Punaweb Forum
S.P.A.C.E. Community Meeting - March 6th - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: S.P.A.C.E. Community Meeting - March 6th (/showthread.php?tid=6893)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: S.P.A.C.E. Community Meeting - March 6th - terry.way - 03-04-2010

quote:
Originally posted by StillHope

This shouldn't have come to permitted-unpermited issues.
I agree.

Free memberships are offered to immediate neighbors. We invited Scott (radicalized by African drumming) to golf, airplane rides, a couple of different activities.

My wife keeps a log of all the complaints made; no log is kept when we initiate communication.

As a result of complaints, sound-proofing curtains, reducing the number of drummers, STRICT control of noise after 10.00PM, have all been initiated. Some noise control measures are better than others.

We've been in constant communication with the complainants.

Scott is unable to attend the meeting, he's (my understanding) active duty, never to return. His house is for sale. My attitude towards Scott is one of respect: he's military. He gave us an order, but we didn't follow it. He was reasonable and polite when making an unreasonable request.

RE: S.P.A.C.E. Community Meeting - March 6th - StillHope - 03-04-2010

Thank you,Terry.
It's good to know that some sound control measures are being taken
and some attempts to ease the situation.
I wish it could be a way to get a buffer zone .Getting people relocated is probably cheaper than other methods..

RE: S.P.A.C.E. Community Meeting - March 6th - DanielP - 03-04-2010

Sounds like Peregrine and others had complaints and suggestions that were refused by SPACE. They got their panties all in a knot and went to war.

RE: S.P.A.C.E. Community Meeting - March 6th - StillHope - 03-04-2010

[Smile]?[}Smile]?[:p]?[B)]?

RE: S.P.A.C.E. Community Meeting - March 6th - terry.way - 03-04-2010

Just finished a conversation with Graham. Interesting, rather than going for a modified SUP, they're going to apply as a Village Center, as allowed by the Puna Development Plan. SPACE will be the first such facility. A commercial kitchen, industrial arts center, things that would normally be in a village, if villages weren't cul-de-sacs miles away from shopping centers.

This is great. Part of the requirement to be a Village Center is community buy-in, which is a large part of what Saturday's meeting is going to be about.

Come to the meeting! The moderator is going to be Diane Gentry. Utmost effort is going to be made to make both opposition and supporters feel welcome. This isn't us vs. them. It's economic life vs. drive to Hilo.

RE: S.P.A.C.E. Community Meeting - March 6th - Obie - 03-04-2010

Sorry that it will not work.The building code will supersede the want list.The PCDP has not been adopted yet and probably never well be.

RE: S.P.A.C.E. Community Meeting - March 6th - TomK - 03-04-2010

Terry - don't you think that's something that should have been discussed in the meeting/s you have planned rather than announcing it now as a coup? This seems to be a great way of pissing off anyone who has problems with SPACE.

I'm not saying this is the wrong decision, but if I had problems with SPACE I'd be a little pissed off knowing that a decision had been made already.

Tom

RE: S.P.A.C.E. Community Meeting - March 6th - StillHope - 03-05-2010

quote:
Originally posted by terry.way

Just finished a conversation with Graham. Interesting, rather than going for a modified SUP, they're going to apply as a Village Center, as allowed by the Puna Development Plan. SPACE will be the first such facility. A commercial kitchen, industrial arts center, things that would normally be in a village, if villages weren't cul-de-sacs miles away from shopping centers.

This is great. Part of the requirement to be a Village Center is community buy-in, which is a large part of what Saturday's meeting is going to be about.

Come to the meeting! The moderator is going to be Diane Gentry. Utmost effort is going to be made to make both opposition and supporters feel welcome. This isn't us vs. them. It's economic life vs. drive to Hilo.

That explains why Graham was not interested in the conversation (very polite and information-looking Kathy's questions).
I am supporting SPACE if it takes care of it's immediate neighbors.
Did Graham say how the "hypothetically" physically ill person who suffers from the noise and doesn't complain will be taken care of?
As you know , nothing is"hypothetical" here...

RE: S.P.A.C.E. Community Meeting - March 6th - Rob Tucker - 03-05-2010

quote:
Originally posted by Obie

Sorry that it will not work.The building code will supersede the want list.The PCDP has not been adopted yet and probably never well be.

Actually the PCDP was adopted as law in September of 2008. After a year's delay the Action Committee has been appointed and is charged with implementation of the plan.

RE: S.P.A.C.E. Community Meeting - March 6th - Obie - 03-05-2010

Sorry,I should have said that the changes the PCDP seeks have not been adopted yet.It is still a wish list and county zoning rules still apply.