Punaweb Forum
Youth Climate Strike Hawaii - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Youth Climate Strike Hawaii (/showthread.php?tid=20744)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Youth Climate Strike Hawaii - glinda - 03-16-2019

The whole scoop is here..

Your point is?

RE: Youth Climate Strike Hawaii - Old Croc - 03-16-2019

Point: As these prophesies have not come to pass, I don't believe Hawaii's children should be that engaged in this issue at this time. I believe they should do more studying first. I believe that for the people of Hawaii, a higher priority is the problem of all the trash dumped into the Pacific by Asian countries.

Point...

Ah, I see. Thankfully they're listening to science..

RE: Youth Climate Strike Hawaii - Old Croc - 03-16-2019

Would that be the science behind these prophecies?

Old Croc - I suspect you are trying to make an argument for denying the commonly understood changes happening with the climate. As such all I can only offer is my condolences. I am sorry you are unable to assess the situation and face the facts. Hopefully you'll figure it out. Good luck.

RE: Youth Climate Strike Hawaii - EightFingers - 03-16-2019

A (child’s) mind is a terrible thing to waste.

RE: Youth Climate Strike Hawaii - TomK - 03-16-2019

Old Croc wrote:

"Point: As these prophesies have not come to pass, I don't believe Hawaii's children should be that engaged in this issue at this time. I believe they should do more studying first. I believe that for the people of Hawaii, a higher priority is the problem of all the trash dumped into the Pacific by Asian countries."

And as we've already seen in this thread, there are local kids trying their best to address trash dumped into the Pacific, but then their efforts are trashed by some people here.

Let's make it simple. Local kids should be encouraged to become educated and take part in the future of the islands. If that doesn't happen, or is discouraged by their so-called elders here, the future will consist of people like RWR posting utter gibberish to each other and Hawaii remaining a backwater in the modern world. I'm sure some people want that but they are being selfish and stunting their kids' future.

RE: Youth Climate Strike Hawaii - Guest - 03-16-2019

Pretty apparent who doesn't have kids on this thread. Or even has interactions with them.

"We're going to build a really tall ladder to reach the moon or even touch the sky", mind u these are 12/13 year olds .what u gonna tell them ?

$chooling and education are two different things diba?

No valid argument or counterpoint ? Project upon and peck at the messenger in lieu.

RE: Youth Climate Strike Hawaii - Guest - 03-16-2019

Bottom line our keiki deserve the truth.

RE: Youth Climate Strike Hawaii - Old Croc - 03-17-2019

quote:
Old Croc - I suspect you are trying to...
Your suspicion is wrong. I stated my point. Hopefully you've figured out that not all of these self-assessed experts on climatology have used science as the basis for their predictions, which is why children should study before parroting someone's talking points, so they don't become--as Lenin called them--Useful Idiots.