Punaweb Forum
Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano (/showthread.php?tid=5843)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano - Rob Tucker - 07-05-2009

It was pretty exciting and hair-raising. All five of the protesters took their place in the parade and made their way to the Cooper Center without incident. Two were riding bikes and they didn't fall off or run anybody over. Apparently there were no protesters present to counter protest the Outraged Citizens Of Hawaii.

I did have one of them tell me that they got to Mayor Kenoi and told him they were quite happy with the performance of the PCDP selection committee to which the Mayor responded "Bye, Gotta go!", And he did.

So that is as much of the tale as I can relate. Perhaps more happened out of my line of sight. I know some of them but not all of them. The ones I do know are nice, thoughtful and honest people. Not hateful or deceitful as some might have feared.

All in all it was a very nice 4th of July parade.

RE: Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano - dakine - 07-06-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Hawaii Photo Guy

And so what was it about?
There were riots in the streets! Well, maybe not riots, but there was plenty of people.. in the streets! It was one of them typical small town get out and wave your flag honk your horn balloon carrying sign waving kids and old folks all smiling as they paraded down the sunny (hey it didn't rain!) main drag kind of things. Lots of fun. And yeah.. them damn protesters.. they were there.. I think.. I mean maybe that one group with all that good ol america spirit.. I'm not sure... it all blended so well together into one big kaleidoscope of joyful sights and sounds. Though Rob, who obviously knows more than I, seems to have the details! It just looked like a lot of fun to me.

RE: Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano - centipede - 07-06-2009

Fox News recently showed a clip of protesters at the funeral of a military man who was recently killed in combat. Their signs said "God Hates You". If such a demonstration is allowed, then I guess just about anything goes.

I'm not big on religion, but nonetheless, God Bless America and the rights it has bestowed upon us.

RE: Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano - Guest - 07-06-2009

And let there be light.

centipede,

There you go my friend, a time and a place for everything. "God Hates You" at a hero's funeral, they should be thanking God that I wasn't there. Yep, freedom of speech, if I WERE there I would have exercised my freedom of sign language and talked with my fist [scratch that my hands].

The Lack

The Lack Toons

RE: Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano - Kapohocat - 07-06-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

It was pretty exciting and hair-raising. All five of the protesters took their place in the parade and made their way to the Cooper Center without incident. Two were riding bikes and they didn't fall off or run anybody over....

You just gotta love Puna!! Smile

RE: Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano - james weatherford - 07-06-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Kapohocat

quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

It was pretty exciting and hair-raising. All five of the protesters took their place in the parade and made their way to the Cooper Center without incident. Two were riding bikes and they didn't fall off or run anybody over....

You just gotta love Puna!! Smile

Style, eh?
Smile

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park

RE: Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano - centipede - 07-06-2009

Lack, you would have been kind to those creeps in comparison to what I would like to have done if I were there. The "protest", if you can call it that, personifies the kind of disturbed people there are in the world and it got me very angry and upset to see it. However, I feel it was better to swallow the vomit that was collecting in my throat rather than live in a place that put you in jail for saying anything against government policy because if I ever lived in such a place, I would certainly be in jail (or worse) for some of the things I've said.

quote:
Originally posted by The Lack

And let there be light.

centipede,

There you go my friend, a time and a place for everything. "God Hates You" at a hero's funeral, they should be thanking God that I wasn't there. Yep, freedom of speech, if I WERE there I would have exercised my freedom of sign language and talked with my fist [scratch that my hands].

The Lack

The Lack Toons

RE: Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano - Barbara - 07-07-2009

I gave birth to my 1st child, a daughter, on the 4th of July. It was the day I lost my independence. We celebrate with vigor, on facebook, with Muppet youtube productions, with red white and blue and hotdogs for even you too, Lack. She, too, is an agitator in the Great Tradition! God Bless America!

RE: Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano - centipede - 07-07-2009

Barbara, having a kid is the ONLY acceptable (and wonderful) way to lose one's "independence". I salute you and all the others who willingly make the sacrifice.

RE: Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano - Hawaii Photo Guy - 07-07-2009

How exciting. Thanks for the update. Sorry I missed it but I did enjoy the other events I attended.
Sounds like a typical..lets all not go out and show our support for a cause type demonstration. At least it was talked about on Punaweb Smile