Punaweb Forum
Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? (/showthread.php?tid=20559)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - SBH - 01-14-2019

quote:
Originally posted by Mimosa

EW- A true puna drought is when there is a waiting line of vehicles at Kurtistown spigots-at 2am-3am of those of us filling our 500 gallon tanks and the water hauler trucks are working 24/7 and have a 2 week back log of orders .

You previously said you have a 1000 gallon stainless water tank on top of a 50’ tower. Now you say you go to the County water spigots with a 500 gallon water tank at 3 am which would weigh over two tons when filled. I suppose you have a Kenworth semi truck too?

I disconnected my catchment for 4 months during the eruption and still had over 6000 gallons left.

It doesn’t rain for a few days and people are already using the D word after getting 20’ of rain last year?

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - Mimosa - 01-14-2019

SBH- Peter-built and not a KW.
We sold the older homes to other ohana and they now have the elevated tanks and homes - which by the way is none of your business.
When not dry times we switch back to dump truck for hauling aggregates or soils or logs on the flatbed with it's own crane lift.
Our water capacity now is concrete under ground of over a million gallons for home use and irrigation of our orchards .
Disconnecting is smart during dry spells .
Seriously doubt this rain band will make it to east side of this island other than overcast sprinkles.
The Japanese current is in a larger motion to the east than the last 50 years.The magnetic poles are shifting in duration and strength.

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - Obie - 01-14-2019

"Our water capacity now is concrete under ground of over a million gallons "

A water tank of this capacity would cost over 1.5 million dollars.

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 01-14-2019

over a million gallons "

Imagine...
A 10 thousand gallon water tank times 10 = 100,000 gallons, times 10 = 1 million gallons. So that’s the equivalent of 100 ten thousand gallon water tanks, dug into lava, because it’s underground.

the Yellowstone caldera and many new fumaroles in said area,
The land surface has swelled upwards over 800 feet at it's highest elevation

Could the weight of the 1 million gallon water tank in Puna pushing at the earths interior be the interconnected cause of surface swelling in Yellowstone? One answer is yes, it could be.

Another answer is no, probably not.

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - randomq - 01-14-2019

Well I've got you all beat: I've attached my UV filtration system directly to my cesspool. Now we'll never run out of water! Our morning coffee is much more flavorful as well; we may bottle it for sale at the market!

Now now, before you all start to criticize, we will be using glass bottles not plastic. So if you see a brown liquid in a glass bottle, you know it came from our ohana!

Drought ends Friday.

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - ElysianWort - 01-14-2019

Wow Mrs. Mimosa that is the biggest water tank I've ever heard of in Hawaiian Acres.
Anyone know how big the county reservoirs are? Like say that huge green one on the mauka side of the road between Pahoa and Leilani Estates?

And Randomq it sounds like you have a set up similar to the astronauts. That is actually practiced by them with their high tech purifier. And yes, of course I do smell the sarcasm. My sniffer is very keen to it on PunaWeb.

Roger-roger to your Friday drought end prediction R-Q. As I mentioned, and Mrs. Mimosa reiterated, the fronts rarely make it to our our side of the island this time of year. I'll make a friendly wager with you that it doesn't rain more than a half inch on Friday (if anything at all).

Cary Fincher may he rest in peace on Rd 1 in HA built a half million gallon catchment under his home. Ask sheldon or Peter epperson - they know- our costs are far less than your funny guessing .
A million gallons to irrigate with is nothing - the returns though are astounding and year round - currently can not keep up with demand .

At the moment we have over 400 full time employees and 150 half time workers .
Our orchards are in full production
40 years of planting trees and veg is paying divinely .
The only thing we are lacking is sleep.

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - randomq - 01-15-2019

Mimosa, are the hundreds of employees, orchards, and million gallon catchment at the property you just moved to on 8 rd? Please thank the employees for carpooling and not creating a traffic nightmare every morning. Or do they live onsite?

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - ElysianWort - 01-15-2019

Wow!

Not really on topic of my thread but I do not mind one bit:

550 employees coming to Hawaiian Acres properties? Uh, okay. The only word that comes to mind is... possibly incredulous?

Mrs. Mimosa if that really is true, RQ has some valid points about cars and traffic.

I'm not sure I buy it. It really doesn't matter and isn't really any of my business but you went ahead and posted those numbers here Mrs. Mimosa so you kinda started it.