Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Punaweb Forums
 Punatalk
 Mauna Kea Access Rd & Summit Open
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page

Please note: All postings, business listings and advertisements are made available here, without charge, as a public service by Punaweb. No recommendations or endorsements of any specific posting, business listing or advertisement are made or implied by Punaweb.

Author Topic
Page: of 4

hokuili
malihini

88 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2020 :  18:19:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This has got to be the most corrupt county in the USA.

Going for standup again 007? I don't know, you do have a reasonable delivery, but the content is a bit shy of the mark. Have you seen some of those gerrymandered districts back east?

Whereas, there are others that while not being near as risque sure are a constant fount of comedic inspiration. But hey, 'most corrupt county in the USA' does have a certain catchiness to it.. I'll give ya that.
Go to Top of Page

TomK
Punatic

USA
8695 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2020 :  20:41:45  Show Profile  Visit TomK's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"I saw one weather report which noted Saddle Road received 30 inches of rain. Does anyone know if it was that much at the Mauna Kea Access Road intersection?"

The Saddle Road was (is?) closed between the 11 and 18-mile marker so suspect that's where the heaviest rain was. Given the topography and the way rain usually falls in that area, I would be surprised if the intersection received anything like that amount of rain. The intersection is just before the 28-mile marker.
Go to Top of Page

ironyak
Punatic

USA
3114 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2020 :  10:32:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had the experience of driving over Saddle on Saturday night. While the rain started at Waikoloa and was moderate at the Access Rd (it seemed someone was still manning the fort as there were lights on under one of the tarps), the rain was seriously intense on the downslope back into Hilo. Only about 20 ft of visibility just from the sheer density of rain and major runoffs along the sides which crossed over the roadway where the road banks carrying with it some rocks and debris. Managed to take it slow and got through it about 30 minutes before CD announced the road was closed.

Who needs amusement parks here when such white-knuckle rides are free and readily available?
Go to Top of Page

Lanipuna_Gardens

18 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2020 :  05:13:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hokuili

This has got to be the most corrupt county in the USA.

Going for standup again 007? I don't know, you do have a reasonable delivery, but the content is a bit shy of the mark. Have you seen some of those gerrymandered districts back east?

Whereas, there are others that while not being near as risque sure are a constant fount of comedic inspiration. But hey, 'most corrupt county in the USA' does have a certain catchiness to it.. I'll give ya that.

You are either too new of an arrival to see it or are a local in denial but either way, Hawaii County & Hawaii at Large is more corrupt than most Countries, let alone US Counties.
Go to Top of Page

benny
malihini

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2020 :  11:54:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure the most corrupt county in the USA is either in Arkansas or Texas - and possibly one also needs to consider Cook County, IL, although they are corrupt in a more organized kine way. Stuff still gets done.

I would really like to see Hawaii County on Live PD, however. Surely Hawaii County makes the top 10.

Benny
Go to Top of Page

Chunkster
Punatic

2129 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2020 :  15:23:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Benny, don't forget New Jersey and Louisiana. Hawaii County will have to get in line behind Oahu/Honolulu for any real attention from the Feds, but I'm sure there is some good material for them right here. And they probably wouldn't have to dig too deep for it either.
Go to Top of Page

randomq
Punatic

USA
1934 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2020 :  09:28:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It probably just seems worse here because it's so obvious.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Punatalk © 2003 to 2014 Punaweb Go To Top Of Page