Punaweb Forum
Restrictions to continue! - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Restrictions to continue! (/showthread.php?tid=22475)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Restrictions to continue! - malahini - 11-27-2021

I saw it. Well two people out there earlier.

Seems rather unfair to remove that given it puts into perspective something another poster said. You could at least be consistent about it.

Either way it kills any discussion about covid policy because if you can't use other places for reference there is no way to continue the discussion with any bearing in factual basis because sometimes other places besides Hawaii must be used in comparison/contrast.

How about this. It brings into question Hawaii's zero covid policy when a state with the most lax restrictions actually did pretty well all things considered. Having the oldest population in the country should equate to the highest death toll per capita. The fact it doesn't raises questions about the effectiveness of any state's policy of restrictions including Hawaii's.

it's also interesting that some states with no vaccine mandates have vaccination rates just as high or higher than ones with vaccine mandates. Considering Hawaii has a vax pass thing going on two different islands this seems to be well on topic of restrictions in the state of Hawaii.

RE: Restrictions to continue! - 'elepaio - 11-27-2021

Geez Rob, I was typing and posted my reply without reading yours until it landed just as i had posted..

Sorta answering you and including my opinion.

I stand by it and feel its reasonable to allow and be posted into the discussion.. Especially since it was on topic sans vitriol like some other stuff.

I get it, but then lock the whole thread.

RE: Restrictions to continue! - Rob Tucker - 11-27-2021

I apologize for letting this discussion range too far for too long.

Keep it Hawaii or lose it.

How about this... Can we please have a pandemic restrictions subforum that will be nuked once the pandemic is over?

Only rules would be no vitriol and it has to be about covid policy. That keeps people's whining about restrictions out of the rest of the forum. It also can't devolve into other political discussion because if it isn't about covid it gets deleted. Only politics allowed would be in relation to covid.

A containment forum so to speak...

Considering new "scary" variant freaking some people out, it is hard to even talk about it at all how it relates to Hawaii or even Puna without bringing in facts about the outside world.

Just a request.

RE: Restrictions to continue! - Obie - 11-27-2021

It might be wise to start your own forum.

punawhiners.org is available.

I prefer whining here. Especially when places with more sane policies have lower cases than restrictions forever Hawaii land. Angel

RE: Restrictions to continue! - AaronM - 11-27-2021

(11-27-2021, 03:29 AM)Rob Tucker Wrote: I apologize for letting this discussion range too far for too long.

Keep it Hawaii or lose it.

Mahalo.

I know, let's talk about how much Char is lovin' that spotlight. She must feel very very important right now.

RE: Restrictions to continue! - kalianna - 11-27-2021

What ever happened to, "Please limit your posts to an average five a day?" Did that go away with the new forum?

RE: Restrictions to continue! - AaronM - 11-27-2021

We clearly already have a moderator. Let him worry about that.