Punaweb Forum
Eight more TMT protesters arrested on Mauna Kea - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Eight more TMT protesters arrested on Mauna Kea (/showthread.php?tid=16386)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Eight more TMT protesters arrested on Mauna Kea - TomK - 09-13-2015

dakine wrote:

"Sometimes I feel like Max Headroom. Dakine has become the central figure in so many posts it's like being a star. And yet nobody knows what dakine really feels, believes. It's way fun really. I made one statement about people having the choice to move if they are uncomfortable and that turned into reams and reams of dakine's a racist who would throw all white people over the cliffs. Somehow, without ever saying if I am pro or anti anything I have become a central figure in the anti TMT campaign here on PW. What a hoot.

Maybe t-shirts should be made with some sort of comic image on them and the saying... Don't blame me, it's all dakine's fault! I am sure you all would look great in them.
"

Couldn't help thinking of "You're so Vain". Referring to yourself in the third person is certainly up there with the vainest kooks.

https://youtu.be/mQZmCJUSC6g

RE: Eight more TMT protesters arrested on Mauna Kea - Opihikaobob - 09-14-2015

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

So I guess dakine, gypsy69 and Opihikaobob are the 3 Stooges. Nyuk nyuk.
The telescope supporters are legion.

You used the right word, "legion"
And he asked him, What is your name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.

"Don't struggle in the darkness, bring in the light".

RE: Eight more TMT protesters arrested on Mauna Kea - TomK - 09-14-2015

Wow, another that wants to join the three musketeers. Given it's early, I suggest o'bob gets a very small hat and cardboard knife while on probation.

RE: Eight more TMT protesters arrested on Mauna Kea - kimo wires - 09-15-2015

Seen on the news that a Mauna Kea worker used a large loader to get rid of the Ahu that was blocking access to construction materials.
Guess the workers are tired of the freeloaders threatening their jobs and one was fed up enough to take matters into his own hands.
Protesters shown on video Crying calling it a "Hate Crime." ...Laughable
Well, see what happens when no one follows protocol.
Anarchy

RE: Eight more TMT protesters arrested on Mauna Kea - PunaMauka2 - 09-15-2015

Here comes law enforcement ...quick, pule!

Here comes a construction crew ...quick, make ahu!

Yes, war crimes, spiritual hate crimes, colonial occupation, cultural genocide, oppression.

RE: Eight more TMT protesters arrested on Mauna Kea - Kapoho Joe - 09-15-2015

Time for the greasers and the socs to rumble in the park...

RE: Eight more TMT protesters arrested on Mauna Kea - kalakoa - 09-15-2015

http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/news/local-news/mauna-kea-telescope-protesters-say-stone-altar-was-destroyed

On Sunday, "when they went up there to check on it, there was no ahu," Trask said. "And in its place there was a bulldozer."

"It's like a hate crime to us."

Wait, it gets better:

A Mauna Kea Support Services employee removed the altar sometime before Aug. 25 to access a pile of materials needed to grade the access road ... "If this particular employee had checked with his supervisor, this wouldn’t have happened." ... What happens to the worker would be a personnel issue that the university can't disclose. "But in all honesty, he didn’t violate any existing policies or protocols,"

Hopefully MKSS will institute some new emergency regulations to address this volatile situation.

RE: Eight more TMT protesters arrested on Mauna Kea - leilanidude - 09-15-2015

What is in place to prevent these clowns from making a couple new "altars" every day, that are in the way of the legal construction? If anything, it appears the worker simply did what management is too chicken-sh_t to do.

RE: Eight more TMT protesters arrested on Mauna Kea - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 09-15-2015

Hopefully MKSS will institute some new emergency regulations to address this volatile situation.

Yes, and a lengthy waiting period before the new regulations are enforced. The Trask family could personally monitor the situation for several months before any real action is taken, and nicely ask workers to please refrain from hate crimes should they occasionally return any rocks to locations where the spirit of Mauna Kea had originally placed them.

RE: Eight more TMT protesters arrested on Mauna Kea - Mtviewdude - 09-15-2015

quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

What is in place to prevent these clowns from making a couple new "altars" every day, that are in the way of the legal construction? If anything, it appears the worker simply did what management is too chicken-sh_t to do.

I am just amazed they got the permits so fast. I don't recall the 7 year permitting process, public comments, EIS, lawsuits, challenges or all the other hoops those of the lesser races needs to put up with.