Punaweb Forum
Eight more TMT protesters arrested on Mauna Kea - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Eight more TMT protesters arrested on Mauna Kea (/showthread.php?tid=16386)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Eight more TMT protesters arrested on Mauna Kea - DaVinci - 09-10-2015

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

dakine, imagine a British (or German or French) skinhead who said that all foreigners (i.e. anyone whose family has less than 100 years of history in that country) should not be allowed to vote. And if they don't like that then they should shut up and go back to wherever it is they came from.

What would you call that person? A "protector"? After all, it's not like the local Brits (or Germans or French) have an option to go back to where they came from. And yeah you can say they can go back to Africa or wherever but let's not get that silly.

Yes, I will keep quoting your racist rant every time you ask where the aloha is. It can't be found where you are.

Sign me up behind Tommy, Rainy, and Paul. The whole rest of the progressive world is busy trying to shout down their various xenophobes and racists, and melt the cultures of the world together... while a vocal minority of Native Hawaiians are still bleating about an injustice done to them a hundred and ten years ago. It happened. I'm not thrilled about it, but you aren't ever gonna get to put that genie back in his bottle. Leave the good scientists on MK alone, for goodness sakes. They're more than willing to bend over backwards to compromise and accommodate your religious observations, but you don't get to just put a fence around the whole mountain.

RE: Eight more TMT protesters arrested on Mauna Kea - Kapoho Joe - 09-10-2015

quote:
Originally posted by DaVinci

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

dakine, imagine a British (or German or French) skinhead who said that all foreigners (i.e. anyone whose family has less than 100 years of history in that country) should not be allowed to vote. And if they don't like that then they should shut up and go back to wherever it is they came from.

What would you call that person? A "protector"? After all, it's not like the local Brits (or Germans or French) have an option to go back to where they came from. And yeah you can say they can go back to Africa or wherever but let's not get that silly.

Yes, I will keep quoting your racist rant every time you ask where the aloha is. It can't be found where you are.

Sign me up behind Tommy, Rainy, and Paul. The whole rest of the progressive world is busy trying to shout down their various xenophobes and racists, and melt the cultures of the world together... while a vocal minority of Native Hawaiians are still bleating about an injustice done to them a hundred and ten years ago. It happened. I'm not thrilled about it, but you aren't ever gonna get to put that genie back in his bottle. Leave the good scientists on MK alone, for goodness sakes. They're more than willing to bend over backwards to compromise and accommodate your religious observations, but you don't get to just put a fence around the whole mountain.

Hear Hear!

RE: Eight more TMT protesters arrested on Mauna Kea - TomK - 09-10-2015

I'm still stunned someone can write this and actually be proud of it. It's sick.

Come on, "common citizen", "haole rights", "all foreigners" and "if any haole is uncomfortable with that they should just shut up. And if it makes them uncomfortable they can always go back to wherever they came from."

"I do not think 'most people' should have a say, sorry. I strongly feel this is an issue between the Hawaiians and the US government and the common citizen should have no say in the matter. Of course I do not believe anyone will willy nilly discard the haole's rights. And by haole's I mean all foreigners. But I do believe this is not a matter for popular vote, and if any haole is uncomfortable with that they should just shut up. And if it makes them uncomfortable they can always go back to wherever they came from."

No wonder dakine resorts to personal insults in his posts, there's no logical defense to this diatribe, so what's left?

RE: Eight more TMT protesters arrested on Mauna Kea - Guest - 09-10-2015

The truth is plenty of people are not going to allow this kind of over development on their Mountain anymore, enough is enough. Some may make light of this situation, or think its going to go away soon with the many added rules,arrests, and promises. Yet The emotion is still running high or HOT for many, as can be seen in this video from Mauna kea recently.

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2015/09/10/video-emotional-manao-of-earl-deleon-on-mauna-kea/

"The truth is plenty of people are not going to allow this kind of over development on their Mountain anymore, enough is enough. Some may make light of this situation, or think its going to go away soon with the many added rules,arrests, and promises."

Please let us know how your communication with the Mauna Kea POWs is going. Thanks.

RE: Eight more TMT protesters arrested on Mauna Kea - dmbwest - 09-10-2015

" bout time foa da OHA...what you tink dakine?...for real or wat? "

lol,
pog

RE: Eight more TMT protesters arrested on Mauna Kea - Kapoho Joe - 09-10-2015

quote:
Originally posted by pog

" bout time foa da OHA...what you tink dakine?...for real or wat? "

lol,
pog

It's like a bad Laurel & Hardy bit.

Right now, new scientific discoveries are happening on Mauna Kea. In the meantime, at sea level, we have Frank:

"bout time foa da OHA...what you tink dakine?...for real or wat?"

If Frank is Hawaiian, this is the argument dakine wants to hear while suppressing all other discussion. We all go back to where we came from in the meantime. What a miserable and monotone place this island will become. Maybe that's what some want.

"P.S. Also found an article Tomk and others may appreciate, as it does relate to Maunakea's importance.
http://www.skyandtelescope.com/astronomy-blogs/will-we-still-recognize-the-sky-in-27800-ad05272015/
"

Thank you so much, Gypsy69. As a professional astronomer, I'm quite aware of precession, proper motion and various other affects on orbital mechanics. I'm glad you are now trying out your new-found ability to cut and paste URLs but suggest you use your new skills to find something relevant and comment on them in the same way, i.e., intelligently.

RE: Eight more TMT protesters arrested on Mauna Kea - deserteagle50ae - 09-11-2015

Yawn.....