Punaweb Forum
Restrictions to continue! - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Restrictions to continue! (/showthread.php?tid=22475)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Restrictions to continue! - malahini - 11-09-2021

It seems as though Ige is twisting arms, making Hawaii and Kauai county to do the vax pass at restaurants or they will be kept at 50% capacity.

I wonder what Mitch is going to do. I guess one more person to add to the "always vote against" list. I guess I won't be eating inside at a restaurant for the rest of the time I live here, because while I am vaxxed, I refuse to be part of these continued shenanigans.

RE: Restrictions to continue! - eightfingers2.0 - 11-09-2021

Seems like business should be encouraged, because it would at least generate more tax revenue.

Or can they figure that out?

RE: Restrictions to continue! - kalakoa - 11-09-2021

Our restaurants aren't limited to 50% capacity; they can have any capacity that allows 6-foot separation. (As publicly stated by County spokesperson.)

Mitch wanted to publish a list of people in quarantine, but apparently thinks "vax pass" is intrusive overreach.

Hawaii has always been business-hostile. COVID is just a better excuse.

RE: Restrictions to continue! - malahini - 11-09-2021

I thought I had read something where starting Nov 12th, Ige will add that into his emergency order. That unless they check vax status they can only operate at 50%.

Counties that don't require such proof will have to continue to demand that restaurants, bars and gyms cap the number of patrons in their establishments at 50% of what they are normally able to fit. Currently, Honolulu and Maui are the only counties to require proof of vaccination or test results to enter such businesses. Kauai and Hawaii counties do not.

The changes take effect on Nov. 12.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/hawaii/articles/2021-11-02/hawaii-governor-to-lift-some-restaurant-bar-capacity-limits

I have to go or I'd find a Hawaii specific source, but this is first result when I looked on Google.

Edit: oops https://governor.hawaii.gov/newsroom/office-of-the-governor-news-release-governor-ige-signs-executive-order-21-08/

It's obviously aimed at Hawaii and Kauai counties.

Edit 2: oops, it was seen earlier in this thread.

RE: Restrictions to continue! - MyManao - 11-09-2021

(11-09-2021, 09:14 PM)eightfingers2.0 Wrote: Seems like business should be encouraged, because it would at least generate more tax revenue.

Or can they figure that out?

Does it, mean more tax revenue one way or the other?

I'm vaxx'd, and boosted, and still until the unvaxx'd are no longer in the way my money is staying home with me. I'd love to go back to my old habits. I ate out at least 2 - 3 times a week, live music pretty regularly, big box stores now and then, but haven't done any of that once since covid came to roost. Though, I'd give it a try if there was a vaccine mandate in place. Otherwise, I figure Mitch thinks there's more revenue to be had from the unvaxx'd. Which is fine. But if he want's my help stimulating anything he needs to get the dumb* people out of the way.

I think businesses should of gone vaxx'd only a long time ago. Since the government has been so slow to catch on I had hoped the private sector would have picked up the slack... but no..

I think they're all scared of angry mobs.

*By my reckoning if, at this point, you're unvaxx'd you're dealing with some form of mental deficiency..

RE: Restrictions to continue! - Obie - 11-09-2021

Guess you are staying home forever. The virus is going to become endemic.
I have been going out since the beginning of this and now that I'm triple jabbed I go out several times a week again.

RE: Restrictions to continue! - kander - 11-09-2021

(11-09-2021, 09:55 PM)MyManao Wrote: I'm vaxx'd, and boosted, and still until the unvaxx'd are no longer in the way my money is staying home with me. I'd love to go back to my old habits.
Explain to me how you can possibly be worried about unvaxxed when your fully vaxxed. Because if your fully vaxxed as you say, then you should not have a problem. That is of course if the vaxx indeed does not work, then why would you constantly try to push this on people who dont want to participate in this experiment?

RE: Restrictions to continue! - Rob Tucker - 11-09-2021

Kander,

What is your problem?

RE: Restrictions to continue! - kander - 11-10-2021

(11-09-2021, 11:56 PM)Rob Tucker Wrote: Kander,

What is your problem?
Every single time someone decides to self aggrandize themselves, they never fail to leave a snide comment to disparage those who have decided they arent going to get the vax. I just wanted clarification on why someone would be scared to leave home because of the unvaxxed. Either it works, or it doesn't, and if it doesn't then there would be little reasoning to risk/reward to taking it IMHO.

And everything I have been trying to infer, becomes crystal clear of the double standard people are living when they realize that either their fear is unfounded and the product works, or the fear is justified and the product is faulty. It cannot be both.

RE: Restrictions to continue! - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 11-10-2021

either their fear is unfounded and the product works

The vaccine works, but it's not a simplistic either/or, black & white.  There is a complex area of light gray and dark gray in between, that is, if you're vaccinated you can still get COVID.  You might not get as sick as the unvaccinated, but you can still get sick.  And who wants to get sick, especially if it's really unnecessary given the science? If everyone was vaccinated almost no one would get COVID at this point in time.  When's the last time you heard of someone contracting polio?  Or smallpox?