Punaweb Forum
Long term airport parking has gone up - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Long term airport parking has gone up (/showthread.php?tid=16903)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Long term airport parking has gone up - Guest - 02-18-2016

"People should know the truth.

No GET license means you would also not have insurance to cover any issues..."

Again, another assumption or two.

LOL ... Make sure you get a waiver and check your/their insurance before you ingest anything from that "illegal" Lemonade Stand too.

Thanks Mimosa, you are welcome.
AP

RE: Long term airport parking has gone up - leilanidude - 02-18-2016

Parking lot sits on TMK 210121270000 owned by State. While it's possible that State would risk the liabilities for leasing land to an illegal business, I think it unlikely that TSA would go along with that arrangement.
-------
edit to add:
Kalakoa - you posted the TMK for the legal airport parking facility. See page 1 of this thread for the details on "airportparking"s business.

If that is the case, why would "airportparking" not want anyone to know the details about the business? If it is legit, give out the info and "get" more business.

RE: Long term airport parking has gone up - kalakoa - 02-19-2016

why would "airportparking" not want anyone to know the details about the business?

How about a show of good faith, then? Start by posting your bank statements and a photocopy of your drivers' license.

RE: Long term airport parking has gone up - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 02-19-2016

a show of good faith... bank statements and a photocopy of your drivers' license

I know whenever I go shopping anywhere, the first thing I look for is their State of Hawaii Business License prominently displayed, preferably framed, as I enter their establishment. If it's a restaurant, I ask to see a recent health department inspection, signed and dated. Why just yesterday when at Target, they were only too happy to bring out both their Hawaii State Tax forms and December's Excise Tax filling including the 2015 reconciliation attached. Everything was in order, so I continued my shopping.

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." -Annie Dillard

Hawaii State Tax forms and December's Excise Tax filling including the 2015 reconciliation

What about the Federal filings and their required liability insurance policy?

RE: Long term airport parking has gone up - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 02-19-2016

required liability insurance policy?

Of course.
Have you ever tried to get from your car to the store at Walmart, Target, Home Depo, KTA, or Safeway? And back again? Those parking lots are just an accident waiting to happen. It's not so much anything the stores do per se, but the shoppers in Hilo are KA-CRAZ-EE. If anything were to happen, I'd have to hold the business responsible as they've created an attractive nuisance with their products and constant sales.

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." -Annie Dillard

Those parking lots are just an accident waiting to happen.

An obvious sign of illegal business operation.

RE: Long term airport parking has gone up - alaskyn66 - 02-19-2016

...Perhaps they need Valet parking..

Work..Consume...Obey - There's your meaning of life....

RE: Long term airport parking has gone up - beejee - 02-19-2016

quote:
Originally posted by airportparking

Beejee I don't think I know you, do you live here ?

AP: Yes I live in Hawaii, soon to be on Big Island. Thanks for the info about your available services. Aloha.

RE: Long term airport parking has gone up - terracore - 02-19-2016

Business liability insurance isn't really that expensive. If you are relatively low volume you can generally get 2 million dollars worth of liability insurance (1 million per incident up to 2 incidents a year (ps they might drop you after the first incident)) for only a few hundred dollars per year.

If you can afford to register a single car, you can probably afford a million dollars worth of business liability insurance for any low to medium volume (they use gross sales) operator.

(Above info does not include professional liability insurance like a doctor, lawyer, or investment advisor, etc would need). Personal umbrella policies or homeowners/renters insurance generally do not cover business liabilities. I am not an insurance professional, only a customer.

ETA: edited to clarify that a year's worth of business liability insurance usually costs substantially less than insuring a single car.