Punaweb Forum
Wuhan Corona Virus Coming Soon? (Now Here) - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Wuhan Corona Virus Coming Soon? (Now Here) (/showthread.php?tid=21469)

RE: Wuhan Corona Virus Coming Soon? (Now Here) - Guest - 03-29-2020

For those grabbling with visions of how we return to normal...

From: https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2020/03/coronavirus-social-distancing-over-back-to-normal/608752/

The Four Possible Timelines for Life Returning to Normal

Which in part reads..

The new coronavirus has brought American life to a near standstill, closing businesses, canceling large gatherings, and keeping people at home. All of those people must surely be wondering: When will things return to normal?

The answer is simple, if not exactly satisfying: when enough of the population—possibly 60 or 80 percent of people—is resistant to COVID-19 to stifle the disease’s spread from person to person. That is the end goal, although no one knows exactly how long it will take to get there.

There are two realistic paths to achieving this “population-level immunity.” One is the development of a vaccine. The other is for the disease to work its way through the population, surely killing many, but also leaving many others—those who contract the disease and then recover—immune...

RE: Wuhan Corona Virus Coming Soon? (Now Here) - ironyak - 03-29-2020

Rob Tucker - My God, boredom must have really set in with you folks...

Not sure who exactly you're talking to Rob, nor what exactly you mean. If you mean some of us are using our rainy day time reading and sharing the local and world news, then sure. Aren't you?

If you're commenting on the argumentative tone, then perhaps you haven't been paying attention to the nay-saying dismissals from some about how everyone else is a doomer and they are entitled to go out to eat whenever they feel like, damn the torpedoes and consequences. Saying that the whole thing is overblown and will be back to normal very soon as countries around the world go into lockdown and thousands of people die everyday without any end in sight. Some of us might not have to speak so loudly if others would take their fingers out of their ears, especially while offering bad and potentially dangerous advice.

Or perhaps you mean something else... Be interested in what that might be. (thanks as always for sharing your sandbox - the relaxing of the normal rules allows for wider range discussions which are important in seeing what is likely on our horizon)

RE: Wuhan Corona Virus Coming Soon? (Now Here) - PaulW - 03-29-2020

ironyak, perhaps a good idea to calm down with your predictions of civil war and global war, it's not helping.
The Spanish Flu infected hundreds of millions and killed tens of millions. It was largely forgotten within a few years.

As for quoting psychics, please tell me you're joking.

ETA: Stay home! Wash your hands! How bad this gets depends on all of us.

RE: Wuhan Corona Virus Coming Soon? (Now Here) - Chunkster - 03-29-2020

Of course everybody's bored, including me. I even commented on one of those "we're all Bozos on this bus" HPP threads last night. You know, that place where everyone is wrong and nobody gives anybody else the benefit of the doubt. I've also started washing dishes to pass the time, which provoked Frau Chunkster to call her Mutti in Braunschweig to tell her it was the final sign the world was about to end. Und Mutti sagt, "Ich werde es glauben wenn ich video sehen." And so it goes.

RE: Wuhan Corona Virus Coming Soon? (Now Here) - ironyak - 03-29-2020

PaulW - ironyak, perhaps a good idea to calm down with your predictions of civil war and global war, it's not helping.

So the governor of New York talks of civil war and now it's my prediction? As for WW3, again, if you're not seeing this being discussed then you're not paying attention. Not acknowledging reality is a poor mechanism for addressing it.

The Spanish Flu infected hundreds of millions and killed tens of millions. It was largely forgotten within a few years.

How's that approach serving us now? Do I need to point out that many have said the collective trauma experienced during this time may be a large part of why no one wanted to talk about or acknowledge this event for decades? As if having millions of people die around them could have been no big deal for those that survived. SMDH

As for quoting psychics, please tell me you're joking.
You're the one that said there were not end-of-world predictions for 2020 - I just pointed out one of the most obvious, well published counter-points to this assumption. Although yes, it's still not the end of the world (nothing ever has been).

Again, it should be clear you don't know what you want to think you know. Ironically you're currently using the most productive tool ever invented to change this condition - maybe take better advantage of it?

Going to go put the dishes on the lanai and let (rain) God(s) sort them out Wink

RE: Wuhan Corona Virus Coming Soon? (Now Here) - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 03-29-2020

"Ich werde es glauben wenn ich video sehen."

Thank God for Facetime, Skype, and Zoom!

RE: Wuhan Corona Virus Coming Soon? (Now Here) - kander - 03-29-2020

So it seems that the bet is hedged on Malaria Drug to provide rapid recovery.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/france-officially-sanctions-drug-after-78-of-80-patients-recover-from-covid-19-within-five-days

RE: Wuhan Corona Virus Coming Soon? (Now Here) - Guest - 03-29-2020

I find the juxtaposition between it was largely forgotten within a few years and what we have to go through now unsettling.

Maybe not so much us personally, safely in our homes, with social distancing and other measures already in place. But even in our homes, safe, we are still to be witnesses to a moment of global suffering on a scale far beyond anything I am emotionally prepared for.

This is monumental, biblical, in its proportions. I have a hard time imagining things returning to 'normal' anytime soon.

RE: Wuhan Corona Virus Coming Soon? (Now Here) - Wao nahele wahine - 03-29-2020

Now's the time then for you to start preparing yourself from the comfort of your home. Some of us are far away from home as essential workers, and don't know if we can get back home. Stay informed, but also take breaks from it all.

Wahine

RE: Wuhan Corona Virus Coming Soon? (Now Here) - sistersue - 03-29-2020

An interesting tidbit of info: The Spanish flu had no Azithromycin or any other antibiotics, and no ventilators.