Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Punaweb Forums
 Puna Politics
 Tulsi for President
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page

Please note: All postings, business listings and advertisements are made available here, without charge, as a public service by Punaweb. No recommendations or endorsements of any specific posting, business listing or advertisement are made or implied by Punaweb.

Author Topic
Page: of 8

HereOnThePrimalEdge
Punatic

South Sandwich Islands
8167 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2019 :  18:49:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tulsi is the first guest interview on Real Time With Bill Maher tonight. It’s on HBO, so they’ll replay the episode throughout the week.

Make America Normal Again (or at least slightly more normal)
Go to Top of Page

TomK
Punatic

USA
8398 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2019 :  20:36:36  Show Profile  Visit TomK's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HOTPE and others - the interview is already available online:

https://youtu.be/IwlB8udp0bs
Go to Top of Page

BillyB
Da Kine

234 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2019 :  09:26:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(Originally posted by KeaauRich

Tulsi lost me just minutes into the debate. The question was "What would you do to ensure that women are paid fairly in this country?"

To which I would ask "Uh, Tulsi, did you even listen to the question?" )

The question should have been " Do you prefer butter or margarine when baking cookies" Low brow questions by moderators meant to patronize peripheral candidates should be ignored.

She should have said "thank you for your inane question, now let me respond to a question that is worth answering", and then give her answer.

Edited by - BillyB on 06/29/2019 09:29:46
Go to Top of Page

Kaimana
Da Kine

305 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2019 :  19:19:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KeaauRich

Tulsi lost me just minutes into the debate. The question was "What would you do to ensure that women are paid fairly in this country?" Tulsi answered "First of all, let’s recognize the situation we’re in, that the American people deserve a president who will put your interests ahead of the rich and powerful. That’s not what we have right now.

I enlisted in the Army National Guard after the Al Qaida terror attacks on 9/11 so I could go after those who had attacked us on that day. I still serve as a major. I served over 16 years, deployed twice to the Middle East, and in Congress served on the Foreign Affairs and Armed Services Affairs for over six years.

I know the importance of our national security, as well as the terribly high cost of war. And for too long, our leaders have failed us, taking us from one regime change war to the next, leading us into a new cold war and arms race, costing us trillions of our hard-earned taxpayer dollars and countless lives.

This insanity must end. As president, I will take your hard-earned taxpayer dollars and instead invest those dollars into serving your needs, things like health care, a green economy, good-paying jobs, protecting our environment, and so much more."

To which I would ask "Uh, Tulsi, did you even listen to the question?"

IMO she took a logical approach to getting her message out. She's relatively unknown to the masses and her main strength and focus is foreign policy, so she took the first question to make sure to get that point out. With the way they were ignoring the less popular candidates, she may have not had the opportunity to answer anything on foreign policy.

Really they should give each candidate 30 seconds or so to start the debate with what they are running on.
Go to Top of Page

Old Croc
Da Kine

198 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2019 :  13:10:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A tribute to America:
“I think it dishonors our troops, dishonors our service members and veterans.”
Way to go, Tulsi.

Go to Top of Page

HereOnThePrimalEdge
Punatic

South Sandwich Islands
8167 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2019 :  10:06:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tulsi had her Google ad account suspended for a few hours on June 28th. She's filed a lawsuit:

The lawsuit also says Google disadvantages Gabbard by “manipulating Gmail Spam algorithms to target communications from Tulsi,” resulting in email from her going to spam folders at a disproportionately high rate. The suit doesn’t cite data or other evidence for the claim.*
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/democrat-tulsi-gabbard-sues-google-over-suspension-ad-account-n1034671

* Because as we've seen recently, data and other evidence isn't true if it doesn't support your cause
Go to Top of Page

kalakoa
Motormouth

12276 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2019 :  12:11:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Google disadvantages Gabbard

That's just Google practicing their traditional cultural and religious rights.

Perhaps the Council could pass a (non-binding) moratorium.
Go to Top of Page

riversnout
Da Kine

209 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2019 :  10:09:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

Tulsi had her Google ad account suspended for a few hours on June 28th. She's filed a lawsuit:

Why do you focus on the LEAST of the issues? How about the main point?

"Gabbard campaign workers sent an email to a Google representative on June 27 at 9:30 p.m. once they realized the account had been suspended. In emails reviewed by The New York Times, the campaign sent Google a screenshot of a notice of suspension for “problems with billing information or violations of our advertising policies.”

The account was reactivated at 3:30 a.m. on June 28. In the email announcing that it had reinstated the account, Google wrote that the company temporarily suspended the campaign’s account to verify billing information and policy compliance, but offered no other explanation for what had happened.

The campaign said it had opened the Google advertising account in February and had bought ads on Google search before the suspension. It said there was no problem with its billing information and that it had not violated Google’s terms of service.

“To this day, Google has not provided a straight answer — let alone a credible one — as to why Tulsi’s political speech was silenced when millions of people wanted to hear from her,” the lawsuit said."

This was the critical 6 hours after the debate when she was the most searched for candidate.
Go to Top of Page

Frank
Kamaaina

936 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2019 :  13:13:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tulsi signed on to co-sponsor H.R.24 The Federal Reserve Transparency Act 2019...Great Idea IMO...Presidential in fact

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-25/presidential-candidate-tulsi-gabbard-co-sponsors-audit-fed-bill
Go to Top of Page

BillyB
Da Kine

234 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2019 :  09:27:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who needs the Russians when we have Google.
Go to Top of Page

Old Croc
Da Kine

198 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2019 :  13:07:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"This current president is continuing to betray us. We were supposed to be going after al-Qaida, but over years now, not only have we not gone after al-Qaida ... our president is supporting al-Qaida." —Rep. Tulsi Gabbard
I can't find on the Internet how Trump is supporting al-Qaida.

Go to Top of Page

riversnout
Da Kine

209 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2019 :  15:06:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Old Croc

I can't find on the Internet how Trump is supporting al-Qaida.

You must not be looking very hard.

"Saudi Arabia and its coalition partners have transferred American-made weapons to al Qaeda-linked fighters, hardline Salafi militias, and other factions"
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019/02/middleeast/yemen-lost-us-arms/

"Why continue the disastrous policy of backing al-Qaeda and other extremists in hope of overthrowing Assad?"
https://www.antiwar.com/blog/2019/06/03/by-backing-al-qaeda-trump-continues-obamas-horrible-syria-policy/

Tulsi is raising valid concerns about one nation using force against another. Now, when will she discuss the illegal overthrow of the Hawaiian Kingdom by the US? What's that you say, don't hold your breath? No ****.

Edited by - riversnout on 08/01/2019 20:39:23
Go to Top of Page

Rob Tucker
Kama'aina

9817 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2019 :  15:17:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keep it Tulsi and Hawaii folks.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Go to Top of Page

Frank
Kamaaina

936 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2019 :  17:10:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is Sweet!...In the midst of the craziness, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard made a legitimate point..tagline from

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/08/05/tulsi-gabbard-kamala-harris-democrats-campaign-2020-primary-debates-column/1916454001/
Go to Top of Page

Frank
Kamaaina

936 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2019 :  08:03:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just in case your interested or missed it, Rolling Stone mag. podcast with Tulsi...https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/podcast-tulsi-gabbard-kamala-harris-syria-iraq-870003/

Tulsi is for real...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Punatalk © 2003 to 2014 Punaweb Go To Top Of Page