Punaweb Forum
Private company plans Puna lava viewing - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Private company plans Puna lava viewing (/showthread.php?tid=20430)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Private company plans Puna lava viewing - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 11-30-2018

The Hot Dog Guy used to park at the Y

On Sunday afternoons I often saw someone selling jewelry under a tent in the intersection.

RE: Private company plans Puna lava viewing - glinda - 11-30-2018

Remember all the folks that lined up at the end of 130 to sell their wares to the tourists going to an active flow into the ocean..

There's something about an active eruption that makes sense to go and see. What is the attraction of a old flow?

Hey.. look over there.. OMG! What?

RE: Private company plans Puna lava viewing - ElysianWort - 11-30-2018

The idea that there is something different about the lava fields in Leilani verses anywhere else on the island is silly.

What is the attraction of a old flow?

I completely agree with you Glinda.

I think Mark also posted awhile back that he could run tours going to the Pahoa dump and tourist could see the same thing back when we talking about that ridiculous ferris wheel. That cracked me up.

It's all about what the tourist sheep are willing to pay for, I'm sure you already know this but it's still astounding... -and laughable. Why is it so obvious to us but not them? Naivety?

RE: Private company plans Puna lava viewing - My 2 cents - 11-30-2018

All I have to do so see cold lava is scrape off a couple inched of soil in my yard. To me, that brand spankin' new beach is a much bigger attraction.

RE: Private company plans Puna lava viewing - Lolo - 11-30-2018

So last week, at the Pahoa transfer station a van filled with tourists parked and everyone got out to take pictures of the pretty lava. One woman asked where the ladies room was. Way too funny. Have no idea who was sponsoring it. I had a job to do. Dump my crap.

RE: Private company plans Puna lava viewing - randomq - 11-30-2018

If some contiguous group of private landowners on the edge of the Leilani flow got together, they could probably make a lot of money selling tours of half-destroyed houses. Tourists want to see not just the lava, but what it can do.

RE: Private company plans Puna lava viewing - Chas - 11-30-2018

What is the attraction of a old flow?

Years ago there was a trail that went out near the edge of Halemaumau. There were a couple of fissures out there that were really cool, with that multi colored, drippy paint looking lava all over the sides.

I’d love to see what fissure 8 looks like inside.

RE: Private company plans Puna lava viewing - Obie - 11-30-2018

"If some contiguous group of private landowners on the edge of the Leilani flow got together, they could probably make a lot of money selling tours of half-destroyed houses. Tourists want to see not just the lava, but what it can do."

I don't see how the county can continue to deny access to private property.

RE: Private company plans Puna lava viewing - dan d - 12-01-2018

I didnt understand the " u will be able to see fissure 8 from pohoiki" from mr kim.
Kinda like the govener of alaska saying she could see russia from her back door.
Lol

HPP