Punaweb Forum
Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? (/showthread.php?tid=20559)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - Mimosa - 01-15-2019

not all in HA.
49 acres bought in the 1920s in glenwood.
5 acres down near GH.
20 plus acres in HA acres but not all on rd 8
200 acres up near Kamuela on county water ,
2 of our 3 trucks blew hydrologic lines today.
hauling water 24/7 and not PUC regulated.
the PUC guys MUST deliver with in 72 hours of the order.
Yes the resort kona side are but a small portion of our investments., mainly food production and restaurants along with time share condos .
WE ALSO GIVE GENEROUSLY TO FOOD BASKETS for business deductions.

We are not mono crop oriented.

Our new home on Rd 8 is 35 years in planning . Access Rd 9

at spigots our 1970s Dodge 4x4 dually carries the 500 gallon tanks - 1 gallon water is 8 lbs .
running all night for the last 4 nights for ohana only.

The big rigs are running less .

3 - 10k capacity stainless steel Diesel tanks under ground

time for sleep

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - ElysianWort - 01-16-2019

Now, let's play "my weatherman can beat up your weatherman".

Well great, back to the topic but in my case I'm playing, "I am the weatherman"

Yesterday and this evening KGMB weather has forecast that the front will stall and dissipate at the Big Island and bring East Hawaii very little if any rain.

Hmm that sounds like exactly what I said was going to happen. Want to up the wager randomq?

It doesn’t rain for a few days and people are already using the D word after getting 20’ of rain last year?

Still don't think it's a drought SBH? I'm just going by pattern and experience here.

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - My 2 cents - 01-16-2019

"I am the weatherman"

Yeah, that was my point. The weather people disagree and are wrong so often that it makes me think they are just flipping coins with their predictions. You have to take their information, look at the satellite pics, combine those with your own knowledge and be your own weatherman.

It always amazes me when people refer to the winter months here as the rainy season. Even the weather folk do this. In my experience January, February and even March have been the best bet for extended dry periods. Doesn't always happen, certainly didn't last year, but on average that has been my observation. The front that is approaching us now does have the appearance of the the ones that typically stall before they get to us during this time of year.

"It doesn’t rain for a few days and people are already using the D word after getting 20’ of rain last year?"

Yes, we got a lot of rain last year. Everything is nice and green. All this means is that when things dry up there will be more fuel for the brushfires. Do any of you remember the drought of '83? (I might be off by a year). It stopped raining in December and went several months with hardly any precipitation. Toward the end of it we had brushfires in most of the subdivisions simultaneously. HPP, Hwn Beaches, Orchidland, Hwn Acres, Ainaloa, Fern acres, and probably some others that can't remember accurately enough to post were all burning at the same time. Not in my area of Orchidland, so I went to help my friends in HA. Had to go through the woods to get around the cops' roadblocks, but the firemen were very appreciative for the help. There was a group of about 20 or 30 of us going house to house ahead of the front, clearing around the house and keeping the fire away until the front passed, then on to the next one to do the same thing. Scary sh*t, but heartwarming to see the people coming together in such an organized fashion.

That was a very strong El Nino year. My understanding of this year is that it is more moderate, so hopefully we won't have a repeat experience. But as someone said earlier, be careful what you wish for.

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - Obie - 01-16-2019

My weatherman is now saying this "Friday Scattered showers, with thunderstorms also possible after noon"

I'm pretty sure they use a dart board though.

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - Guest - 01-16-2019

I like that concept Bluesboy. : )

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - randomq - 01-16-2019

The heavens will crack and slake the thirst of Ola'a. Mighty Ohia will bow before the storm. The itinerant Pahoans will be cleansed (for a change). This is my word and prophecy.

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - kalianna - 01-16-2019

Weather forecasters have been bang on this week. Partly cloudy Mon and Tues., clearer Wed. and Thurs. Rain chances dissipating for Fri./Sat. We did a first coat of paint on our roofs in Sept and have been waiting ever since then for a rain-free week. Two more days and we'll be done. Then I can water my thirsty plants if needed. Come on rain!

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - ElysianWort - 01-18-2019

Well here we are Friday morning, I can see the stars right now. No thunderhead clouds looming.

It sprinkled for about 2 minutes here Wednesday evening but nothing last night.

11 days of dryness and counting.

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - Mimosa - 01-18-2019

small kine dew - stars out - voggy - where is da rain ppl here said friday 4 sure.
Poler vortex just split last week into 3 sections slamming mainland with record cold and feet deep snow n ice.
No mo nuttin hea.Water haulers working 24/7 again.
Mrs.Mimosa

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - ElysianWort - 01-18-2019

The sky looks absolutely amazing this morning at dawn. Long stretched out clouds super high in the atmosphere ablaze with magnificent colors.