Punaweb Forum
HPP Chip Sealed Roads - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: HPP Chip Sealed Roads (/showthread.php?tid=18718)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: HPP Chip Sealed Roads - kalakoa - 09-03-2017

Does this sound like a professional and well thought out CS plan that could cost us millions of dollars for a substandard job?

The plan to bilk HPPOA out of its members' money is obviously both professional and well-thought-out.

It's just too bad "roads" were never part of that plan.

RE: HPP Chip Sealed Roads - leo - 09-03-2017

it's weird to see the new reps trying to fix this mess, while the old board who created this mess sits at the same table.

If they had any conscience left, they'd resign.

The plan to bilk HPPOA out of its members' money is obviously both professional and well-thought-out.

Is this sarcasm? Then why are their misdeeds so blatantly obvious?

RE: HPP Chip Sealed Roads - Obie - 09-03-2017

Ok You outed me.

I'm a female former board member and I have bad news !!!

We have skimmed millions from the HPP bank accounts and will use that money to buy the assets of HPP when it goes through bankruptcy court.

The assets are the roads.

Once we own the roads we will be setting up toll booths to raise money to maintain the roads. $2.00 per day, we will have senior discounts and monthly passes !

RE: HPP Chip Sealed Roads - leilanidude - 09-03-2017

obie, considering that we met a few years ago, I find this hilarious. When is the gender change operation?
LMAO...

Not soon !

RE: HPP Chip Sealed Roads - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 09-03-2017

Ok You outed me.
toll booths
we will have senior discounts and monthly passes !

Obie,
I for one support your right to identify as you choose or as others choose for you, as the case may be.
Especially if I qualify for one of the discounts you offer!
Mahalo!

The Donner Party really wasn't that great of a party, was it?

You get the early bird discount.

RE: HPP Chip Sealed Roads - mermaid53 - 09-03-2017

quote:
Originally posted by Obie

Ok You outed me.

We have skimmed millions from the HPP bank accounts and will use that money to buy the assets of HPP when it goes through bankruptcy court.

The assets are the roads.

Once we own the roads we will be setting up toll booths to raise money to maintain the roads. $2.00 per day, we will have senior discounts and monthly passes !

Well actually you outed me first Obie, and then I outed you.

It's a good step forward in telling the truth about who you are but maybe you give your board friends way too much credit.

Chip seal is for drive ways not roads .. do you guys have developmentaly disabled people running the board down there?

Good question. These come to mind... arrogance, unprofessional, reckless, insubordinate, abuse of power, prefer starting from square 1? Maybe we should've had Bylaw Education for those who barely opened a bylaw book...I forgot.. they preferred making up their own rules.

I agree the roads are the assets so why has the past boards neglected them for 3 yrs? The board is supposed to protect our assets. The expensive asphalt roads are showing neglect as well.

RE: HPP Chip Sealed Roads - mermaid53 - 12-05-2017

Update:

If anyone had any doubts that $$$ has gone down the toilet over CS, please take a look at 23rd and 26th between Paradise and Makuu after all the recent rain. The CS was failing shortly after it was laid and here we are approx 6 mos later. The road expert who spoke during owner input at the Aug 2017 board mtg was 100% correct on his assessment. Just as he predicted, we've got potholes running the length of the road down the center. These roads may have to be ripped out and removed...and that will cost more $$$. And this is one of the reasons a forensic analysis is necessary.

Maynard and Mizuba spearheaded the CS project in early 2015 calling it "road maint" and used road maint $$$ for CS. Watchdogs and members tried to warn the board that it was the wrong product for HPP's topography and climate. A previous board had already done the research and that was the conclusion. The 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 majority boards refused to do a "test road" before they started laying CS down en masse. Triple K advised at least 3 layers but the 3 previous majority boards continued w/1 layer to save $ and get more roads done.

I was told firsthand that HPP hadn't been initiating contact w/ the DOH about the progress of our CS roads, as we'd been told by the previous board pres's and GM. Therefore the stories that we had to CS our roads bc DOH was breathing down our necks threatening HPP w/heavy fines wasn't true. The DOH fine issued just this yr Mar was bc DOH investigated a complaint and saw en masse negligence of HPP roads: no road gravel = fugitive dust. And, HPP didn't keep up w/their agreement w/DOH made prior to Jul 2014 to maintain our roads and continue to asphalt roads each yr.

Rumor has it that some of the reps are trying to get CS up and going again. Also former board reps are still pushing for CS implying that any opposition is unwarranted. The GM sd he had advised a diff product back in 2015, but "they" wanted CS. There will be some upcoming investigation through the FC's subcommittee on other options. Remember this is the committee, certain board reps didn't want operating. The FC is working for the association's best interest, not just the board's interest, as had been done in the past. Let's see what other products or remedies are out there. A good gravel road is absolutely doable as the same road expert said as long as the execution of the work is done right (rolling, grading and compaction) and good gravel is used.

RE: HPP Chip Sealed Roads - birdmove - 12-05-2017

Yep. We are on 23rd between Shower and Kaloli. And we drive 26th a lot between Makuu and Paradise. 26th is pretty bad. Looks like a line of potholes right down the center line. As if maybe they laid down one side, then later the other side, and the water is getting in on that line of demarcation?? I don't know?

Jon in Keaau/HPP