Punaweb Forum
Newlyweds - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Newlyweds (/showthread.php?tid=2314)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Newlyweds - wyatt - 06-22-2008

Aloha Ed & Ralph, congratulations on your marriage.

Best Wishes
Mark & Richard

“When you have come to the edge of all the light you have
And step into the darkness of the unknown
Believe that one of the two will happen to you
Either you'll find something solid to stand on
Or you'll be taught how to fly!”

Richard Bach

RE: Newlyweds - Kapohocat - 06-22-2008

WOW! House sounds cool and also congrats!

RE: Newlyweds - rbonplaza - 06-22-2008

First, to all of not-so-distant new neighbors, thanks so much for the good wishes. To give a bit of perspective I want to share this. The first person Ed called after our ceremony was his ex-wife, the mother of our two adult kids. She is a friend and very supportive of our twenty-year relationship. My hope is that the progeny from their relationship will wonder why this was ever such a big deal. We have seven grand children now. I hope they will not call me "Uncle" after this. (remember the "funny uncle" references?)

To Beau, your greetings and acceptance are very important and appreciated. I see your children, ours and our grand kids becoming great friends in the near future!

To Cat, thank you so much. Ed and I look forward to meeting you in person. You are a wealth of knowledge, knowledge that we will need soon!

To Mark and Richard, we haven't met yet, but have been vicariously enjoying your new home- you guys are very talented!

StillHope, thanks so much for the good wishes. Come by to see the house in September!

Carey, I think we are going to be good friends next year. I love your generosity and the support you have shown to the Punatics here. Thank you.

And finally Pam. We supported your effort in Thailand and I am thankful for your support of our relationship.

RE: Newlyweds - nanasohana - 06-22-2008

I too send congratulations![Smile]

RE: Newlyweds - waynesb - 06-22-2008

Congratulations, Ed & Ralph!

Bob & I just celebrated the 4th anniversary of our wedding in Canada. Now California will recognize it as well!

I hope you document your building process as well as Mark & Richard did.

Wayne

Thank you Nancy! We look forward to meeting you and gleaning your horticular knowledge!

Thank you Wayne and Bob. Are you two on the BI yet?

Scott, you asked about shipping costs. We had the first building, what we call our shop- 16x28 building shipped last year. The shipping was about $4500 for a 20'container. The new building will be coming in two 40' containers for about $8300.

RE: Newlyweds - Hotzcatz - 06-22-2008

Well congradulations! Or is it Felicitations? I forget these things.

So, did you both change your last names? Did either of you change your last names? Ya know, when you get married is one time when you can change your name for free. Whatever you feel like writing on the line becomes your new names although if you do change it there is a lot of work changing all your other paperwork to match.

RE: Newlyweds - Carey - 06-22-2008

Now I remeber... Wasn't almost a year ago when you guys posted this plan??? I loved it then & can't wait to see the house finished!

OHHH, and you guys will be here in time for Lahaina noon in Hilo on 7/23 at 12:26 (you'll have no shadow) (it's a little later - the next day in Puna)

RE: Newlyweds - pslamont - 06-23-2008

Civil Rights... such a significant issue. It is with PRIDE that I support you and every other person working to establish his/her rights. It is a battle that must be continuously fought until every man and woman has the right to marry, have a family (through adoption, surrogates or whatever). Life, liberty AND the pursuit of Happiness, and every other right established in our country by our constitution must be supported for everyone.

The US Constitution says you are entitled to these.
The US Constitution separates Church and State.
Marriage is a legal term, in addition to a religious concept.
We do not need other terms for marriage. If a church wants another term, let them invent it, with their own definition.
Marriage is the legal contract between two people to establish an entity called FAMILY with all the financial, emotional and obligatory constructs that go with that entity.

I not only support you, I CHEER you.

It isn't over but this Civil Rights battle is no less than the one Martin Luther King led in the 1960's. It will have resistance, ups and downs, nasty incidents... but in the end, everyone who understands it is a civil rights battle. It will surface successful and another segment of our society will be recognized as equal and entitled to equal treatment.

Gosh, and I am not even a flag waver.... go figure! Give me a soap box...