Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
Show me your papers!!
@Obie a lot of different things could be inferred from that. I wonder if it's the visitor vaccination policy, people putting off elective procedures, or something else?

Anyway, the Earth is flat, we never landed on the moon, and Ige is Hitler. Covid is a conspiracy to kill off the Hawaii Tea Party and it might just work, etc... %}
As can be inferred from what Obie says, HMC has significantly restricted visitation. As per this link:

https://www.hilomedicalcenter.org/hospit...st-4-2021/

In summary, only one visitor per patient per day, and all visitors must show proof of vaccination to gain entry. Unvaccinated persons who attempt to visit are being offered shots more or less on the spot. That policy would probably thin the visitor parking lot considerably.
(08-12-2021, 09:45 PM)Carey Wrote: As for N95s, anyone who actually KNOWS anything would call them the OSHA designation of ʻrespiratorʻ & some work areas actually regulate for OR AGAINST the wearing of any respirator, as there is OSHA mandated training that any business that REQUIRES respirators for their staff must provide.

& some idiotic folks think that wearing a vented respirator is OK, & cannot understand why their vented N95s are not allowed many stores & business....
They are vented & offer absolutely no filtration for the products & workers in the business!!

Nobody mentioned vented masks but thanks for bringing them up.

Jargon aside, N95 was the recommended mask standard at the beginning of corona until the supply line encountered issues.  Now that manufacturing has caught up, N95 should be the requirement for masks.
(08-16-2021, 02:32 AM)randomq Wrote: @Obie a lot of different things could be inferred from that. I wonder if it's the visitor vaccination policy, people putting off elective procedures, or something else?

Anyway, the Earth is flat, we never landed on the moon, and Ige is Hitler. Covid is a conspiracy to kill off the Hawaii Tea Party and it might just work, etc... %}

(08-16-2021, 02:44 AM)ChunksterK Wrote: As can be inferred from what Obie says, HMC has significantly restricted visitation.  As per this link:

https://www.hilomedicalcenter.org/hospit...st-4-2021/

In summary, only one visitor per patient per day, and all visitors must show proof of vaccination to gain entry.  Unvaccinated persons who attempt to visit are being offered shots more or less on the spot.  That policy would probably thin the visitor parking lot considerably.

My wife spent 2 months in HMC and my observation of numbers of visitors based on that. Thanks ChunksterK for posting that link.
Thanks. Kinda scary if that many people are not vaccinated that it makes such a difference.

BTW the Earth is Flat rant was just me venting, not directed at you, sorry I didn't make that clear. I appreciate your observations.
It was a perfectly reasonable rant, randomq. As far as I'm concerned, the anti-vaxxers are demonstrating the same kind of logic as flat-earthers or moon-landing conspiracy believers.

(08-15-2021, 10:51 PM)AaronM Wrote: Show me your papers!!

That is in extremely poor taste. It's perfectly reasonable that a medical facility wants to minimize its patients and staff's exposure to Covid.

Second generation Honolulu Fire Dept. Captain Kaimi Pelekai regarding mandate…

https://youtu.be/R7Dnju9L6ns
(08-16-2021, 06:21 PM)Ben Dover Wrote:
Second generation Honolulu Fire Dept. Captain Kaimi Pelekai regarding mandate…

https://youtu.be/R7Dnju9L6ns

What? What do you think watching a grown man consumed in unfounded fear spread by ideological bigots (the GOP) is suppose to get us, other than to feel sad for the guy 'cause he knows no better than listen to those jackasses?

Enough already. This is absurd. Either get vaccinated or drag all of us into the dark ages. 

There are only two path ahead of us. A full on vaccine mandate or a full on shut down. We either honor those that are vaccinated or those that are afraid of them. Either or. No middle ground.
(08-16-2021, 07:04 PM)MyManao Wrote: Enough already. This is absurd. Either get vaccinated or drag all of us into the dark ages. 

There are only two path ahead of us. A full on vaccine mandate or a full on shut down. We either honor those that are vaccinated or those that are afraid of them. Either or. No middle ground.
No. We will not comply.