Punaweb Forum
Discoveries using the telescopes on Mauna Kea - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Discoveries using the telescopes on Mauna Kea (/showthread.php?tid=17412)

RE: Discoveries by the telescopes on Mauna Kea - Guest - 08-30-2016

I'm not impressed as well Rob ... You are upholding a double standard.

Why not ask Gypsy and PahoaTed for they opinions as well ? How are they being treated ?

RE: Discoveries by the telescopes on Mauna Kea - Rob Tucker - 08-30-2016

A warning to one is a warning to all.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator

Thank you for your thick skin and open mind. I gotta think you are sick of the cliquish drama that festers here.

PW was and can still be so much better, but anyone with an opinion just gets beat down.

Apologies for pointing that out ... I will not muck around anymore.

The players all know who they are.

Choke dee

Shoots, just saw your post between my flailing's ... You da' man ... VERY good ROB !!!

Mahalo.

RE: Discoveries by the telescopes on Mauna Kea - pahoated - 08-30-2016

PW is good for fast moving local events. We all should know and have seen that the local newspaper website is as fast as their paper copy, two day delay in any local news, if at all.

But, noticing Rob's definite leanings, my unanswered questions about what happened between Tiffany and him, Damon and him, Andrew and him, many others and him, plus the very emotional friendship with Graham, the various candidate endorsements, have answered the questions. This is the Old South Puna Punatics club. It's just been interesting to see this 2000-2010 era when computers came to south Puna, who was involved, what the outcomes have been. There is PC history there, from the Myspace era to personal blogs to forums to adversarial web sites to F***book. I remember newsgroups and would hate to see forums go by the wayside the same way, even while they do. Most of the personal accounts on PW are effed-up royal but they can be informative and always entertaining.

*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*

RE: Discoveries by the telescopes on Mauna Kea - VancouverIslander - 08-30-2016

quote:
Originally posted by TomK

The known population of the solar system keeps growing. Recent observations on telescopes including the Subaru Telescope on Mauna Kea have discovered some previously unknown trans-Neptunian objects (those beyond the orbit of Neptune). This is important as it helps narrow down the search for the proposed "planet 9", a large planet that is thought to exist about 200 times farther from the sun than the Earth.

http://phys.org/news/2016-08-ninth-planet-reveals-extremely-distant.html

With all the OT trolling going on, we seem to have gotten off track and I'm not going to wade through all of the nonsense in order to find the few on topic posts so I'll ask a question of Tom:

I heard on the radio the other day about an exoplanet that was discovered orbiting Proxima Centauri in the "Goldilocks zone" (and thus possibly somewhat earth like). This is exciting news as it is literally in the lot next door in terms of stars. Are any of the local observatories involed in studying this one?

Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike

RE: Discoveries by the telescopes on Mauna Kea - alaskyn66 - 08-30-2016

Perhaps when the James Webb telescope comes on line in a couple years ... we can get a closer look at it.

..Bad boys,Bad boys what we gonna do...let ya out on bail for a buck or two...

RE: Discoveries by the telescopes on Mauna Kea - pahoated - 08-30-2016

quote:
Originally posted by VancouverIslander
With all the OT trolling going on,

exoplanet

So, you are aware of the On-Topic (OT) rule? Puna and Hawaii. Kind of a cool run on sentence, "With all the OT trolling going on, exoplanet". Humorous hypocrisy at its finest.

*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*

RE: Discoveries by the telescopes on Mauna Kea - VancouverIslander - 08-30-2016

Perhaps you should read the whole post, pahoated:

"Are any of the local observatories involved in studying this one?"

Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike