Punaweb Forum
Attention!!! - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Attention!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9528)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Attention!!! - uneedawish - 11-28-2011

THIS IS A MESSAGE FROM OUR U.S. GOVERNMENT:

"Due to recent budget cuts,the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off".

OCCUPY WITH ALOHA, OCCUPY FOR OUR CHILDREN'S FUTURE!

RE: Attention!!! - pslamont - 11-28-2011

It's okay. Punawebbers are such wonderful people that when we gather, the light shines on from our hearts. Like a family, we scuffle amongst ourselves when there is nothing that needs our attention but when something from outside threatens, we become a family again. Together we can light up our world.....

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

RE: Attention!!! - rusty h - 11-28-2011

well said pslamont. peace

RE: Attention!!! - DanielP - 11-29-2011

uneedawish,

Just my 2 cents; When you post I think that you should use something about the topic such as "occupy with Aloha" rather than "Attention". It seems a bit manipulative.

Dan

RE: Attention!!! - uneedawish - 11-29-2011

quote:
Originally posted by DanielP

uneedawish,

Just my 2 cents; When you post I think that you should use something about the topic such as "occupy with Aloha" rather than "Attention". It seems a bit manipulative.

Dan

ATTENTION, ATTENTION, ATTENTION!!!!!
Just my 2 cents Dan, I will title my post the way I want, you title yours the way you want.
Everyone needs to wake-up! We and our children are living through the GREAT RECESSION. Those in Washington D.C and on Wallstreet want us to believe this is just another downturn in our economy. It isn't!
Dan, hold on to your own 2 cents, you may need it.
OCCUPY WITH ALOHA, FOR NOW. OCCUPY FOR OUR CHILDREN!

RE: Attention!!! - MarkP - 11-29-2011

Title your posts as you wish of course, but I feel as Dan does.

quote:
Originally posted by MarkP

Title your posts as you wish of course, but I feel as Dan does.

Hold on to your 2 cents too MarkP.

RE: Attention!!! - the hare - 11-29-2011

I'll thrown in at least a nickel, and agree with Mark etc

RE: Attention!!! - missydog1 - 11-29-2011

I am for protest in this matter, but if the summoning voice is strident and then dismissive of people's input, that doesn't draw me in.

I'd like to see an intelligent discussion of how best to work towards real change. I do believe that expressing our refusal to elect those who work for the few and not the many has potential as a fIrst step.

But when you tell everyone to wake up, you insult those who are already alert by implying complacency and ignorance in all of us.

More rational discourse, less trumpeting?

"And I'm sure it wouldn't interest anybody, outside of a small circle of friends ~ Phil Ochs

It sounds like you people live in a bubble! What will it take for our U.S. citizens to realize how other folks are suffering in this economy? I guess you all have what you need in life and be damned the rest of the Hawaii and the mainland.
Instead of the word "ATTENTION" which scares you all so much. How about
UNEMPLOYED, DEPRESSION, STARVING CHILDREN, HOMELESSNESS, or A NEW REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT IN 2012? Is that too scarey also?
Sorry for using the word "ATTENTION". Sorry for putting MY 2 or 5 cents in. NOT!!!!
Wake up people, if we don't get angry now, then when? Pop that bubble you all live in. Wake up!!!!!!!!!
OCCUPY YOUR BRAINS, SAVE OUR CHILDREN, NOT JUST YOUR OWN. WE LIVE IN THE "GREAT RECESSION". DEAL WITH REALITY. GOD HELP US.