Punaweb Forum
No Coco Palms for you! - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: No Coco Palms for you! (/showthread.php?tid=19208)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: No Coco Palms for you! - PaulW - 03-12-2018

<<I think there is blame on both sides>> as someone once said.

Uh, no. Only one side has the racist and violent element.

But anyway, that's far from Coco Palms.

RE: No Coco Palms for you! - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 03-12-2018

Here's a comment tracing the ancestry of the squatters at Coco Palms. If you don't have time to read all of it, the main point is that claimants are not related in any way to King Kaumualii:

Read down to the Comments section starting with:

Coolio jones February 6, 2018 9:42 am
An interesting read…
Coco Palms, Facts and cited sources to back it up…
KEALI’I AKEN-BLAISDELL·WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 31, 2018
Someone asked me to share my mana’o regarding Coco Palms and what is taking place. So of course I will share my mana’o. References/cited resources at the bottom of page.

http://www.thegardenisland.com/2018/02/06/hawaii-news/occupiers-remain-at-coco-palms-2/

Declare yourself a success: you'll be admired by those who've declared themselves failures. - Last Aphorisms

RE: No Coco Palms for you! - Chas - 03-12-2018

Whoa, it’s been a couple of days since I’ve looked at the site, and I want to make a couple of points about my original post before I respectfully bow out of this thread.

Mark P: Your posts made me realize that I may have given the impression I supported the action taken at Coco Palms and the Hawaiian Sovereignty movement. Thank you for that and your support.

HOTPE: The link I gave was from a site called “Hawaiian Kingdom.org”. If that alone doesn’t tip you off, the first sentence makes it clear what they’re about. Of course they only post material supporting their cause. I did know that. But I appreciate the way you delivered your thoughts about examining different sides of an issue.

I confess I had never sought out or read any of the original documentation of that time period because quite frankly, I’m not THAT interested in it. I’ve got more important issues in my life. I had just never found so much of it in one place, so easily accessible. (Again, didn’t really look for it either).

I thought it was interesting to read, and felt it also gave insight as to the reasons the Sovereignty movement was formed. Do I agree with them? I can’t say because I don’t feel like I have enough information to make a decision about it. Do I think the Hawaiians got screwed? Yes, but hey, that’s what people of different races/cultures have always done to one another. The white race does seem to have perfected it though.

Many on here seem hostile to The Movement and make very derisive comments. Maybe I thought reading this material would give them a better understanding? One sided, yes, but did they even read that side before spouting off?

Again, I wasn’t trying to make a judgement on anything. I didn’t mean to give that impression. I was just pointing out something I thought was interesting.

Thank you everyone and good evening.

RE: No Coco Palms for you! - MarkD - 03-12-2018

Appreciate your thoughtful words, Chas. Anyone offering pro-Hawaiian sentiment on Punatalk should be ready to scrap (verbally).

RE: No Coco Palms for you! - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 03-12-2018

Anyone offering pro-Hawaiian sentiment on Punatalk should be ready to scrap (verbally).

In the case of the people at Coco Palms:

They originally said they were related to the former king, and therefore had some claim to the land where the hotel is located. It appears they are not related to the king and so it follows do not own the property. This means they lied to the police, the courts and to people who publicly supported them. Is there anything positive that can be said about them and their tactics? Without playing the game of moving the goal posts (the first statements proved untrue, so new reasons are offered for their actions...)

Personally I don't believe the Coco Palms squatters represent the Native Hawaian people today, their ancestors, or the ali'i of old. Neither do they reflect the Hawaiian culture or Hawaiian religious beliefs. They are making it up as they go along in order to squat on a property for free rent, and collect donations from supporters who treat them as honest and sincere individuals, and take them at their word without feeling it necessary to verify their claims. In fact, the people helping them have been conned, hoodwinked, and taken for a ride. Is that a noble cause worth supporting? Have they done anything of value worth defending?

There are criminals of all races, creeds, and color. Crooks don't give up their moral compass without also relinquishing their culture or religion or beliefs. One is an integral part of the other.

Declare yourself a success: you'll be admired by those who've declared themselves failures. - Last Aphorisms

RE: No Coco Palms for you! - TomK - 03-12-2018

MarkD wrote:

"Maybe some people get delusions and mental disruptions up high on Mauna Kea.

Maybe the chemtrails have some link to all the vitriol and agitation on the TMT debate. (saying this with the idea that both parties to the debate go to the mountain top)
"

Maybe you're trying to be funny, I don't know. But to even give any credibility to the chemtrail conspiracy to this thread is ridiculous. I suggest you apologize to all the locals that work at the summit.

RE: No Coco Palms for you! - MarkD - 03-13-2018

It was an attempt at humor.

RE: No Coco Palms for you! - Tink - 03-13-2018

If the squatters are known as commoners with no relation to the Alíi and are on sacred, Royal ground while refusing to follow Mainland, or US law, punish them with the ancient Hawaiian law they are citing to their benefit at the time. "Fence sitting" on which laws one gets to use for personal benefit should not be allowed.

Community begins with Aloha

RE: No Coco Palms for you! - TomK - 03-13-2018

Thank you for your honesty, MarkD.

RE: No Coco Palms for you! - Kapoho Joe - 03-16-2018

New twist - http://www.thegardenisland.com/2018/03/13/hawaii-news/coco-palms-and-endangered-species/