Punaweb Forum
You dirty rat you - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: You dirty rat you (/showthread.php?tid=4819)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: You dirty rat you - Guest - 12-23-2008

There is a thing called the 19th amendment that the State of Hawaii cannot infringe:
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.( this is the right of women to vote)

No one in their right mind would lay down and let the state or county make law that would infringe on this right, and even if they did make laws that stripped women of their right to vote, it would be absolutely unconstitutional.

Here is another, the 26th:
1. The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

(no state in the union has the right to take this right away)

The state of Hawaii can not countermand this either:
15th amendment
1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

Anyway, to make a long story short, Hawaii can not take away your right to keep and bear arms.

Look, the bill of rights are not rights for the government, they are rights for individuals.

If you are an American living in Hawaii, you have the right to keep and bear arms. Fin!

Keep means own or have and bear means to wield or to have on your person.

RE: You dirty rat you - Greg - 12-23-2008

Your right about the right to keep and bear arms. Unfortunately, it's against the law to discharge a firearm in a subdivision in Hawaii County unless your life is at stake.

When I hear someone in my neighborhood shooting ( I've been on both ends of a gun and know the sound) I assume someone is either in a life threatening situation, or breaking the law.

I call 911 and give the location if possible.

Tom, the gun and load you used were correct for the situation, but the location was not. You were lucky.

Keep and bear arms all you want, discharge them at the range, or in a hunting preserve in season, or use them to (heaven forbid) protect the life of yourself or a loved one. But if I hear a shot, the cops are coming.

RE: You dirty rat you - Jon - 12-23-2008

LOL...

you sure don't live in beaches... or you would be on the phone with 911 everyday.

You might want to talk to the police about their shooting also, I understand one of them unloaded his gun into the back of a fleeing car... that would get him fired and prosecuted in most cities.

I sure wish people would not be so afraid of guns... cars are much more dangerous.

Speaking of cars, which one of you guys drove by and used a baseball bat on our mailbox? you trying to get my attention?

Transplanted Texan
"I am here to chew bubble gum and kick some *** ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"

quote:
Originally posted by Greg

When I hear someone in my neighborhood shooting ( I've been on both ends of a gun and know the sound) I assume someone is either in a life threatening situation, or breaking the law.

Even if you hear a rat pig screaming?

-------

quote:
Originally posted by Jon

Speaking of cars, which one of you guys drove by and used a baseball bat on our mailbox? you trying to get my attention?...

I apologize. I couldn't handle the desecration of the rocks being used.

I took a picture before I did the damage. You can see it here

-------

Yes Damon, even if I hear a pig screaming. Look at it this way; People here(yourself included)have stated how they will go to any length to protect their family. That's what I am doing. If you were a responsible and safe firearms enthusiest, you wouldn't be shooting illegally in a neighborhood.

I'm not telling you NOT to do it, I'm telling you if I hear a shot in my neighborhood, I assume someone's life is threatened or they are breaking the law, and call the cops. Do the crime - do the time. Easy.

Speaking of cars, which one of you guys drove by and used a baseball bat on our mailbox? you trying to get my attention? -Jon

If bats were outlawed, only the outlaws would have bats. -Greg
[Wink]

RE: You dirty rat you - james weatherford - 12-23-2008

From here, I'm glad the rat is dead.
Now, if you had missed the rat, fired the shot and left the community to still deal with the disease-ridden varmint, that would be a problem.
Smile

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park

Quote:

Jon, I didn't mean to imply that I'm afraid of guns. I wouldn't be here today if not for totally overpowering and effective firepower. Still, I won't hesitate to report someone using them illegally.

I'm not usually afraid of cars either, but again will not hesitate to call in a weaving drunk like the one the other night headed to Leilani from Pahoa. He almost took out several cars going the other way. I agree that is scary.

RE: You dirty rat you - Seeb - 12-23-2008

going back to the basics the word of the day would be " BACKSTOP "

RE: You dirty rat you - StillHope - 12-24-2008

Next time the cops pass by the neighborhood and hear some shootings,they will say: "Never mind,it's just Tom ,chasing rats!"