Punaweb Forum
Nēnē Gosling Death Points To Disease Carried By Feral Cats - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Nēnē Gosling Death Points To Disease Carried By Feral Cats (/showthread.php?tid=23327)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Nēnē Gosling Death Points To Disease Carried By Feral Cats - HiloJulie - 05-04-2024

(05-04-2024, 03:16 AM)Wao nahele wahine Wrote: HiloJulie...understand the difference between kane and wahine?

Yes, I do Ms Wao. Which, when I realized that I made that error, I corrected it immediately. Even corrected it BEFORE you replied.

RE: Nēnē Gosling Death Points To Disease Carried By Feral Cats - Wao nahele kane - 05-04-2024

(05-04-2024, 03:03 AM)HiloJulie Wrote: Here is an updated news release. On the bottom of the release, there are several links for other information with the last one saying:

USGS Necropsy report:

Attached 

Yet there is no attachment. Taking HOTPE’s sound advice, I have emailed Mister Dennison asking to see if I could get a copy of it. 

https://governor.hawaii.gov/newsroom/dlnr-news-release-the-sad-story-of-a-nene-gosling-prompts-action-in-hilo-park-may-1-2024/

And sorry Ms Wao, but with that attitude, I clearly have to fulfill my duty and report you to the authorities. 

Rubbish indeed.

Trying to insult me by misgendering me and then trying to scare me by threatening to turn me in for expressing my opinion isn't going to scare me off. 
And just so you know, the article you linked to uses the word implicate, which is not the same as a definitive causation. This could mean that there was trace evidence of presence and or organ damage consistent with said parasite. As an example, It could have been ill from the parasite and died from sunstroke through exposure.

RE: Nēnē Gosling Death Points To Disease Carried By Feral Cats - 'elepaio - 05-04-2024

Brian > The first is the truth.

On point as always Wahine.

Oh and let's not forget the Pesky ' io and pueo. Little fuzzys being favorite.

But doesn't fit the narrative.

RE: Nēnē Gosling Death Points To Disease Carried By Feral Cats - HiloJulie - 05-04-2024

(05-04-2024, 03:38 AM)Wao nahele kane Wrote:
(05-04-2024, 03:03 AM)HiloJulie Wrote: Here is an updated news release. On the bottom of the release, there are several links for other information with the last one saying:

USGS Necropsy report:

Attached 

Yet there is no attachment. Taking HOTPE’s sound advice, I have emailed Mister Dennison asking to see if I could get a copy of it. 

https://governor.hawaii.gov/newsroom/dlnr-news-release-the-sad-story-of-a-nene-gosling-prompts-action-in-hilo-park-may-1-2024/

And sorry Ms Wao, but with that attitude, I clearly have to fulfill my duty and report you to the authorities. 

Rubbish indeed.

Trying to insult me by misgendering me and then trying to scare me by threatening to turn me in for expressing my opinion isn't going to scare me off. 
And just so you know, the article you linked to uses the word implicate, which is not the same as a definitive causation. This could mean that there was trace evidence of presence and or organ damage consistent with said parasite. As an example, It could have been ill from the parasite and died from sunstroke through exposure.

Here we go again. What's next, Jewish Space Lazers?

First, I did not intentionally misgender you. I made a typo. I corrected it BEFORE YOU EVEN RESPONDED TO IT. Do you understand that difference?

Further, as I see very prevalent here on PW, nobody reads a thread. They read a certain poster(s) post and react.

My mentioning of reporting you IS NOT a threat. It is a response due to the post of another little flittering bird's comment and I quote:

"BEWARE >> This is the person / neighbor who turns you in folks .BC u not wearing a muzzle in your own yard. Or '___ whatever she no like BC she saw it " on the news""

Perhaps had you read the THREAD and not just my post, maybe you would have known that.

As for the rest of this thread's discussion, when the mongoose gets on the top of this graph, let's talk!

[attachment=237]

RE: Nēnē Gosling Death Points To Disease Carried By Feral Cats - Wao nahele wahine - 05-04-2024

(05-04-2024, 03:25 AM)HiloJulie Wrote:
(05-04-2024, 03:16 AM)Wao nahele wahine Wrote: HiloJulie...understand the difference between kane and wahine?

Yes, I do Ms Wao. Which, when I realized that I made that error, I corrected it immediately. Even corrected it BEFORE you replied.

Check again.  If you need help, feel free to ask how to edit.[attachment=238]

RE: Nēnē Gosling Death Points To Disease Carried By Feral Cats - Wao nahele kane - 05-04-2024

Here's reality with respect to the fall of the Hawaiian Nēnē population...
https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/hisc/info/invasive-species-profiles/mongoose/#:~:text=The%20small%20Indian%20mongoose%20has,and%20Hawaiian%20goose%20(n%C4%93n%C4%93).

(05-04-2024, 04:04 AM)Wao nahele wahine Wrote:

Check again.  If you need help, feel free to ask how to edit.

Um, perhaps maybe a new pair of reading glasses are in order? 

Maybe check again. If you need a good ophthalmologist, I can refer you to one!

OK - now I see the issue here.

AC/DC posters.

OK, you got me.

Apologies to Mr. and Ms. Wao

RE: Nēnē Gosling Death Points To Disease Carried By Feral Cats - Wao nahele wahine - 05-04-2024

(05-04-2024, 04:10 AM)HiloJulie Wrote:

Look at the screenshot...did you make that mistake twice?

(05-04-2024, 04:14 AM)Wao nahele wahine Wrote:

Yes, yes, I did. Did you see my apology?

(05-04-2024, 04:16 AM)HiloJulie Wrote:
(05-04-2024, 04:14 AM)Wao nahele wahine Wrote:
(05-04-2024, 03:25 AM)HiloJulie Wrote: Yes, I do Ms Wao. Which, when I realized that I made that error, I corrected it immediately. Even corrected it BEFORE you replied.

Yes, yes, I did. Did you see my apology?

Yes, I have seen it.