Punaweb Forum
Discoveries using the telescopes on Mauna Kea - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Discoveries using the telescopes on Mauna Kea (/showthread.php?tid=17412)

RE: Discoveries by the telescopes on Mauna Kea - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 07-31-2016

HOTPE playing the middle as if it's like I'm cool
Nowyou guys turn to defend why its always the same from you ...

Some people on Punaweb post opinions. Some post facts. Some imagine facts.

For instance, if someone posted as fact that autoautos* will soon decimate the parking lot business, because the 2018 Tesla will be capable of dropping you at the airport, then drive home to it's garage until your return flight, you, as a parking lot professional would probably know that's not going to affect your business model for decades, possibly ever. Your experience in the field allows you to recognize BS when you hear it.

It's the same with ted's comments about "space-based" telescopes. Sure it might happen in the future, but ted draws the conclusion with certainty that terrestrial telescopes are obsolete NOW! As well as other bovine paced mental ruminations established by, as you yourself said, probably nothing more than an "early afternoon bottle discovery."

The reason many of us address the falsity of his claims is that Protectors will list nearly anything as a reason to stop construction of the TMT, and should one of them pause between chain smoking her Parliaments for a moment to read ted's comment, she might cut and paste it to a Protector website in less time than it takes to strike another match to keep those cigs burning burning burning right down to the filter.

Now, as to why it's always the same from us, it's because imaginary facts can change in an instant, while actual facts require investigation, research, continuity, etc to come to a new conclusion. Generally those facts won't oscillate rapidly, they'll evolve slowly.

So if after a few weeks of posting to Punaweb you find some of our responses conspicuously predictable you're certainly entitled to that opinion, and I'm cool with it.

* or self driving automatic automobiles

The moon kind of surprises me sometimes. I’ll be out at night and I’ll see a nice moon, and say, “Hey, that looks good.” Then I’ll say, “Oh sh-t, I went up there one time!” Kind of surprises me. It’s like there are two Moons, you know—the one that’s usually around, and then that one. - Michael Collins, Apollo 11 astronaut

RE: Discoveries by the telescopes on Mauna Kea - PaulW - 07-31-2016

Why the name change, pog? That desperate for money?

It's sometimes hard to imagine how basic scientific research can benefit us but possible detection of alien could be momentous. They could send us the cure for cancer! Long shot, sure, but it's possible. Not that scientific research should be aimed that way, all knowledge is good.

RE: Discoveries by the telescopes on Mauna Kea - Guest - 07-31-2016

Thanks for the Humorous understanding HOTPE. I wish you had Island in your name because HOTPIE sounds fun to say.

Leilanidude, you have been on my case since i got here and a percentage of my posts so far have regrettably been wasted on you. For your compulsory kneejerk attacks I offer you a 50% discount and will still send Rob the full price I promised. For real on this. Just you or anyone you know mention your Punaweb name when you drop off your car.

Like I said in the beginning this seems to be a tough crowd, its especially disconcerting given the harmonious and powerful nature of this Island we call home. It does not seem like there are many "grown here" folks posting so thankfully, i believe Punaweb represents only a very small percentage of all the people on the island.. Maybe you guys just don't like a newbie pointing out what you do not like about yourselves. The valueless, nit picking, ready to pounce like pattern and nature here is blatantly obvious and sad. Bullies always need to be exposed and shown manners maybe they were not taught at home.

Target fodder for you to Alpha post on:

"Better to try and learn, thEn teach rather thAn complain."

Basic weather terminology included.

From my reading so far I think we should all strive to be falsely accused of being Carey.

Thank you Rob for having this nice site. The true value here is in reading all the practical things in the other forums.

signed,
JMO

RE: Discoveries by the telescopes on Mauna Kea - TomK - 07-31-2016

airportparking wrote:

"Maybe you guys just don't like a newbie pointing out what you do not like about yourselves."

And...

http://www.punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22567

"I have observed and contributed to PunaWeb for over 10 years now and can say to all above that you would be amazed at the overall spirit and comradery it used to have ..."

Both comments place an unworthy burden on the phrase "being consistent".

Dear Puna Web,

All of TomK's flailing posts are always forwarded over to his superiors,,,,,,,,,,,, including Pam.

"All of TomK's flailing posts are always forwarded over to his superiors,,,,,,,,,,,, including Pam."

And there I was thinking pahoated was nuts...

Both comments place an unworthy burden on the phrase "being consistent".

Explain why Tom ?

tic tic tic ... I know I am being a dick ... Wot you have actual work to do ? what about poor Gypsy sleeping early so he can wake up and take care of his children ?

Does he need to wake up to see your bully posts ? TomK ??? Do you have any children you have to take to school ?

For now, I am leaving your own love out of this you ----

For anyone who missed airportparking's earlier torrent, the posts are available here:

http://imgur.com/a/TTyl8

We both know you the only one up trolling right now Tom ...