Punaweb Forum
Woman's body found off Kalapana - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Woman's body found off Kalapana (/showthread.php?tid=11992)

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - Punatickz - 01-09-2014

After reading all these posts, I'd suspect Poke-A-Stick pays that mysterious "1,000$" a week bribe mentioned in the letter, and probably allows the KTC guys to park for free. My friend does a small lava tour company and says its a lucrative business that needs a few handshakes and deals to compete with local companies down there . My buddy is a local though and knows how to get his butt covered and who to pay. Theres a new flow now so who knows if the kalapana boys control that area or built any trails going to it.

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - bananahead - 01-09-2014

here is the google satellite image (link within post copied below) of Fox's Landing, with marked 10 acre parcel and misplaced (?) tent locations...

Uncle Roberts/end of the Red Rd. is the cluster of white homes etc above the 'en' in 'yellow tent' and the main place to park to hike out to coastal area for most tourists etc.

the 'new black sand beach' (the main draw in the area) is at the 2nd 't' in 'yellow tent'

Fox's Landing is the coastal long narrow lighter green kipuka west of the 'new beach'
to get an idea of size... a football field is basically 1 acre in size, the Bo parcel with white line is said to be 10 acres... so 10 football fields would roughly fit into that white line area...

some flowing lava cut through Fox's Landing in July of 2010 (killing dozens of coconut trees, still seen on ground there) .. thus the kipuka was cut a bit into smaller kipukas, the white outlined 10 acre property is behind the cut off section of kipuka (this area has shorter scrub brush and alot of dodder and smaller bushes)...
the oval dark green kipuka ... Im not sure if it has a different name or not, is a bit farther west along the shore.

it takes a good deal of time to walk all the way around Fox's Landing (easiest is walking within 10-15' of the shore cliff), the right (east) side at the point is very high its like a plateau really about 20' taller at edge than the surrounding new lava (You need to climb up on it if entering from the east side) and in middle area of kipuka its even taller a steeper hill with some soil and very thickly forested...

original post is on page 20

<<<If the police coordinates are correct, those two tents are over two miles apart. However, the first one (orange) is described as being 15-20 feet from the shoreline (and at the same time 2 miles north of the staging area; the ocean is to the south), while that point is over a mile from the shore, and the second (yellow) is described as being in a forested area makai of the flow, and the point is on the flow. See the link below for a Google Earth map for the coordinate locations (the white box is the Bo Johnson's land parcel).
http://i.imgur.com/IJvEEk3.jpg

Frankly, it's rather disturbing that they could be so far off (not to mention that they don't seem to know the difference between feet-inches and minutes-seconds).>>>>

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha

this is the Hawaii News Now video from last week http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/24360073/dec

with a couple still pics that to me show the homes built right on lava right behind Fox's Landing (only homes out there on raw lava really) with investigators walking from the lava viewing area towards Fox's Landing (ocean behind it)
the lava viewing area is at the end of that straight road directly above the 10 acre parcel in the google satellite image

IMO in the zoomed in video and the one closeup pic of investigators next to kipuka the investigators are going into the kipuka at about the spot where that white blotchy area is on non-ocean side of kipuka on satellite image (this area of kipuka is the area with the most huge trees)

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - kapohololo - 01-09-2014

Same results here, the police have given weird GPS coordinates concerning various locations. How did you find out which parcel of land Bo was buying, as that looks to be an area that far south of where one would expect.

kapohololo, I didnt make the white line 10 acre google satellite image, link to it is originally on page 20, on a post by "Midnight Rambler"
maybe he can chime in ???

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - Punatickz - 01-09-2014

I thought Bo and Brittany were staying in one tent? Why are there two tents involved, and were both tents associated with Bo or Brittany?

Im not 100% sure hanging body was in Fox's Landing, its hard to follow all the angles of video and descriptions....

I believe the 2 tents were found within a day or two of body in ocean found... only one the yellowish-green one was theirs...
forgot about this video, it shows the real tent briefly and I believe what is the east side of Fox's Landing with a couple homes visible on lava flow fairly far in background of tent... its a nice large tent and really to me a greenish-yellow color with white and black trim areas... even though you cant see whats behind photographer, to me the tent doesnt match either pushpin marker on the satellite image...

http://www.kitv.com/news/hawaii/big-island-police-investigating-remains-in-kalapana/-/8905354/23765044/-/ake97wz/-/index.html

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - hikatz - 01-10-2014

There was only one tent, the confusion was over the color which was matter of interpretation by two separate police searches. There also was a police release, Bo did not stay at the hostel in Pahoa, from what I remember, they did locate and talk to Jeffrey Allen the man who had been staying there.

Why did the police not bring in Magnum to search the area?
http://hilo.hawaiitribune-herald.com/sections/news/local-news/magnum-police-dog.html

Tiffany did post a copy of the search warrant on her site.
http://www.bigislandchronicle.com/2013/06/ (you can find a lot more posts with information/details and comments by searching Bo or Brittany's name)

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - ssshjar_johnson - 01-10-2014

hikatz, there were 2 tents. You said the confusion was over colors by two different officers. Did you know that these two separate officers not only got the color of the tent confused but the dimensions of the tent and the coordinates of the tent? There were 2 tents listed in the Search Warrant. They were found on separate days and as well.

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - hikatz - 01-10-2014

I am going by the descriptions of the tent whether it is was yellow/gray or orange/gray, the contents found in the tent were the same. The TMK 3-1-2-42-14, the two differing GPS coordinates, equipment they were using or the person reading it?

Observation of Affiant (page 2) 5/28/13
0905 hours Detective Grant Todd conducted aerial checks of the area within HFD Chopper 1
0910 hours located campsite the GPS coordinates N19.20.799 W 155.0.769 he reported there were no other campsites nearby.
0100 Detectives Almeida and Todd arrived at campsite observed an orange/gray tent approx. 6'x6' then goes into description of what he found (page 3-4)