Punaweb Forum
dues dues dues - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: dues dues dues (/showthread.php?tid=13783)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: dues dues dues - Lee M-S - 06-13-2014

Seems like there's a progression;
people complain about bad roads, and the roads get fixed (I'm talking other places, not HA).
Then people complain about speeders and road bumps get installed.
Then people complain about or steal the road bumps.
Then people complain about potholes in the pavement.

I've got nature-made lava road bumps (and water features!) already, don't need expensive, high-maintenance pavement messing that up.

In fact, it might make a lot of sense to scrape the pavement off Road 1 and let it revert to nature. The potholes on the pavement, especially when hidden by rain, are way scarier than the rough unpaved roads.

><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ >(>

RE: dues dues dues - kalakoa - 06-13-2014

people complain about bad roads, and the roads get fixed

This is the correct answer where funding exists for those roads, such as with a "public street or highway".

Repeating myself: County needs a lesser road standard. 20 feet of pavement on a 60-foot easement is expensive overkill for a "farm lot" subdivison. While we're at it, let's stop pretending that 7500 square foot lots are "agricultural" ...

RE: dues dues dues - Guest - 06-13-2014

birchl ,,, let me reiterate ,, those that can demonstrate a limited income hardship would of course be exempt ! simple . new buyers would of course shoulder the burden right off as a condition of sale . those owners prior to the change would of course be a voluntary basis as it was when they bought property here in our gentle shire.

as I see it ,, those current owners who routinely pay their dues as it is , probably represent the cut off level of those being able to afford to pay the dues , and those that cant , so whatever the level of current general revenue is for 2014 ,,, it could only be enhanced by this idea ,,and those who would suffer and can demonstrate their inability to pay , ,would be unaffected ,,yet still receiving any and all benefit from being a resident, , vote,, amenities ,, ect. ect

lee ms very insightful,,, I love the rugged to,, but at the same time im loving the rough nature I love iv beaten the front end out of four trucks and a outback. im not sure I can afford that much rough road I love,, has anyone else here had numerous front end vehicle troubles ,,, ?????????

RE: dues dues dues - justthefacts - 06-13-2014

the proposal would discriminate against some people. also it creates a situation where working people and retired people with money wind up paying for the bulk of it. a spread the wealth sorta situation. verifiable cant pay people always opens the door for abuse in the system.
it wont work and the fees are way to high, also part of the problem is who controls the money , more room for abuse.
lastly lien the property that was a mess for paradise park people.
it wont work . but i am not opposed to reasonable mandatory fees .

ivfound no evidence to back up the comment that paying according to financel ability is discrimantory when those exempted for inability continue the have the same privledges as before,,, maybe mimosa can steer me in the right direction....for that backup,,,,,, also it was never mentioned as part of the idea to demand payment from everyone according to their ability or status,,,, (I propose a 100 dollars a year due schedule for every developed lot in the acres, to go to the community association,, also another 100 dollars for the road corp. every year . these dues should be mandatory and to ensure that the developers and speculators and landowners all pay their share ,, a lien against the property should be taken by the community association . anyone with verifiable inability to pay these fees should be exempt of course and that should cover us old timers and grandfather folks that came before the mandatory dues. all new land owners and buyers and especially speculators would of course have to abide by the rules fee and regulations . )
which places all the burden on the voluntary payers and the new buyers of our home in paradise.

RE: dues dues dues - 2bad4u - 06-13-2014

[quote]Originally posted by Ken

Lived in the Acres for over 20 years.

Love it - just as it is.

And I sure as hell don't need (or want) some idiot who has to stoop to the pre-teen boys sandbox playing immature need to name himself "MOOSECOCK" to start "mandating" mandatory fees.

Wow !...... Could not have been better stated.

you morons kill me,,, I swear,,,,,

RE: dues dues dues - justthefacts - 06-13-2014

well i suggest to openly bring your vision to the next general membership meeting and offer it up for a vote

RE: dues dues dues - birchl - 06-14-2014

MC, your idea is good but administratively complex. A % of land tax is not technically a tax against the rich but would have the same effect. Those in undeveloped lots living in tiny cabins pay very little indeed. Agricultural lots have special exemptions already in place. The larger more developed properties pay more and people who own land here who do not live here pay the most. The work is already done for us. That's for the roads. The community association needs to be free, otherwise it is not a community association but an association of people with a spare $100??

#10048;