Punaweb Forum
more traffic lights on 11 - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: more traffic lights on 11 (/showthread.php?tid=16911)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: more traffic lights on 11 - shockwave rider - 02-17-2016

quote:
Originally posted by Kapoho Joe

quote:
Originally posted by Frankie Stapleton

I'd be much more willing to support a traffic light at the Shipman entrance if Bill Wallters would quit doing everything in his power to prevent a lower Puna access road between Kapoho and Hilo!

I agree 110%, however what makes you think that the man who can block such an access road isn't going to get a traffic light if he wants one?

I don't think Frankie said that, she stated what would have to happen for her be willing to support this idea, or put another way why she doesn't support this idea. She didn't say a single word about the odds of Walter's getting what he wants.

I wish people would quit twisting other's posts so they can make some sort of hit and run rhetorical jab. Feels like borderline trolling to me.

RE: more traffic lights on 11 - kalakoa - 02-17-2016

In my version of the Greater Keaau Plan:

- Kipimana St connects through to the 11/Keaau-Pahoa Rd;
- E Kipimana St connects through to Ulupono St

Instead, the decision has apparently been made to create ... another choke point.

RE: more traffic lights on 11 - shockwave rider - 02-17-2016

This light will do nothing to fix the daily problem of school busses taking up the entire stretch of road into Shipman when coming from Puna. I've seen the left turn lane get backed up with cars for quite a way while one bus waits to cross the Puna bound lane to get into Shipman. That really screws up the morning traffic on a regular basis.

RE: more traffic lights on 11 - Kapoho Joe - 02-17-2016

quote:
Originally posted by shockwave rider

quote:
Originally posted by Kapoho Joe

quote:
Originally posted by Frankie Stapleton

I'd be much more willing to support a traffic light at the Shipman entrance if Bill Wallters would quit doing everything in his power to prevent a lower Puna access road between Kapoho and Hilo!

I agree 110%, however what makes you think that the man who can block such an access road isn't going to get a traffic light if he wants one?

I don't think Frankie said that, she stated what would have to happen for her be willing to support this idea, or put another way why she doesn't support this idea. She didn't say a single word about the odds of Walter's getting what he wants.

I wish people would quit twisting other's posts so they can make some sort of hit and run rhetorical jab. Feels like borderline trolling to me.

Easy now Rider, keep it in the holster.

I had clear comprehension on what Frankie posted. My response was merely pointing out that although she has yet to support this light, this light will go through with or without her support.

RE: more traffic lights on 11 - kalakoa - 02-17-2016

this light will go through with or without her support

With or without any of our support.

RE: more traffic lights on 11 - Obie - 02-17-2016

quote:
Originally posted by shockwave rider

This light will do nothing to fix the daily problem of school busses taking up the entire stretch of road into Shipman when coming from Puna. I've seen the left turn lane get backed up with cars for quite a way while one bus waits to cross the Puna bound lane to get into Shipman. That really screws up the morning traffic on a regular basis.

You don't think a light with a turn arrow would allow those buses to get out of your way ?

I thought you were a teacher!

P.S. It's buses !

Busses means more than one buss.A kiss.

RE: more traffic lights on 11 - DTisme - 02-17-2016

All i know is I've been almost hit many a time by cross traffic while Puna-bound. I also hate turning into Shipman when Hilo-bound. Hate crossing the hwy amd have always thought it needs a light there.

Ps--as odd as it looks, "busses" is an acceptable spelling in many dictionaries.

RE: more traffic lights on 11 - Obie - 02-17-2016

Hey I'm old fashioned and that's they way I was taught to spell it.

Agree that there needs to be a light there !

RE: more traffic lights on 11 - snorkle - 02-18-2016

Quote; "
W.H. Shipman wants to add traffic lights on Highway 11 to aid motorists driving into its business park, and is seeking a $2.75 million appropriation to get the project done."
__________________________________________________________________________________

HAAS already has the money appropriated for a stoplight at their dangerous Pahoa Bypass intersection, but Lorraine and the state won't install it until all of Hwy 130 is lighted. I'll betcha Shipman jumps ahead in line and Inouye takes a paid vacation. What a coinqidink that would be.

RE: more traffic lights on 11 - Kapoho Joe - 02-18-2016

If we are going to put lights at Shipman - why not at the next road going into ML nuts? Plenty a tour bus has taken a chance crossing the Hilo bound lanes in front of my vehicle! Then again the next road going into the jail can be dicey when someone in the #1 lane signals & brakes late. Of course the Zoo road is the same story.

It's almost like we have a modern highway with a speed limit of 55 while at the same time we have several ancient yet quaint cross streets.

Ever see a cross street on the I-95?