Punaweb Forum
Attention!!! - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Attention!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9528)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Attention!!! - Kapohocat - 11-30-2011

quote:
Originally posted by whalesong

What good does it do to stay bitter? It only prolongs us from getting better and finding solutions to help those in need!
Yes, the U.S. citizens have arrived at not being able to take care of the poorest because they now have become poor and the middle class are being eliminated one by one
They have never had to experience being poor or be on the receiving end of needing to get food and shelter from other resources to survive....

We are lucky we live in Hawaii because when we are jobless we have time and weather to grow food year-round or fish. A garden can eliminate a good portion of our food bill and not give our $$$'s to the large corporations. We have so many free things we can do for recreation, too.

Here on the Big Island, it isn't a stigma for households to be multi-generational, and helping each other out. We don't seem to need the 4500 SF house that only two people live in and can barely afford the mortgage or are upside down on their loan. Our county just needs to move to the future and realize the ohana needs an ohana.

Yes, our country has some serious issues but if we all thought like Pam, at least here on the Big Island, we could keep our life better. And although I am a Ron Paul supporter too, we need to get our local government to wake up and smell the overflowing trash can, and do something real and for the people of this county.

RE: Attention!!! - jrbotti - 11-30-2011

I think what most of the "1%" fails to realize is that, yes, you should pay more tax on everything. You (the 1%) use more of everything than the rest of us. You can afford to drive around in gas-guzzling cars that tear up roads. You have money to invest, and these investments require more government regulators. You have the money to fly around on vacations, and that requires TSA agents, federally paid air-traffic controllers.

The rest of us stay put since we can not afford to partake in these activities. We do not require nearly the amount of services that are paid for by tax dollars. We do not require much police coverage since we do not have things that others want to steal.

Please think about these things. The well-off always seem to be put-off when they are asked to pay more, not realizing that they consume more. So, is it really good logic to say we should all pay the same taxes when we do not use and consume the same?

RE: Attention!!! - uneedawish - 11-30-2011

[quote]Originally posted by pog

ATTENTION !!! Is what uneedawash is seeking ...

Happily inside my recession proof bubble,
pog
ATTENTION!!! Your a Republican Piggy. Enjoy your feed, as long as you have it. The rest of us will be eating it soon. Your an Idiot!

RE: Attention!!! - Guest - 11-30-2011

I moved to the big island because it will be a relatively safe place to weather a major collapse. Believe me, it is coming. learn to fish, hunt, garden and repair your own things. Get all the guns and gold you can, these things will be of great value after a major economic collapse.(and now.) The federal reserve is going to bail out europe, and then we will all go down. Nobody wants to take their medicine, so they put it off, making the inevitable depression worse and worse. Again, the big island will be a relatively safe place, it once supported a population of a million, now it only needs to support 200k. People need to get smart though, I predict most of the people not fully committed to living on the edge of society and supporting themselves will flee back to the mainland. That should leave a lot of mansions and two story houses by the ocean empty. Call me crazy, but you will see, the inflation is only 9% now, wait till it hits 15%, 20%. You have been warned.
Some interesting facts from the past decade:
eduction costs are up 40%
medical costs are up 35%
food costs are up 35%
gas costs are up 50%
The dollar is worth at least 30% less
wages are stagnant.

RE: Attention!!! - dwedeking - 11-30-2011

^^^ this

RE: Attention!!! - otter - 11-30-2011

^^^^^^

RE: Attention!!! - oink - 11-30-2011

Originally posted by jrbotti:
quote:
You can afford to drive around in gas-guzzling cars that tear up roads.
Actually those gas guzzlers pay way more fuel tax thereby helping to maintain the roads.
quote:
You have money to invest, and these investments require more government regulators.
??? I don't know.
quote:
You have the money to fly around on vacations, and that requires TSA agents, federally paid air-traffic controllers.

