Punaweb Forum
if you bought a house in Puna in the last 5 years - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: if you bought a house in Puna in the last 5 years (/showthread.php?tid=5020)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: if you bought a house in Puna in the last 5 years - oink - 01-21-2009

John should be able to take care of himself.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

RE: if you bought a house in Puna in the last 5 years - StillHope - 01-21-2009

It's a little bit strange-radioguy started what seems to be the important topic to him and never responded.
(Well,may be he has another name...)

RE: if you bought a house in Puna in the last 5 years - missydog1 - 01-21-2009

John can take of himself, but I'm trying to take of myself.
This constant badgering is driving me nuts! [:p]

RE: if you bought a house in Puna in the last 5 years - hikatz - 01-21-2009

Why should radioguy respond, he asked for help and advice, and received a lot of negative put downs. I agree with Kathy's statement, you don't know the circumstances, problems people are going through. Punaweb at times, can be harsh to people who are going through difficult times.

RE: if you bought a house in Puna in the last 5 years - John S. Rabi - 01-21-2009

Kathy, bystander has been badgering me here for forever. It didn't matter if the market was going up or going down. I never paid too much attention to it. Jealousy and frustration brings out the worst from people.

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, GM,ARB,BFT,CM,CBR,FHS,PB,RB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"

RE: if you bought a house in Puna in the last 5 years - oink - 01-21-2009

When I was "badgering" him previously, it was because I felt he had repeatedly slandered an organization of which I'm a proud member, along with fellow members of his local board. After repeated prodding, he failed to explain his anger/distate/hate for the organization in any verifiable manner. Rather than explain his "slander," he allowed you to come to his defense.

bystander has a valid point to a degree. John clearly did beat the drum for continued real estate value growth when signs were indicating otherwise. I don't fault him for his mistake like bystander does, but it was a mistake. I am guilty of the same mistake but to a lesser degree. I don't think John "maliciously defrauded" anyone. But he was wrong. And like Bush, who I voted for twice, and would like to have heard him actually state that our reasons for invading Iraq were wrong, although a moral case could be easily made for an invasion without the flawed WOMD intel. John, like Bush, simply needs to admit they were wrong. There is little shame in being wrong if it was for honest reasons and was unintentional.

ps: I don't think Realtors, as Realtors, had any effect on causing the bubble, they were just caught up in it. Some Realtors did influence the bubble when they themselves became speculators in the market.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

RE: if you bought a house in Puna in the last 5 years - StillHope - 01-21-2009

quote:
Originally posted by hikatz

Why should radioguy respond, he asked for help and advice, and received a lot of negative put downs. I agree with Kathy's statement, you don't know the circumstances, problems people are going through. Punaweb at times, can be harsh to people who are going through difficult times.

That's exactly what I said at the very beginning of this thread.If a person asks for an advice in the difficult times,giving
him a lecture ...

But there was some helpful advice,which has been drowned in the personal squabbles..

RE: if you bought a house in Puna in the last 5 years - bystander - 01-21-2009

I'm not faulting Mr. Rabi at all. I wasn't being sarcastic when I called him a finanacial genius. If he really did have the gut feeling that the market had reached it's peak and quietly sold in sold in 2005-06, then he was smarter than any of you.

I apologize to Mr. Rabi. I really am in awe of him. I only "badgered" him because I felt insulted by the comments he made to me back in 2006 when I called him on his overly optimistic outlook. Little did I know that his public viewpoint was all in his plan. Well played Mr. Rabi, well played!

RE: if you bought a house in Puna in the last 5 years - Guest - 01-21-2009

quote:
Originally posted by KathyH

... but I'm trying to take of myself.
This constant badgering is driving me nuts! [:p]

Geez Kathy... you act as if you are required to post here?

If it's so bothersome... quit reading PW.

It bothers me when people get bothered by things that they could easily avoid by simply getting off the computer every once in awhile.

Back to the subject.

I think any of you folks who were fortunate enough to even buy a house in the first place are very lucky.

Many younger people today... Will never in their lifetime have the opportunity to buy a house.

Count your blessings.

RE: if you bought a house in Puna in the last 5 years - Guest - 01-21-2009

quote:
Originally posted by John S. Rabi
Jealousy and frustration brings out the worst from people.

AMEN[Wink]