Punaweb Forum
HPP road maintainence - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: HPP road maintainence (/showthread.php?tid=17721)

HPP road maintainence - macuu222 - 10-13-2016

Anyone know why I haven't seen a road grader or grass trimmer on our side street for the past year? Our street is riddled with pot holes and the grass along the roadway is so thick it's covering part of the roadway. I noticed many other side streets are just as bad.

RE: HPP road maintainence - Chunkster - 10-13-2016

They've been too busy pushing a questionable chip seal "paving" effort and fending off lawsuits and arbitrators to bother with fixing your road.

RE: HPP road maintainence - alaskyn66 - 10-13-2016

How nice to know that your maintenance fees go to lawyers and not actuall maintenance.

RE: HPP road maintainence - shockwave rider - 10-13-2016

All work is strictly complaint driven now according to the office. They also have a handout with all the places they spend the money listed available in the office. Some work is now contracted out too.

RE: HPP road maintainence - TomK - 10-13-2016

macuu222 - my experience reflects SR's post. You have to let them know of a problem and then they will fix it, usually fairly quickly.

RE: HPP road maintainence - macuu222 - 10-13-2016

Interesting...We went into the office about a year ago and filled out a form to fix an erosion problem on our road. We're on one of the dead end roads that have very few homes on it. A year later....the erosion is worse and still no fix. Guess its time to fill out another form since there is no more scheduled road maintainence

macuu222 - it's actually my neighbor who seems to get things done, and she's done it via phone as well as visiting the office. Her tips are:

1) Be nice;

2) Ask to speak to the maintenance crew supervisor. If that can't be done, ask for the name of the person on the phone, ask them to give the supervisor a message and get the supervisor to call back;

3) Emphasize a liability or safety issue. That last step is important.

It seems to work.

RE: HPP road maintainence - kalakoa - 10-13-2016

How nice to know that your maintenance fees go to lawyers and not actuall maintenance.

Hawaiian Acres' "go fix it yourself" is looking better all the time.

RE: HPP road maintainence - mermaid53 - 10-13-2016

Chunkster and shockwave rider's posts combined are accurate as you can get. Road maintenance $ diverted to chip seal which was reported on HPP biz thread several months ago. The evidence becomes more evident as time goes on. I've never seen potholes as deep and as prevalent on our roads since I've lived here. Because they've neglected these things so long, it'll take a long time to get caught up, if they ever do.

When the GM does his report at board meetings he doesn't state the locations the work is being done at. No checks and balances.

We recently hired 2 new road crew and we subbed out the main drag easement maintenance approx a year ago. It was a 6 month agreement, don't know if an actual contract was done. It got renewed recently. They forgot to include doing vertical maintenance as well. Lots of low overhanging trees and bushes in the lane of traffic sideswiping vehicles.

The newly elected board member that was looking into getting the easement and road maintenance caught up and getting the GM to give attention to line of sight issues, recently resigned. The new Treasurer also recently resigned. The previous Pres resigned at the last board meeting. So lots of other stuff going on to distract them from road and easement maintenance.

I put in my order for easement and road maintenance back in March. Nothing yet.

It's been my experience that talking "liability" to the majority board doesn't do any good. The road striping and reflectors haven't improved in 2 years since storm Iselle. And this is a project that would serve the whole association well in making HPP a safer place.

Macuu222 - if you try my suggestion, please report your success or lack of it before this turns into another HPP flame fest. Ta!