The rest of us stay put since we can not afford to partake in these activities.
It's not just the 1% flying its largely the middle class and lower middle class that's flying. It is probably true that many of the people who are not gainfully employed can't afford to fly. As a member of the middle or lower middle class I'm thankful for those that can afford to fly 1st class. They help keep the prices for coach reasonable.
quote:
We do not require nearly the amount of services that are paid for by tax dollars. We do not require much police coverage since we do not have things that others want to steal.
Total bull sh:t! The rich and even many of the upper middle class largely live in gated communities with private security. There are virtually no police resources expended on them. The less affluent neighborhoods receive a very extreme disproportionate share of all emergency services, police, fire and rescue. Also the less affluent neighborhoods enjoy much better response times from all emergency services. The affluent neighborhoods, per person, pay much more local taxes. It's the affluent, along with businesses that provide much of the local tax base. The less affluent neighborhoods are a huge tax drain, as are the less affluent rural areas. The rural areas because emergency services are more expensive to provide, per capita, in low density areas.

quote:
Please think about these things.
Yes do, but please use your brain.
quote:
The well-off always seem to be put-off when they are asked to pay more, not realizing that they consume more.
They already pay more. The question should be how much more are they expected to pay.
quote:
So, is it really good logic to say we should all pay the same taxes when we do not use and consume the same?
Well, maybe not, but we already don't.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

RE: Attention!!! - PaulW - 11-30-2011

"guns and gold"

Maybe one day our growing band of Survivalists in Hawaii will become a
tourist attraction, much like the Amish in Pennsylvania.

When do you give up predicting the imminent end of society as we know it?
I've been hearing this for decades.

quote:
Originally posted by oink

Originally posted by jrbotti:
quote:
You can afford to drive around in gas-guzzling cars that tear up roads.
Actually those gas guzzlers pay way more fuel tax thereby helping to maintain the roads.
quote:
You have money to invest, and these investments require more government regulators.
??? I don't know.
quote:
You have the money to fly around on vacations, and that requires TSA agents, federally paid air-traffic controllers.

The rest of us stay put since we can not afford to partake in these activities.
It's not just the 1% flying its largely the middle class and lower middle class that's flying. It is probably true that many of the people who are not gainfully employed can't afford to fly. As a member of the middle or lower middle class I'm thankful for those that can afford to fly 1st class. They help keep the prices for coach reasonable.
quote:
We do not require nearly the amount of services that are paid for by tax dollars. We do not require much police coverage since we do not have things that others want to steal.
Total bull sh:t! The rich and even many of the upper middle class largely live in gated communities with private security. There are virtually no police resources expended on them. The less affluent neighborhoods receive a very extreme disproportionate share of all emergency services, police, fire and rescue. Also the less affluent neighborhoods enjoy much better response times from all emergency services. The affluent neighborhoods, per person, pay much more local taxes. It's the affluent, along with businesses that provide much of the local tax base. The less affluent neighborhoods are a huge tax drain, as are the less affluent rural areas. The rural areas because emergency services are more expensive to provide, per capita, in low density areas.

quote:
Please think about these things.
Yes do, but please use your brain.
quote:
The well-off always seem to be put-off when they are asked to pay more, not realizing that they consume more.
They already pay more. The question should be how much more are they expected to pay.
quote:
So, is it really good logic to say we should all pay the same taxes when we do not use and consume the same?
Well, maybe not, but we already don't.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

In the words of your Vice-Mine Fuhrer Dick Cheney, SO!
You WILL pay your fair share, like it or NOT!
THE WINDS OF CHANGE CONTINUE!
Obama 2012 - Hilary 2016

quote:
Originally posted by liskir

Income tax IS unconstitutional. Ron Paul will do away with the IRS as well as the Federal Reserve. He pledges to be paid $58K annual presidential salary to represent the middle working class. Obama and Hilary will yield the same BS. Voting parties is unintelligent. Get to know the candidates, what they stand for, and vote the individual, not the flawed party platform. Occupy with Aloha and get involved. Your children and grandchildren's future depend on it.

Ron Paul will never be president. Like it or not a Democrat or a Republican candidate will be president in 2012. Also, if you are a Ron Paul supporter, you do not belong at our OCCUPY PROTESTS. Check when another Tea Party meeting is held, if you can find one!
Obama 2012 - Hilary 2016