Punaweb Forum
Target Soft opening - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Target Soft opening (/showthread.php?tid=8989)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Target Soft opening - macuu222 - 07-22-2011

Spunky....Thanks. Safeway has never sold that cat food for that price until Target opened. Funny how they beat Targets lowest price by just one penny. Now Walmart's cat food is way overpriced.... which means they either lower it or it sits there and no one buys it.

Again...I love competition!!!

RE: Target Soft opening - Kapohocat - 07-22-2011

We happened to be in town on the 20th and went to Target. Parking lot was a little crowded but the store hadnt been open 1/2 day then. Lots of great deals, was disappointed in their selection of solar lights (their website has a lot more!). Bought couple of nice Tshirts for Robert but they are "slimfit" and he isnt. I was pleasantly surprised at customer service and got them returned 7/21 in about 2 mins. C/S clerk told me those shirts are "slim fit" and she also needed a size larger for her husband, so she suggested the other brand.

Overall, lots of clerks, very helpful, and I got a metal rack that at HD and Walmart both was about $20 more.

Also the beddign and towel selection is incredible! But I had to restrain myself as I have more than enough of both. One note though, Target had plain beach towels on sale on end cap, but Cost U less had thicker nicer ones for similar price.

RE: Target Soft opening - nortonh - 07-22-2011

We found their prices much more than any store in the area.... AND they do not carry catchment (water) filters!! Very limited in the hardware area, too!
I think we just have to give them time!!!

I'd rather be a wise ass than a dumb ass!!!

RE: Target Soft opening - Kapohocat - 07-22-2011

We were just talking about the fact that they have no garden outdoor center either.

RE: Target Soft opening - tada - 07-22-2011

I still think Walgreen has the best pharmacy section- also they had garden solar lights for $2. But so staid no other gardening and fishing section. Look so much smaller than Border's inside but look like Border's going chap7 all over the country now.

RE: Target Soft opening - macuu222 - 07-22-2011

Yes...we asked the manager point blank about not finding the garden center. He said they don't have one.

RE: Target Soft opening - kani-lehua - 07-22-2011

We went yesterday (late afternoon). Parking lot was full. Every register was open and we checked out with ease. Liked their fresh produce department. Was a little bummed that there wasn't a garden/outdoor dept. All in all, the experience was good.

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

RE: Target Soft opening - spunky - 07-22-2011

macuu - hate to burst your bubble but I got the the safeway cat food sale price about 5 or 6 weeks ago - can add it to your safeway card on the Just for you program. But if youhappen to go to Costco you can get a case of Friskies with price per can at .43 cents.

Can you tell I have multiple cats? LOL I also have multiple dogs so I am always all over finding the cheapest yet good quality dog and cat food.

Overall, I was happy with Target. Really happy to see them in Hilo.

RE: Target Soft opening - macuu222 - 07-23-2011

Spunky...Ok..maybe I missed that. And I did know about Costco prices as well as Petco prices. But am wanting to avoid the trip over there every month (and the fuel cost). At least Target's pet food prices don't rise and fall every week like safeways.

RE: Target Soft opening - Chuysmom - 07-27-2011

Haven't been there yet, but I love Target. It doesn't surprise me no outdoor/garden area since HD AND WallyWorld both have them. No need. They usually have much more in home decorating, bed/bath, etc.

Sounds like overall it's been a positive thing for everyone who went. Mahalo!

Carrie