Punaweb Forum
HPP board recall petition - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: HPP board recall petition (/showthread.php?tid=17730)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: HPP board recall petition - shockwave rider - 10-17-2016

quote:
Originally posted by mermaid53

If that was a big concern they should have gotten a PO BOx or rented a private mail box for that purpose.

There's a 3 year waiting list for PO Boxes. Private is limited and not cheap.

Then accept the fact that you are using your personal mail address in this public way. I rented a private box for 3 months for a non profit for less than $50 not that long ago. Annual rent wasn't much more.

RE: HPP board recall petition - mermaid53 - 10-17-2016

$50 is $50...as I said earlier, the expense of doing a recall is coming out of member's pockets.

Which private mailbox did you use for anyone else who may be able to use this information? You said for a non profit...how would that work in a situation as this?

RE: HPP board recall petition - shockwave rider - 10-17-2016

I used the mailbox and shipping company that was in Keaau, I don't know if they are still there. I just rented the box in my name and directed them to accept mail sent to the non profit.

RE: HPP board recall petition - jrw - 10-17-2016

You could use good old general delivery if it such a big deal to make mailing address public no cost there.

jrw

RE: HPP board recall petition - TomK - 10-17-2016

"The mailing adrs is actively used by a lot owner who lives here in the park. Would any of you like your mailing adrs plastered up on a chat room forum? It's a matter of ethics. The reason behind it was to abate negative and retaliatory actions. This person has already been accosted when picking up their mail. Need I say more!???"

As you brought up ethics, I'd like to know how this "committee" obtained the mailing addresses of people. As Pauhana mentioned, addresses can be found via http://qpublic9.qpublic.net/hi_hawaii_search.php but there's no way to do a search to find individual information via mailing address.

RE: HPP board recall petition - TomK - 10-17-2016

"Wanted to correct my initial response on this thread which prompted the above comment. The petition offered that if a Dist 5 member had a question, they could write to the mailing address provided and they would receive a response. An Email option was there only IF the member provided it."

And if a district 5 member didn't receive the petition and only learned about it here, how are they supposed to write that letter to a mailing address they don't know?

RE: HPP board recall petition - mermaid53 - 10-18-2016

TomK:
As you brought up ethics, I'd like to know how this "committee" obtained the mailing addresses of people. As Pauhana mentioned, addresses can be found via http://qpublic9.qpublic.net/hi_hawaii_search.php but there's no way to do a search to find individual information via mailing address.

And if a district 5 member didn't receive the petition and only learned about it here, how are they supposed to write that letter to a mailing address they don't know?

Wow. And the heat goes on.....
TomK, members are provided a recall petition process in HPP's bylaws when they wish to remove their district director. It's being handled according to our bylaws. If you don't support this you can look the other way and/or make a proposal to the Bylaw Committee to change it.

There was a recall table set up at the last membership meeting. If there's anyone from Dist 5 who hasn't received a petition and wishes to participate, come to the next membership mtg on Sunday Oct 30th at 3 PM. You can pick up a petition there. If you can't make it, maybe a neighbor or friend of yours can pick one up.

RE: HPP board recall petition - shockwave rider - 10-18-2016

quote:
Originally posted by mermaid53

TomK:

Wow. And the heat goes on.....
TomK, members are provided a recall petition process in HPP's bylaws when they wish to remove their district director. It's being handled according to our bylaws. If you don't support this you can look the other way and/or make a proposal to the Bylaw Committee to change it.

There was a recall table set up at the last membership meeting. If there's anyone from Dist 5 who hasn't received a petition and wishes to participate, come to the next membership mtg on Sunday Oct 30th at 3 PM. You can pick up a petition there. If you can't make it, maybe a neighbor or friend of yours can pick one up.

Just to clarify, does that process include access to mailing addresses? If so, why did only some people in that district get letters? I think Tom's question is perfectly legitimate, the post that included the return address for the petition was the first many of us had heard of this recall, and I think that includes people who would support a recall.

RE: HPP board recall petition - mermaid53 - 10-18-2016

shockwave rider: If so, why did only some people in that district get letters? I think Tom's question is perfectly legitimate, the post that included the return address for the petition was the first many of us had heard of this recall, and I think that includes people who would support a recall.

Most members in Dist 5 should've gotten their petitions. As I've already stated, if you were at the last membership mtg, it was announced that a recall process had begun, and a table was set up with petitions. Chas lives in the mainland, doesn't go to many mtgs as he/she stated in their post but received their petition.

Only Dist 5 would've been sent petitions. There is no platform on the HPP website to notify members of anything, let alone the start of a recall petition. The board mtg agenda for this Wed's board mtg isn't even posted! The board wouldn't assist either in getting the word out.

Question to you and TomK: If you wanted to get signatures for a required recall petition, how would you go about it? Walk the streets handing petitions out, sit on street corners in the sun/rain waiting for passersby? Risk walking onto properties to hand out petitions? What would you do? You have to acquire a minimum of 200 signatures to prompt a recall ballot process. There are over 850 lot owners in each district, half of them live in the mainland or elsewhere. What would you do???? Maybe you two can be part of the solution of how to do it differently. I'll be anxiously awaiting for your suggestions. There may be others that want to do a recall on their rep so it would be helpful to them as well.

RE: HPP board recall petition - shockwave rider - 10-18-2016

I would start by creating an email address and mailing address for the purpose of the recall, maybe even a freeby website or facebook page. Then I would publicize those contact points with flyers posted at the mailboxes, on this forum, on the HPP related facebook pages, and through like minded individuals. The coconut wireless would do the rest.

Look, I agree with the recall, Tom may too, but I think those working for the recall have been defensive as heck on this thread, especially with Tom, who asked a legitimate question and was responded to as if he was on the attack. The first step in grassroots organizing is to not alienate potential allies.