Punaweb Forum
GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! (/showthread.php?tid=1098)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! - Carey - 06-06-2007

Carrie, If they were near the Wailuku, they may have been involved in the search for a swimmer missing since Friday from Boiling Pots.
Todays' paper, pg A7, had a picture of rescue divers & "Chopper 1" along with the story. They had not yet located a body as of Tuesday, but did find an "item of inerest", and would probably be continueing the search this morning.

Edited by - carey on 06/06/2007 19:01:47

RE: GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! - Carolann R - 06-07-2007

Going North on Saddle Road they were circling from possibly boiling pots area to south of Saddle Road...could be.

Carrie

RE: GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! - loffelkopffl - 06-07-2007

yeah monday and tuesday they were terrorizing our neighborhood, it's almost like they were intentionaly flying really low over our houses

RE: GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! - bystander - 06-07-2007

quote:
yeah monday and tuesday they were terrorizing our neighborhood, it's almost like they were intentionaly flying really low over our houses

This makes me think they are trying punish us for getting their funding cut. It just goes to show how arbitrary and capricious the program and it's decision makers are. They really are terrorists. I wonder what the clown in charge was thinking, "we'll get those Puna SOBs for doing this to us".

RE: GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! - oink - 06-07-2007

How can you get involved in the police commission or advisory group or what have you? When I get there I wouild like to be a friend to the police and be involved and try to guide their policys in that manner.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

RE: GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! - oink - 06-10-2007

Well said AkoniV. If only I could get my brother to have that attitude. He is of the same personality type and has not been successful addressing it for many or most of his years. He continues to believe he can "manage" his use of alcohol and drugs. Previously his main issue was certain drugs, but it has been alcohol for the past few years. As he is now 61 YOA I don't see hope of anything changing. For the smokers here, don't take that as a slam. I'm referring to issues he has that he has not come to terms with. Pot is probably the least of his issues, but in his situation it probably is a contributing issue.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

Edited by - oink on 06/11/2007 06:11:44

RE: GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! - scuba_man7 - 06-10-2007

You might think I'm nuts, but the mismanagement of abuse is one of the things about weed being illegal that drives me crazy.

MJ has a relatively low abuse potential, but it still has an abuse potential. If people who used this didn't have to hide in the shadows, there could be a more open discussion about usage levels and abuse and how to avoid it.

But the most frustrating thing was the misguided allocation of resouces to things like green harvest.

If the local politicians wanted to look even more like heroes, they could ask the feds to re-direct that money into an Ice education and diversion program.

RE: GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! - Dave M - 06-10-2007

"end up hanging with scary people that just happen to do ice, coke and a few other things along with the "less harmful" stuff, just to score a bag for myself." (AkoniV)

This was exactly why I stopped smoking. As I got older it was harder and scaryer to pick up a small bag of smoke.

This is one of my pet peeves about the legalization of weed. If you could get it at the beer store or a convienence store it would take the criminal element out of the loop. Not to mention the revenue that could be made through taxes etc..

I understand and a agree with the addictive personality thing. I've had to deal with that all my life. I never have been able to do things in moderation.

Take care,
dave

RE: GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! - Carolann R - 06-10-2007

"In keeping with the situation..." this was just too funny: ("Real stylish in your room or CLOSET" LOL!!)

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/for/348711392.html

Carrie

"All I can say about life is, Oh God, enjoy it." Bob Newhart

Edited by - Carolann R on 06/10/2007 20:59:32

RE: GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! - aprild - 06-12-2007

Hi, Dave & Akoni,
All I can say is that you guys need better friends. I have never in my life heard of anyone needing (or wanting) to go to hard core drug dealers for a little homegrown. I think this is a personal choice you guys made, not what is necessary to find a little weed. Don't you know any hippies? I mean 'real' hippies. Peace, love and good vibe types.

I just had to say this because I hate for people to get all this misinformation and make nasty associations with pot that are certainly not widespread truths (or to venture into dangerous situations). No one has to hang out with junkies, street people, crack or iceheads or even sketchy people in order to smoke pot. In fact, you can very easily grow your own. That's the beauty of the herb.

Jah Rastafari!

april