Punaweb Forum
Discoveries using the telescopes on Mauna Kea - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Discoveries using the telescopes on Mauna Kea (/showthread.php?tid=17412)

RE: Discoveries by the telescopes on Mauna Kea - TomK - 04-27-2017

Gypsy, enough with the hijacking attempts. This thread is about the discoveries made by the MK observatories, not one about the TMT controversy. Please have some respect.

RE: Discoveries by the telescopes on Mauna Kea - Guest - 04-27-2017

TomK, Good evening. I mentioned in my post that I thought the telescopes on Mauna Wakea helped rediscover the pride, aloha and nation of the Hawaiian people. Their gathering was incredible and moving. jmo

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/04/science/hawaii-thirty-meter-telescope-mauna-kea.html?_r=0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7EQ2--BA0A

RE: Discoveries by the telescopes on Mauna Kea - glassnumbers - 04-27-2017

NOPE. THIS IS NOT RELEVANT TO TOMK'S POST. HE SAID "PLEASE STOP HIJACKING IN REGARDS TO TMT CONTROVERSY." PLEASE STOP PRETENDING TO BE CIVIL WHEN IN REALITY YOU ARE TAKING EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO IGNORE OTHER PEOPLE TO SPOUT YOUR OWN IGNORANT BULL****. I'm getting really fed up with people on this board NOT EVEN ****ING READING. Why do you even bother to post if you're not going to even read the responses that people give? What the ****?

Aloha Smile

RE: Discoveries by the telescopes on Mauna Kea - kalakoa - 04-27-2017

IGNORE OTHER PEOPLE TO SPOUT YOUR OWN IGNORANT BULL****

lol, I don't think you want to be making threats.

what is it with lack of reading comprehension on these boards? that isn't a threat.

Aloha Smile

RE: Discoveries by the telescopes on Mauna Kea - dmbwest - 04-27-2017

"enough " > Says the hypocrite asking for Robs forgiveness to post something off subject just above it. ... LOL TomK.

Gypsy, I want to thank you for taking time out to write that well written and thought provoking piece above.

Excited to discover some lunch / dinner trucks up there.
aloha,
pog

RE: Discoveries by the telescopes on Mauna Kea - opihikao - 04-27-2017

Mahalo for this interesting information...to both Tom and Gypsy.

Respect goes both ways, and it is up to each individual to either give respect (not demand it) to each other, or not.

Been a while since I read and chimed in here on PW, as the banter has become extreme; to the point of "why bother?".

Tonight, as I reflect on the history of Punaweb, and the wonderful people here (for the most part), no matter the differences, one should not ever expect "discoveries"/opinions are superior to the other. Humility does prevail, as expressing wise, educated, opinions.

There are many discoveries on Mauna Kea, and the telescopes provide so much valuable scientific information. The other "discoveries" come from civil discussion, in order to move forward.

Apologies for the "off topic", however, there are times where two worlds can exist as one, if basic respect is shown to all. We can only hope that will be/become the case here in Hawai'i (and on Punaweb).

With due respect to all.

JMO.

There's a difference between the respect you genuinely give, and the fake respect that Gypsy gives in order to hijack a thread, as the asshole has clearly done since we are having this conversation at all.

Aloha Smile

RE: Discoveries by the telescopes on Mauna Kea - opihikao - 04-27-2017

quote:
Originally posted by glassnumbers

NOPE. THIS IS NOT RELEVANT TO TOMK'S POST. HE SAID "PLEASE STOP HIJACKING IN REGARDS TO TMT CONTROVERSY." PLEASE STOP PRETENDING TO BE CIVIL WHEN IN REALITY YOU ARE TAKING EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO IGNORE OTHER PEOPLE TO SPOUT YOUR OWN IGNORANT BULL****. I'm getting really fed up with people on this board NOT EVEN ****ING READING. Why do you even bother to post if you're not going to even read the responses that people give? What the ****?

Aloha Smile

Wow! In reading your posts (ALL of them...welcome to Punaweb, and our island in a few days, I understand), your verve, and "new energy" was almost palatable.

Please do not say "aloha", when you don't mean it; like in the above comment. It is really offensive to us kanaka maoli (7-8 generations here on this moku; if not more). People who move here and try to use our language improperly is beyond comprehension, and truly intolerable.

Again, e kala mai for the OT. A new "discovery" on PW, as it were. SMH.

JMO.

P.S. Did not see your last post, and sometimes, one sees who they are when describing another. SMH, again. Now, I am pau.

RE: Discoveries by the telescopes on Mauna Kea - dmbwest - 04-27-2017

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  20:50:32      by glassnumbers

There's a difference between the respect you genuinely give, and the fake respect that Gypsy gives in order to hijack a thread, as the asshole has clearly done since we are having this conversation at all.

Aloha Smile

... by  by glassnumbers