variety of Pro-tector who promotes a simpler, anachronistic way of life, and makes his/her best attempt in living it as a personal lifestyle choice.

It's the hypocritical "Anti-tectors"(tm) who go on my nerves when they demand the TMT follow rules they themselves ignore on a regular basis.

On the #64257;fth day - the scientists who studied the rivers - were forbidden to speak - or to study the rivers. -Jane Hirshfield's poem on creation
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Punatalk © 2003 to 2014 Punaweb Go To Top Of Page