Punaweb Forum
dues dues dues - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: dues dues dues (/showthread.php?tid=13783)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: dues dues dues - birchl - 06-16-2014

I also vote against mandatory dues. Not only do they penalize the poor, they also promote the 'gentrification' of subdivisions such as these. I do not want to live on rd 8. The property values are much higher, the amenities much better but I do not want a highway outside a home chosen partly precisely because it was in the middle of nowhere. The new hook up plans call for improvements to G not F, and although I feel sorry for the residence of G, I am grateful that is the direction of the conversations so far. Maybe each street should vote on its own improvements? There must be at least one of these cross roads that are more concerned with increasing their property value and ease of access? Maybe the further back you go the more resistance to change there is? With that logic maybe C should be the one that gets real improvement.

#10048;

RE: dues dues dues - kalakoa - 06-16-2014

I also vote against mandatory dues. ... I do not want to live on rd 8.

Ironically, Road 8 is "County Recognized" (their words), so theoretically maintained with public funds, which are raised with "mandatory" fuel tax revenue, not "private" road dues.

Except that County doesn't bother doing any actual maintenance on Road 8 proper -- but they do maintain other parts of the EAR ("Road A" and Ainaloa Blvd).

RE: dues dues dues - gogould - 06-16-2014

For the amount of money the dues are set at and the fact that they are voluntary it is not likely that there will be some kind of massive road program that changes Hawaiian Acres forever.

To me it looks more like crisis management money for what is here with less maintenance than is customary for country roads. There will still be potholes and band aided trouble spots with rare times that the roads are better than usual.

What will it take to make the lawsuits stop?

RE: dues dues dues - Tink - 06-16-2014

"What will it take to make the lawsuits stop?"
When they realize how far the lawyer retainer fee will buy them in material for the front of their house and towards the highway.

Are you a human being, or a human doing?

RE: dues dues dues - kalakoa - 06-16-2014

What will it take to make the lawsuits stop?

Better question: what will it take to at least point lawsuits in the right direction?

RE: dues dues dues - justthefacts - 06-16-2014

birch, you need to get your facts straight before you post inaccurate, untruthful information. you simply dont know what you are talking about or whom you are linking into your post .
get the truth about things before you type out a nonfactual story .
always , criticism of america, sad .
america is a great country , it is a country that allows people to acquire grants, free school, live free without working, even enter the country illegally and work without papers, wouldnt you agree lots of benefits. so if your not happy with the american way you know what to do.

RE: dues dues dues - 2bad4u - 06-16-2014

Birch....you really need to slow your roll. You have no idea what you are talking about
yet have been all over the Internet, smearing people. What is your problem ?
Justthefacts was quite correct when she warned you could wind up with your own legal problems. I don't know where it is exactly you are from but you have access to a library at the U.H, spend some time there looking up American law. Put that free education to work for you..

RE: dues dues dues - bananahead - 06-17-2014

in the 7 years Ive been here in HA, I have NEVER once seen a single grain of gravel dropped, spread, grated, etc. on Rd 2 between C and B... aka '69 puddle drive' or 'River 2' when it rains Wink

the day I see some actually work on 'MY' actual road is the day Im willing to pay more $$$....
until then dream on....

PS I keep the road in front of my place nice, smooth and not a single hole of water... more people should try to do this in HA... Im also near the end of the road and have less overall traffic so its easy, but the entrance to my road is full of water holes up to 1.5' deep, ridges that bottom out any car with a wider wheel base, and with its rough pahoehoe lava texture and lack of any gravel looks to have never had any work done since the days they were cut back in 1959...

but I only drive about 6/10ths of a mile on this 'bad' road and have never seen a speeder drive by more than 8 MPH so am somewhat happy, because of this....

my only wish.... It would be nice to get the higher ridges surrounding the 'bufoponds' knocked down that bottom out cars on my road.. I can live w/ the rest of the faults and constant standing water

aloha

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha

RE: dues dues dues - Guest - 07-03-2014

WOW , THIS WOULD BE SUCH A HAPPIER PLACE ,, IF SOME OF OUR POSTERS WOULD JUST GO AWAY,,, I TRULY LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU GUYS AND TALKING TO YOU THRU THE FORUM,,, I NOW THAT JUST A FEW OF THE OLD HAGS HERE HAVE IRRATATED ME ENOUGHT TO BE RUDE IN MY RESPONSES,,,,TO ALL YOU GOOD FOLKS IM SORRY !!!!!

TO THE FEW THAT JUST PISS ME OFF WITH THIER IGNORANT DELUSIONS AND COMMENTS ALONG WITH STIRRING THE CAULDREN JUST FOR THIER FUN !!!!!! YOU GUYS CAN JUST GET OLD AND DIE OFF,,,ILL GET ALONG WITH YOUR KIDS WAY BETTER !

RE: dues dues dues - kalakoa - 07-03-2014

At this point I would settle for NOT POSTING IN ALL CAPS.