Punaweb Forum
Social Networking - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Social Networking (/showthread.php?tid=7125)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Social Networking - TonyB - 04-04-2010

When is the next Punawebb party? How often do the PW's get together?

Aloha, Tony
Atlanta/Kapoho

RE: Social Networking - David M - 04-04-2010

As said, pretty darn easy to meet lots of people here, some really great people too. Have to say we are more socially active then we've ever been. Lots of great contacts started off the web, KWeb, Punaweb, etc. Being owner builders we were somewhat drawn to meeting other owner builders over the years and that is still central to what might be described as our core group that we see often and party really often (like today in a friend's yet to be finished workshop/living quarters). We also started meeting our neighbors as soon as we bought our property. There are only 2 neighbors on our street we don't really know, but our extended neighborhood gets together several times a year for potlucks and other events, sometimes at homes, sometimes at our local park. Can't begin to tell you the number of times you meet someone new and have a conversation and now whenever you run into them at Wallyworld, HD, or pumping gas, now your talking story like you grew up together.

Punaweb partys don't have a set schedule. Pam's probably hosted the most, we've done a few and a bunch of others have, even several that hosted from a rental, having not moved to the island yet. Always fun to put faces to names, not to mention usually awesome grinds

Just love it here Smile

David

Ninole Resident

RE: Social Networking - mella l - 04-05-2010

Last I heard Devany was going to have the next PW party, or was it ah it might have been someone else who told me this. Perhaps it was that someone just off 130, I'm turned around perhaps.

mella l

NO, really? Assume the best!

RE: Social Networking - pslamont - 04-05-2010

We definitely need another punaweb party...... some body?

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

RE: Social Networking - Carey - 04-05-2010

What about another Parade PW party??? We are willing to set up our popup & a couple of tables on Saturday for the Merrie Monarch Royal Parade, if there is interest... the parade starts at 10:30
the problem is WHERE?
Space is tight along Kilauea/Kewe and Waianuenue. One of our favorite spots is along Kamehameha, off of the Bandstand or Ponohawi Pauahi under the monkeypods.... Those are either near the end or the beginning of the parade, but have space to spread out...I normally go for PonohawiPauahi, across from the on the east side, above the Wailoa entrance, as there is some parking at the State Building back lots

So is there any interest????

ETA: We can bring Lilikoi/orange lemonade & something munchie & the BOX, if there is any interest, and coffee, and would start before the parade starts (and the streets are CLOSED!

RE: Social Networking - Liz - 04-05-2010

Perfect!!! I think a lot of folks are on the same wavelength, Carey! Noel wants to set up near the Texaco, across from the Bandstand, so you guys can figure out which location wins & let us know. He said he'd be there about 9:30 to save a spot for whoever wants to join in. Potluck/tailgate & watch the Parade with friends - what could be finer?? :-)

aloha, Liz

"The best things in life aren't things."

RE: Social Networking - emorata - 04-06-2010

Liz,

i'm setting up across from the texaco on the bandstand side.

Noel Morata
Check out my blog about living aloha in East Hawaii http://noelmorata.blogspot.com/

RE: Social Networking - Sherrill Watson - 04-06-2010

I agree that most friends here are more like family - not like Los Angeles, where I lived for 50+ years at all! When I moved here I knew no one, so "make friends" just went on my "to do" list every day alongside "buy a wastebasket" and the like. i.e. I made a concerted effort. I joined EVERYTHING that interested me even a little. When I found someone at one group and also at another, we obviously had things in common, so I went over to talk to them. All of the groups you mentioned, classes at the University or Senior Center or your local Association, or the Eagles or church or temple - even the gardening department -- everything! Smile, start a conversation, you'll be fine! On the other hand, if you want to stay home & grumble . . . ! I doubt you're one of those! I have more genuine friends here than ever in my life. You'll see!

RE: Social Networking - Liz - 04-06-2010

Noel said: "...across from the texaco on the bandstand side."

Good to know - wouldn't have wanted to be sitting /across/ the road from ya'! ;-) [Although then we could have tossed streamers back & forth - lol!!] See you there; we will have an extra pop-up with us (thanks, Royall) so we'll try to get there early, too.

aloha, Liz

"The best things in life aren't things."

RE: Social Networking - Aki - 04-06-2010

We have an appointment to meet up with a sub on our jobsite at 9:00 AM but will try to catch up with you as soon as possible. Aki and Laura