Punaweb Forum
Helicopters circling in HPP - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Helicopters circling in HPP (/showthread.php?tid=5375)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Helicopters circling in HPP - Bullwinkle - 03-16-2009

When I saw it, the dead giveaway for the green harvest copter was its trail of black smoke.

. .. Looked like one of those French made copters from a distance. Didn’t have that bell or huey silhouette.

See any exhaust smoke?

RE: Helicopters circling in HPP - carmel123 - 03-16-2009

They are looking for those with a guilty conscience.

RE: Helicopters circling in HPP - Dave Smith - 03-16-2009

No obvious exhaust from the one I saw.

RE: Helicopters circling in HPP - Cindy Blankenship - 03-16-2009

Wow. So they were all over today. I've never noticed here before circling for two hours. These were dark green or black. It was at the same time Time Warner Internet was down, but from the posts here sounds like that may have just been coincidence. It felt like L.A. Even wondered for a second if they were looking for a dangerous fugitive lol. Or maybe a missing person? I thought the measure that dropped marijuana to a low priority crime stopped funds to Green Harvest. Maybe they have funds to use up still...

http://www.CoconutRoads.com
"Taking you to the Heart of Hawaii"

RE: Helicopters circling in HPP - Bob Orts - 03-16-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Cindy Blankenship

I thought the measure that dropped marijuana to a low priority crime stopped funds to Green Harvest. Maybe they have funds to use up still...
At this time, talk that it was Green Harvest is all a bunch of speculative smoke blowing. To some any helicopter is DEA or MIB 1&2 or the CIA, you know those types. Case in point, March 6th the same thing happen "We're Under Attack" was the cry, Danger - Danger, DEA swarming over Puna... Turned out to be a combo of Helco checking power lines and the Police looking for a person. No DEA, No black ops, No conspiracy. (I wonder if this had anything to do with the search for the vehicle seen fleeing towards the east side). Anyway, nobody knows what the helicopters were doing, and odds are even if it was a life & death rescue, the green harvest conspiracy folks will never admit it and since the were wrong last time, they may be wrong this time.

RE: Helicopters circling in HPP - Lakshmi - 03-17-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Cindy Blankenship

Hey does anyone know why we have 2 choppers circling here in HPP (around Railroad and between Kaloli and Paradise.

RE: Helicopters circling in HPP - Lakshmi - 03-17-2009

Apparently they are looking for pot. Over my friends & neighbors land it has been a terrifying & invasive experience with 3 helicoptors coming within 40 feet of the ground near the house angling the coptor sideways as if to peer into the windows. It is like an Iraq invasion. I can't believe its even legal to attack someone's privacy in such a manner. This could never go on in the mainland. This is so invasive and all my friend grows is tomatoes & flowers!!! How do they get away with this? My friend is shooting pictures of them right now in HPP & flipping them the birdie.

RE: Helicopters circling in HPP - LeeE - 03-17-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Lakshmi

Apparently they are looking for pot. Over my friends & neighbors land it has been a terrifying & invasive experience with 3 helicoptors coming within 40 feet of the ground near the house angling the coptor sideways as if to peer into the windows. It is like an Iraq invasion. I can't believe its even legal to attack someone's privacy in such a manner. This could never go on in the mainland. This is so invasive and all my friend grows is tomatoes & flowers!!! How do they get away with this? My friend is shooting pictures of them right now in HPP & flipping them the birdie.

Could your friend post the pics on the web?

Yesterday in Leilani was outrageous. Helicopters literally all day.

Glad I didn't have any recording to do, as work would have been impossible.

Oh great, here comes one low over Leilani now.

RE: Helicopters circling in HPP - Dave Smith - 03-17-2009

Certainly talk of this involving Green Harvest is speculation, but in some cases it's an educated guess.

The helicopter I saw yesterday was traveling very low in a grid over the forest. No power lines or roads there. I guess they could have been searching for a person, but it wasn't the Fire Department's Chopper 1 or 2, and good luck spotting anybody who doesn't want to be seen in the jungle.

The DEA does have two helicopters stationed at the airport. That agency is not bound by any county regulations and I doubt they sit idle all the time.

Ironically, as I write this, there is now another helicopter, this one an all-yellow Hughes, making slow circles around our area. It's higher than the one yesterday but I'm pretty sure it's lower than 500 feet. Now it's been joined by the same chopper I saw yesterday, with a vertical red stripe, making even lower circles. Got a nice siege going on here.

I called the police non-emergency line to inquire about it and a fellow there said they have no control over helicopters (!), said it might be DEA and gave me their number (541-1185). He didn't want to talk about it any further, cutting me off when I asked another question. Got an answering service at the DEA. My next call will be to the FAA.

As I recall, the FAA requires choppers to fly at a minimum of 1,000 feet except for SFAR corridors (not in my area) where they can go down to 500 feet. There are exceptions for lower flight but I believe it requires probable cause, which is apparently being construed rather liberally by the DEA.

Well, it's now been more than an hour that the choppers have been circling the area. I work from home and low-flying helicopters sweeping back and forth make it impossible to work. I hope there's a Very Good Reason for the intrusion and expenditures, but at this point I can't imagine what it could be.

RE: Helicopters circling in HPP - Jon - 03-17-2009

Intrusion? you don't own the air space.....

The feds and Hawaii have more then enough laws to fly over your house anytime they wish.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
HBAT